• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs and Marijuana

isn't anything

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
We are known for being overly analytical. Most of the time, if an irrational thought or possibility pops into my head, it's easily dismissed. But, I've noticed recently that marijuana has the uncanny ability to mess with my Dom Ni. I get uber-paranoid. My thought processes get very negative, rapid and urgent. Everything that wouldn't occur to me (for good reason) were I was sober suddenly does. Because I value insight and the ability to reassess the dynamics of something, being in this altered state of mind seems to me at the time very enlightening. Everything in my head's environment comes unraveled, and this is supremely unnerving. I'm not someone who particularly enjoys being with friends in the first place, so if I'm in a bad state of mind, being around other people makes it even worse. But I'm at an age where a lot of the time, if I am with friends, marijuana is involved. One weekend, stupidly, I was unable to sleep the night before and while hanging out with my friend, accepted a pot cookie from her. I proceeded to absolutely lose it. I went home, had a full tilt panic attack, convinced myself that I would fail at every goal I had in life, that I was going insane and that death was imminent. When I finally managed to fall asleep I woke up (13 hours later) completely fine. Since then, I've started to dial back on just how high I get, and this seems to help a bit. Has anyone else had bad experiences while high? Do you think INTJs are prone to "bad highs"? Have you found ways to circumvent this?

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is in my opinion not type related, the substance you mention is notoriously known with making unconscious undercurrents and anxieties conscious. I think your question is something that would require a more personal answer.

I started smoking marijuana a long time ago mainly because it had the pleasant effect of diminishing the amount of thought traffic I had going on. I ended up quitting quite some time later at a particularly stressful point in my life because instead of relaxing me it made me fixate on the stress factors leading to panic attack type situations. I'm not normally subject to those so needless to say it led to me stopping altogether.

I guess I'm saying that your particular personality type (may) be prone to over analyzing everything when high or it could be related to stress in your life. Or both. I apologize if this doesn't help but I felt I should share my own thoughts about it.

Also ingesting marijuana instead of smoking it has a different and far more potent effect. The duration of the high is also dramatically extended. Using a vaporizer which is a popular means of delivery now eliminates a lot of the impurities of the marijuana leaving the recipient to experience a more intense reaction than to say smoking a joint. High THC content in modern engineered strains is known to increase anxiety also. There are different chemicals in the marijuana that produce different reactions depending on concentration. Some produce a mellow effect and others create a more hyper (anxious) result. I'd suggest doing some research if you were unaware of these factors. Good luck!

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I do believe that there could be patterns in type associated with negative reaction to THC (which I also experience), but that it's only half the picture scientifically, so not black and white.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I ingest weed based food, I fall incompasitated with sensory overload, panic attacks, and nausea so bad I have to sit in the fetal position in a dark cold room for 5 hours to wait for it to pass. CBD does nothing at all to me. Smoking weed has hardly any affect on me except the munchies. How you partake definitely changes how it affects you as well. I mainly wanted to try weed to reduce my anxiety, but its really worse than alcohol lol.

Also, not really type related. Weed isnt the only thing that fucks with consciousness. I can say there is coorelation between classes of drugs, and your reactions. Its part your unique chemical tolerance, and part underlying conditions.