• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what do you honestly think about other temperaments in relation to yours?

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gloves.jpg

freemarketpopulist

MBTI Type
ENTP
NTs are the lions, all the rest are sheep

The key is to portray yourself as a sheep. In doing so you'll start to notice the sheep who portray themselves as lions...

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
NF - touchy feely weaklings
SP - poseurs who can't develop their own ideas
SJ - drones

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
NFs - amazing, fun people. I like arguing with them. I also like to just... be around them.
SPs - They snuff out my arguments. But they're so much fun!!! More for socializing and less for serious conversation.
SJs - When it's time for fun, they're down! But otherwise, I respect them, and they try to respect me. They remind me that there are some things to this world that are worth keeping sacred... and how I should act.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NFs--The older I get the more I appreciate my NF friends more than anybody. I like how they look out for my best interests but also can see the big picture well enough to realize when their help is unnecessary/unwanted. I adore NF women in bed.

SPs--I have a few SP friends, and our bonds are usually over common interests, but unfortunately we always conceptualize these interests so differently that I have a hard time really connecting with them the way I can connect with most Ns. Nonetheless, I always appreciate them when I really need someone to just let loose and party with! I'm a very strong P myself so their flexibility and spontaneity make them cool to just hang around with on a slow day. Or when I need my car fixed.

SJs--Fuck 'em.

Nah, seriously though I have a couple of SFJ acquaintances (plus my mother is ESFJ) and they're fine. Sometimes they go a little over the top with their "helpful suggestions", but I can always tell that, even when they're being closed-minded and short-sighted, they really have my best interests at heart so I don't really hold it against them. They generally can't help it. I also don't tend to have common interests with them too often, but I have one ESFJ friend who plays guitar in one my bands and he's probably my favorite SJ that I know. (It's also interesting to look at the differences in the way we approach music--he goes to music school, is very by-the-book and traditional theory oriented. I dropped out of music school and prefer to apply a lot of theory as well, but only insofar as it doesn't hinder my broader goals. He likes the formal theoretical rules on principle.)

And you know, I generally don't have *that* much of a problem with most ISTJs, either, because my over-the-top ENTP personality seems to mostly confuse and intimidate them so we tend to just avoid each other.

But if there's an ESTJ in my personal space, Lord help that poor son of a bitch. (Actually Lord, don't. Help ME, this poor bastard who has to deal with a fucking ESTJ for any prolonged period of time!)

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
SJ - annoying
SP - annoying
NF - confused
NT - funny, intelligent

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Three pages and no posting of this classic??

Foodchain.gif

yeah ^^ I thought about posting it today, but then i felt really lazy and laid back into my overly confortable chair while smoking my lucky strikes. Holidays people, the best thing ever!
The key is to portray yourself as a sheep. In doing so you'll start to notice the sheep who portray themselves as lions...

this is SO true! I'm really BORED of people IRL and even on this forum thinking they are the hotest thing around. One can pretty much smell the delusional bullshit through the screen:doh::doh:

ps: dont take me wrong, I sometimes feel like having drinks\parties\(wild sex) with a good part of a thread.

Back to the topic:

My interactions with a few types:
Entp: : the witty clown who stole your job.
Intp: ah, the intp, love them or\and hate them. Available in a wide variety of tastes and shapes. Will steal your soul and your jokes if left in your proximity for a prolonged period of time. Can really help one to develope ideas into something consistent. Not too strong on the practical aspect of things but really good support coupled with an E within a team.
Intj: Seems cold and distant, can BE cold and distant. Won't be overly bothered by formal jobs (accountant and so on). I'm a huge fan of their somewhat dry humor. Have a high risk factor for cyclical desocialization (Think bears during a hard winter, without the warm and fuzzy side)
Entj: Efficient, logical, cool minded yet somewhat brutal. Make good CEOs. Are usually richer than you. Interesting yet scary. probably hell spawns.
Enfj: Stimulating cheerful people, quite exciting. I suspect they are the reason why spring comes every now and then. Sometimes surprisingly close to an entp yet so different. I love you guys!
Infj: Independant yet so attached. Only kind I know so amazingly able to give me a totally fresh perspective on things. While An immature Infj will both piss off and fascinate. A mature Infj is a mystery one is compelled to digg into, yet doubt ever solving it: That's the best part. I dont know lots of INFJs. But hey, I'm open to suggestions and make very good white russians.

The xSFJ knights of the holy Norm.
Don't take me wrong, some can be alright, but I never had a truly life changing experience with one of those and I pretty much forget they ever existed once I wave my hands goodbye. Not saying they are the devil (yes they are), just really not compatible with the whacky guy who will destroy ur argument for sports while smiling like an overgrown kid. They take things so damn seriously in a sense, and seem like they couldn't see potential for greatness if it hit them in the eye.

G

garbage

Like everyone here, I seem to have the most to say about SJs.

NFs
They're the type that I'm prone to have deep, confusing relationships with. We get close to each other, and then we end up burning each other at times. It's like we can't have just superficial relationships, but then when our relationships develop, we clash more often than I'd like.

They can't understand when I need my space, and I can't understand when they need to hear from me all the time.

