• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP and ESTP?

Woof

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm merely wondering. Sounds like a pretty strange pairing to me.

I find talking to ESTPs rather interesting - the ones I know seem to be able to hold their end of a conversation as long as they're interested, which isn't too hard to do if you can find a topic they're interested about. Our conversations are rather humorous and frantic; both of us usually end up laughing several times throughout. The only thing that annoys me about ESTPs are that I never seem to be able to tell when they're just joking around or when they really are telling the truth. For example:

ESTP - "Your shirt looks really funny."
Me - "Thank you, you're oh-so-kind."
ESTP - "I was just kidding."
Me - "You weren't, were you?"
ESTP - "I was, I was! You know I always kid." *insert exaggerated smile here* "So what's up?"

I've been reading some of the posts here, and it doesn't seem like any ENTP has had luck with an ESTP. What do you fellow ENTPs consider ESTPs to be like?

Oh, I'm new to MBTIcentral. :hi:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTPs are fine by me. But then again, I'm not ENTP anymore.

redacted

From my observations, ENTPs and ESTPs get along amazingly well. They don't necessarily have the same lines of thought, but they always understand each other and they're usually both pretty chill.

I personally get along extremely well with all ETPs. My current group of friends has 4 ENTPs and 2 ESTPs (the ESTPs happen to be the only Ss in the group; they pull all of us INJs and ENPs out of our ridiculous conversations and make it about fun again :)).

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have several ESTP friends. I get along with them fairly well if they are intelligent.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I know one, and I think he is a demon

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love them enough that half the time I wish that I WAS an ESTP! :doh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you sure you know one ? According to function analysis, extroverted sensing is demonic to entp

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i get along with them fine, but when i want to, i can get along with anyone, so...

maybe it's you who isn't one, entropie.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
the good thing is, as long as we all have our own interpretation of things, we got to get booty :D

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

actually, i meant that it's not a good idea to judge all by one. if i did that, i'd hate them all too. hell, i'd hate everyone.

also, it's hard to imagine you not getting along with anyone.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you sure you know one ? According to function analysis, extroverted sensing is demonic to entp

;) Some of our Ses don't suck all so bad.

My childhood best friend and my favorite cousin are both ESTPs- it's fun to be with someone who will think that crazy ideas sound fun and will actually DO stuff with you sometimes.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Some of your Ses do not fuck so hard ? Uff, am I to say now that I am sorry ?! :D :D :D

---

No, I got you whatever + digest. My knowledge of estp is highly limited. I think that my friend in business, when I was driving the drugs to the people, which he bought, was estp. But he is weird and I have a hard time understanding him. Most of the time, when we were together I was keeping my mouth shut.

I was just surprised that you deal so easily with those estp, what I couldn't

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP

No, according to some dipshits online, and maybe a few analysts it's demonic to ENTPs.

I've asked more than a dozen times on this site alone, why the fuck does anyone think the order is so rigid?

Never got an answer. Those posts are always skipped. Always.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont take the order rigidly, I just recently got to know about that shadow processes thing and that Se is demonic according to entp.

It sounded cool.

Easiest answer to skipped posts is always one of these two options:

1. Your english was so bad that noone did get you

2. It is not easy to break the order of a system you just understood, so that instantly can get to know a new one (so we skip the idea for the moment, but eventually come back to it later)

---

From my experience, most of the times, it is the english :D

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
One of my best friends is an ENTP, we get along very well.
It is just that sometimes I find them to be a bit peculiar, on the grounds of not really understanding the basis of some of their actions.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
The only thing that annoys me about ESTPs are that I never seem to be able to tell when they're just joking around or when they really are telling the truth. For example:

ESTP - "Your shirt looks really funny."
Me - "Thank you, you're oh-so-kind."
ESTP - "I was just kidding."
Me - "You weren't, were you?"
ESTP - "I was, I was! You know I always kid." *insert exaggerated smile here* "So what's up?"

I do that all the time too. I'm not ESTP.

I've been reading some of the posts here, and it doesn't seem like any ENTP has had luck with an ESTP. What do you fellow ENTPs consider ESTPs to be like?
I like ESTPs and get along fine with them. I don't think I'll ever be really good friends with one though. We are too much alike on the outside.

We also try to speak over each other too much. A main reason why you'll rarely see two Extroverted thinking types as good friends.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hmm... I really get along with them on a platonic level. And they're quite wonderful on a relationship level... but they lack foresight. It really got to me...