• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what do you honestly think about other temperaments in relation to yours?

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
NF - I tend to get along with them pretty well. Sometimes I feel like I have to walk on eggshells though - and while I'm busy doing this one of them will suddenly side-swipe me with a strong opinion... It's hard to explain, but it annoys me. Like, they'll try to come at me from a realm of personal opinion about a topic when I was just speaking hypothetically, not intending to express any personal opinion of my own. And as they formulate their own personal opinion about what I've said, they'll insert what they assume to be mine, even though I didn't intend to express one, and I didn't want the conversation to go down that road at all. It's just a wierd disconnect sometimes. That hyper-individuality/originality stuff can rub me the wrong way at times too. But I generally really like NF's.

SP - Don't know many. I think I know an ISFP and she's cool. Except when she's going on about the finer details of the plumbing problem in her house and how she intends to fix it.

SJ - Usually things go fine with them. I know a lot of SJ's. Though I hate it when they pull out the self-righteous crap. Sometimes I feel they look at me as a novelty not meant to be taken seriously. They'll laugh at my jokes and say that they think I'm really smart, but then turn around and harrass me for not having a boyfriend or not having 5 jobs like they do or not having a set schedule, or whatever else. And when I try to argue, I can tell they've blocked me already and it's totally futile. They'll hear me, but they won't listen.

I forgot.

NT - I tend to enjoy NT's, though the few NTJ's I know can drive me a little nuts at times. The ones I know are both really confident but also try their hardest to be really wierd. It can be hard to have a serious conversations at times, because somehow it'll all devolve into a "who can say the wierdest catchphrase in this context" contest. And while I'm all for that, I think it has its time and place. And they don't seem to agree with me on that. They're also 19-21 year-old guys though, so that could be a huge part of it. The NT females I know are awesome.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think NT's have the absolute highest potential for intelligence. But, where one is strong they are also weak elesewhere. Everyone with their many personalities and temperments have their roles in this world and serve their purposes admirably. Some are meant to be scientists and great thinkers, others are meant to throw the greatest parties of all time. None is better than the other, they're all needed for balance.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I go through phases of hating and then liking INTP's... often it depends on my own I/E cycle, and I'll tend to 'hate' whatever's most like the parts of me I dislike at the time. Or the parts of that type description, anyway, if that makes any sense...

I've just recently been thinking that ISFJ's are actually pretty awesome.

But I've also been thinking how gigantic the variation of personalities there is within a single type, and yet without there being any doubt of the person's type. Take ISFJ's for example: you get really rockin', cool, calm, unjudgemental ones like Jae Rae - and then you get total basket case ones like my sister can be a lotta the time, just taking out everything on everyone whenever she's pissed or things don't go as expected for her, and so very, very judgemental.

It's just something that makes me marvel, that's all.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, I've amassed my own appraisal of each type based on my own experience. I hope it is valuable to you:

ENFJ - Good guys, sensitive, excitable. Hard working. Gossips.
ENFP - Lovable, flakes, dramatic. Sometimes paranoid attention whores.
INFJ - Friendly rule followers. Verbal intellectuals. Often solid and / or chubby. Into music on a near mystical level, almost as a rule. Sensitive.
ESFJ - Bossy, efficient.
ESFP - Partiers, very friendly
ISFJ - Friendly, pushovers yet stubborn. Very caring. Gullible.
ISFP
ENTJ - Hard-nosed, confident. Somewhat conventional and unimaginative.
INTJ - Scientists, funny. Do what they say they will do.
ENTP - Charming, flakes
INTP - Flakey, nerds, gear heads, critical expressiveness. Somewhat depressive.
ESTJ - Boring, friendly. Bossy if in a position to be.
INFP - Idealistic flakes, prone to hypochondria or unusual medical conditions. Maybe internally very sensitive to bodily states? Difficult to get to know, but once they accept you, you're in.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ENTPs: Louder and more impulsive than INTPs. Could be as smart if they weren't so concerned with premature action. Need for group activity is amusing and counter-productive for whatever their chosen areas of "excellence." Often get decent jobs an INTP would be 5x better at because they know people. Etcetera.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Often get decent jobs an INTP would be 5x better at because they know people. Etcetera.

Interesting. I read study recently where people self-reported that they would prefer to work with someone incompetent yet likable rather than someone competent and unlikable. I have gotten every job I have ever had (nearly without exception) through people I've known or even met online.

I even interviewed for a position once, didn't get the job, and made friends with the VP in the interview. I kept in touch for 2 years and he later offered me a job out of the blue.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Interesting. I read study recently where people self-reported that they would prefer to work with someone incompetent yet likable rather than someone competent and unlikable. I have gotten every job I have ever had (nearly without exception) through people I've known or even met online. I even interviewed for a position once, didn't get the job, and made friends with the VP in the interview. I kept in touch for 2 years and he later offered me a job out of the blue.
Precisely. I wasn't talking out of my ass. I just left out the "good" qualities.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
NTs vs. NFs?

