• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what do you honestly think about other temperaments in relation to yours?

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
NF = Annoying
SF = Over-dramatic, but can be fun.
SJ = <3

DonkeyMaster

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
NF's need to stop crying
SP's are okay, just have different meanings of fun
SJ's need to loosen up- take five chill pills (yes I know that is an overdose)

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
I thoroughly enjoy NFs and their sense of humor. Somehow, I get along with them the best out of all the other four mbti subgroups. Perhaps it's because we kinda "get" each other and at the same time they're rarely (if ever) threatening to me. (Other NTs, on the other hand, can sometimes be slightly threatening/intimidating and unfortunately off-putting or cold.) As for SPs -- I also quite enjoy many of them, but I honestly can't deal with them for extended periods of time. We're often just too different in our thinking and that gets to be draining at some point. And, lastly, SJs -- I can't think of much to say about them other than that many of them remind me of my mother (who is an ISTJ, I think)... Sometimes that's a bad thing & other times it's kind of endearing...

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am going to test out this Private Forum thing.

How do you view:
NTs vs. NFs?
NTs vs. SPs?
NTs vs. SJs?

I like NFs, so long as they're dominant N and not dominant F. F-doms seem a little too easy to offend.

SPs I like, period. Especially ISTPs. They have a valuable perspective, and just get things done, where I sometimes take a little too long to act, even if I know exactly what it is I need to do.

SJs are okay so long as they aren't extreme and overly traditional. They're easier to communicate with than most of the perceiving types. They do get a bit boring though.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
NTs:
Pros: Share my intellectual interests, think outside the box, analytical, willing to challenge conventions, highly intelligent, seek competence, objective
Cons: Can come across as arrogant, know-it-alls, insensitive, cold and aloof, too focused on competence and intelligence

NFs:
Pros: Compassionate, empathetic, people oriented, idealistic, creative, imaginative, intuitive, extremely perceptive about people and can deal with the difficult people issues much better than I
Cons: Overly sensitive, not always logical enough, not always realistic enough (NTs can be this way too but it seems more apparent in NFs. Maybe logic helps to bring the NTs more down to earth to some degree?)

SJs:
Pros: Responsible, reliable, conscientious, traditional (could be a pro or a con), security-oriented, gets things done, down to earth, good at handling details, realistic, keeps promises, organized
Cons: Stick in the mud, not willing to challenge conventions, overly traditional, inflexible, closed minded, unimaginative, unwilling to take risks

SPs:
Pros: Fun loving, spontaneous, often athletic, often artistic, enjoys the moment, optimistic and upbeat
Cons: Doesn't think about the future enough, reckless, unreliable, irresponsible, disorganized, unpredictable

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
NT: usually great unless we butt heads on something. then it's a little confusing. I also don't like NT's that haven't developed enough social or emotional skills. detachment is ok - robots are not.

NF: fun when in a positive mood. if in a bad mood I'd rather not have to hear about it.

SP: interesting I guess, but sometimes a little too much. I prefer a little more structure.

SJ: oh boy. uncompromising, for sure which has mildly endearing qualities, but sometimes I just want to slap them and yell "TRY DOING SOMETHING YOU'RE NOT USED TO!"

MrScar

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I really don't know...

Being an NT does not make you smart... Being an SJ does not make you overly traditional, so in the end it all boils down to the person, does it not? :D

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I thought the question was about temperaments.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
NF's - NFJ's are awesome. NFP's can be too into psuedoscience/social activism/new age nonsense for me to respect them.

SJ's - Generally boring. I'm glad they take care of details for me.

SP's - A lot of my fighting buddies are SP's. I prefer T's to F's, but generally fun and easy to be around. The E's can grate on me though.

NT's - These are my people. I coexist with NT's like a champ.

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
NTs - brothers in arms

NFs, SPs, SJs - THERES TOO MANY OF THEM!!! WE CAN'T HOLD FOR MUCH LONGER!!!