They have a good way of bringing out certain emotions in me.. .. especially guilt.

I've got a lot to learn from NFs, though. They're typically very sociable and charismatic, and they know better than I how to read other people. They'd probably make great business partners.

SPs
Many of my pool hall, game night, and dance friends are SPs. They're especially great for more superficial relationships where I just want to go out and have fun, but they can't understand when I want to stay by myself to have fun and fulfillment.

I can imagine getting to know some of them on a deeper level, but it doesn't usually happen. When it does, though, I find that they have a lot to offer from their completely different perspective.

SJs
While their tendency to hide behind policy and "rules" irks me at times, I definitely appreciate their attention to detail.

For example, I work very actively with my SJ boss, and my own desire for efficiency and tendency for corner-cutting is offset by his own detail-orientation and day-to-day thinking. My boss certainly knows where my strengths can be utilized, too; he'll leave me to my own devices and listen to me when I think there's a more cost-effective way to do something.

If nothing else, they certainly have the same work ethic that I do, but they approach work from a different angle that I can appreciate. As long as I'm in an environment where they don't have complete control or are willing to listen to others, I work very well with them.

Other NTs
They usually understand me the most, and vice versa. You guys know the drill here.

mbeerti

MBTI Type
INTP
Ok, I prefer working with NTs better, but when it comes to play, the NFs are close rivals. However, I've noticed that, within the NFs, with respect to their J-ness, I have different preferences when it comes to introverted/extroverted friends. Here's what wins:

ENFJ > INFJ

INFP > ENFP

brilliantwomble

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
NFs--Most of the guys I have liked have been NFs so I can't say I rate them too poorly. Most of my friends have been NFs as well--they are always amused by my bluntness, lack of tact, and overall dislike of being touched. To be honest, I might be tactless at times, but I am also rather quiet so little do they know what I might actually be thinking. I like their ability to dream.

SPs--tend to get along with them quite well. I don't have any deep friendships in this realm, but they are a lot of fun and tend to respect me so I'm okay with SPs. In general, I like them because I know if I want to go and do something crazy, they're usually game which just makes them higher in my book.

SJs--can't stand them most of the time. They sap the fun out of life and are dream killers. Most of the SJs I have worked with also have little patience with my NP nature and think rather sequentially rather than abstractly (go figure.) However, they also tend to get a lot of stuff done which is good since if the world were left in the hands of someone like myself there would be a whole lot of nothing. Currently have a roommate that is an SJ and she despises how I do things, but is also jealous of my ability to do almost nothing and yet still perform well in school. She really dislikes my lack of discipline and non-existent work ethic. And since I take little time to try and make others like me, they just naturally fall at the bottom of my list.

Order of preference NF>SP>SJ

As for other NTs--typically get along with them just fine.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
There is no other temperament besides mine !

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If we overlook that I am alone most of the time.

NF- standard NT NF differences, just more expressed but there is no too much conflict because NF are fascinated with my mind. which is because in many cases they are more interested in how I say thing and bodylanguage. Once they start to think about my words thay can be quite horrified with my approach to life.
Everything is Ok as long as they think I am joking with impersonal approach.

SP- SPs are Ok in small doses. With STPs I usually create teacher-student relations what can work quite well. With SFPs I can't find common ground on the long, even short runs in most cases.

SJ- To tell you the truth I think SJ are afraid of me, from what I have seen in life.
They see clear J tendency which they value, but my high N knocks them out of their balance since they don't understand the principles.
It is something like you have enough knowledge of the language that you can scare others.
Entire thing would be much more simple that my N does not give results, but the truth is just the oposite. Loyal but somethimes too closed minded/blind toward critical parts.

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
SJs I consider the boring, inflexible type. Being down to earth is lame! But, really, a couple of my favorite family members are SJs, so I guess I do like them. These are safe people. I think I get along best with SJs. They're the comfortable friend.
NFs are the extremely emotional type, so I love them when I want to be cuddled, but I definitely don't love them when they want to be cuddled (which is usually a much more significant amount of time). NFs are the type that I have the hardest time understanding.
SPs are a lot of fun. They can sometimes get on my nerves for being flighty, but my best friends are usually SPs. They broaden my horizons. They teach me how to live a little, I teach them how to gain some perspective.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
NF - There great for bouncing ideas off! my sis is one and with her its like olympic ping pong that amount of stuff going around!
SP - Most my mates are SPs so i guess i like them. They bring me down to earth a lot. And there funny!
SJ - only got one or two SJ mates! there ok at times and just plain dumb at others. Generally they just piss me off!

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
NF - Amazing! I love talking to them because they understand what I'm saying and we both usually have ideas that the other hasn't though about.

SP - Fun to be around if we are doing something, but I feel like I'm talking to brick wall usually. Some are amazed by what I have to say others don't care. Overall, not very interesting to listen to.

SJ - Annoying, boring, and too hard headed.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Types don't annoy me, people do. Yay!

I do seem to be more able to tolerate Introverts rather than other Extroverts, though.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think no more than I have thought before. They are all humans and if you punch them in the face, they bleed