NTs are better at efficiency. They're better at arguing fine points, and they can assemble the big picture pretty quickly. Although NTs can see the bigger picture, NFs have a certain intimacy with it that NTs don't have that can make their bigger picture deeper and richer. I think they live life with the same overall success rate, while...

NTs vs. SPs?

SPs, I get the impression, are more skilled at living life because they aren't pestered as much by their shortcomings. SPs can be really wild (if extraverted) or really tactical. In tactical stuff, they dominate. Knowing how to operate a big system. NTs might be good at building it, but I think they tire out when it comes to operation. The ISPs can get into something like that because they don't need their intuition stoked (stroked?) all the time. I admire the proprioception that I associate with SP athletes, as well as their musical prowess.

NTs vs. SJs?

ESTJ I can't stand, in general. I don't get along with SJs that are in superior positions to mine. If SJs are serving as subordinates, I'm fine with that. In fact, it's probably a good thing, since I like to take control of the planning and detest implementing. Other than that, I have some bad things to say (some good) but I can't generalize it because I don't know too many of these people intimately.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL Jack, go count your sour grapes before they hatch, or som'n :rolleyes:

(btw I'd really LOVE to see an INTP do my job at all, let alone 5x better)

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I can think of examples of people of every type that I've got along with fantastically... but to take my general experiences of all...

I'm allergic to INFJ's. Just completely allergic, man. In fact, FJ's generally make me feel sick to death of being judged and disapproved of, or told how I feel, what I think, and what's best for me.

The only F's that make me laugh are ENFP's. The only T's that don't are ESTJ's.

Introverts generally make me feel constantly smacked down and like they look down on me (oh you're so shallow and insecure for needing human company and talking! why can't you survive as a hermit and transmit your thoughts telepathically - or even better, in text format, like we healthy people!), and wear me out with mixed messages ("I do want this friendship... I just don't think it's worth putting any work into"), except ISxP's, who seem unique amongst introverts in knowing the skills involved how to actually have friends :laugh: they're the only ones I seem to see on the whole who understand that it's a two way street. The rest seem to treat people as disposable or sorta 'convenience friends' - y'know, on the rare occasion they feel like some human company we've got to pull out all the stops and understand that we're on trial and this is our chance to prove our worth to them... but then we're to go back home and leave them alone until the next time, and if we need someone in the intervening time, we're to look elsewhere. Note, they never have to prove their worth - it's a test of our worth to just perceive theirs by the smouldering intelligence in their eyes :rolleyes:

Apart from the FJ's, no issues generally with the E's.

Have to agree with alot of that

Oh, I've amassed my own appraisal of each type based on my own experience. I hope it is valuable to you:

ENFJ - Good guys, sensitive, excitable. Hard working. Gossips.
ENFP - Lovable, flakes, dramatic. Sometimes paranoid attention whores.
INFJ - Friendly rule followers. Verbal intellectuals. Often solid and / or chubby. Into music on a near mystical level, almost as a rule. Sensitive.
ESFJ - Bossy, efficient.
ESFP - Partiers, very friendly
ISFJ - Friendly, pushovers yet stubborn. Very caring. Gullible.
ISFP
ENTJ - Hard-nosed, confident. Somewhat conventional and unimaginative.
INTJ - Scientists, funny. Do what they say they will do.
ENTP - Charming, flakes
INTP - Flakey, nerds, gear heads, critical expressiveness. Somewhat depressive.
ESTJ - Boring, friendly. Bossy if in a position to be.
INFP - Idealistic flakes, prone to hypochondria or unusual medical conditions. Maybe internally very sensitive to bodily states? Difficult to get to know, but once they accept you, you're in.

QFT

NT with NT: Interactions I prefer. NT's can take the truth, are laid back about reality, and don't create unnecessary drama.

NT with NF: I find that if I grunt from time to agree we get along great.

NT with SP: They're OK really. The only thing is that we tend to have a different definition of the word "FUN".

NT with SJ: I like these folks a great deal even though I don't have much to say to them.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
ENFJ - Charisma; the sort of emotional heft that can energize a crowd without saying a word. Coffee breath.
INFP - Symbolic; highly attuned to what they want; like Korn and Primus; call music, "tunes".
ENFP - Wacky; childlike enthusiasm braided with untouchable optimism. Heart-shaped sunglasses. Candy cigarettes.
INFJ - Powerful emotional architecture; an unspoken desire to uplift humanity. Wear eyeliner regardless of gender.

ESFJ - Motherly; cheek-pinchers. Aunts. Bad at respecting personal boundaries. Rarely knock.
ESFP - Tongue piercing; Mardi Gras; Extreme Sports; Cautionless -- an enviable lust for life.
ISFJ - Quiet suffering; genuine. Self-sacrificing. Often found clawing their way out of gym lockers...
ISFP - Artistic and fun; smell like musty patchouli. Sketching charcoal under their fingernails. Enjoy Everybody Loves Raymond.

ENTJ - Great talkers; enjoy opinion-sharking. Fun to debate. Libertarian. Usually have Italian shoes. Always shouting.
INTJ - Mismatched socks. Try too hard to sell IQ. Like to brag. Sweaty palms. Often single.
INTP - Goatees; Roll their own cigarettes. Strong conversationalists. Sip tea.
ENTP - Boundless potential; the scientist who base-jumps. Mythbusters Adam Savage. Love to touch you when they speak.

ISTP - Efficiency-minded realists. Great to pair up with during projects. Usually armed.
ESTP - Hilarious. Bill Murray. Chewing tobacco indent in their bluejeans. Arm-punchers.
ISTJ - Details. Great penmanship. Brilliant with giving directions. At least a red belt in Karate.
ESTJ - Opinionated; hard to intellectually connect with. Wear ties with short-sleeve shirts. Always wear Old Spice.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've loved someone dearly from every type I've met.

I don't think type bothers me so much as worldview + type. When those things don't mix well together (speaking purely from my outside perception of said individuals) I feel the urge to get away fast.

agreed.

Type + values (chosen ones & not imposed/default ones) = the person to a large extent, and that is who we deal with. either one of the two i.e. type difference or differing values, can trump the other when a combination of both are considered. And that is what can, I guess, seem to make seemingly 'similar' people/personalities not so great together and seemingly 'different' people/personalities work perfectly well together. Its more like art or organic in nature and less like a plug and play oriented science/logic/modular machine like 'system'. Tradition and norm can sometimes verify this and since sustaining life is the bare minimum and maximizing progress the 'realistic' ideal, the organic nature of this combination and interaction is what endures.

Airius

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd like to think that I can find common ground with any personality type.
Regardless of MBTI, the individual always comes first.

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
In order of preference:

NT + NT = Hard to trump

NT + NF = There's something to be said for mature NFs, that's for sure. I'd choose them over any other temperment outside of another NT.

NT + SJ = This was hard. Hard to admit to getting along with an SJ. I think ISJs are ok, it's the ESJs I can't do.

NT +SP = All I've known are ESTPs. Not so much on that.

clarabelle99

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
My impressions are;
NTs vs. NFs- NFs are sweet, romantic, melanchology souls, who live in their own world (more so than us NTs). However, they have a strong tendancy to become overinvolved with everyone they meet, they get right under your skin and do not know the meaning of 'personal barriers'. They are endless, hopeless idealists...
NTs vs. SPs- SPs think life should be about fun and being the centre of everyones attention...they rarely take anything seriously and live for the moment...they are both fun (at times) and really frustrating to be around! To their credit, they are happy in their own skins and fit comfortably into the everyday world...
NTs vs SJs- SJs are the upholders of tradition, duty, continuity, social norms etc- they are reliable and dependable....but...they have no imagination whatsoever, are often fearful of the future, conservative and set in their ways..they think only their experience is vaild and cannot tolerate anything that is a bit weird, dark, odd, eccdentric or strange- they like everything to be 'normal' (their own version of 'normal'). They need a good shove to try anything new and can be really pedantic at times...

What does anyone esle think? NFs are the most likely to try and understand NTs and are very compassionate folks..

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I really never think anything.

But I feel an aura of prominent madmen

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. I read study recently where people self-reported that they would prefer to work with someone incompetent yet likable rather than someone competent and unlikable. I have gotten every job I have ever had (nearly without exception) through people I've known or even met online.

I even interviewed for a position once, didn't get the job, and made friends with the VP in the interview. I kept in touch for 2 years and he later offered me a job out of the blue.

Indeed, it is interesting. Dare I say I can be both likable and competent? I may be as extroverted as a deep-sea clam, but anybody who knows me well likes me. I handle my workplace interactions with a naive honesty. Throw in a little wit and the ability to stand up to office bullies and I'm suddenly everyones favourite friend.

They like me too much to be honest. It can be very hard to get rid of them.

*Back on topic*

NFs - I have had very little RL interaction with them. Although one lady I used to work with was an NF. She was lovely and it was enjoyable discussing ideas with her. She understand me completely and had much to add herself, even if it was a bit too much people-focused.

SJs - The extroverted ones can be very irritating. They have a very annoying habbit of excusing their incorrection by stating that your argument is "just your opinion". And then they will continue to ignore any shred of reason you try and introduce to the conversation that proves them wrong.
It's not that im opinionated, it's that some SJ's can argue that the sky is purple if it makes them feel better.