• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Myers Briggs types and their Zodiac equivalent

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never said I was trying to assert astrology.

That's not what I said. Reread.

Yes, I'm fleshing out my position (is that a bad thing), but I don't think I'm being dishonest.

No, it's not a bad thing, which I already said. It is confusing when you keep saying "all I'm trying to say is or all I was saying is ..." and that point was not mentioned in the previous post at all.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since there are only 12 zodiac signs and there are 16 basic types, I don't see how there could be an equivalency. Not only that, but not one of the above lists got my sign correctly.
It would also mean we only produce certain types of people at certain times within the year.

I am a Leo and none of them got that right either.

I don't know if it's due to the forer effect but I always felt Astrology descriptions were pretty accurate of my temperament. I don't think it's necessarilly that "far out" when you think about the nature of the cosmos and how we are governed by certain basic laws of physics i.e. gravity and such. That the alignment and relation of the Earth to other bodies in the solar system would affect our development doesn't strike me as magical thinking. We know our relation to bodies like the Moon and Sun (among others) has various effects on the planet Earth, and as the Earth is essentially a giant living organism with the plants and animals an outgrowth, it doesn't strike me as odd or necessarily pseudoscience. We are essentially made of energy and chemical reactions; I see no good reason why the flow of energy and the chemical reactions might not be affected by and influenced by very particular conditions on the greater cosmic scale. Human beings are not islands independent of and immune from the environment around us, and I mean the greater cosmic environment, not just the one contained within our atmosphere and line of sight.

Exactly. The moon has an effect on the ocean tides for instance, so why couldn’t it have some sort of effect on anything else including ourselves to some degree. I’m not sure about the whole scientific basis behind astrology and feel silly for having such a devoted interest in it, but I can’t help but feel intrigued on the overall nature of it and how eerily accurate it describes my personality and many other people I know. I’m open to it being completely hogwash as well, but I still find it fascinating regardless and can find many connections to it among other interests of mine which is really cool.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm an INFJ and my sun sign is Scorpio.
My boyfriend is an INTP and his sun sign is Aquarius.
This works for us.

Also, I appreciate the deeper aspects of astrology as an intuitive form of exploration. Is it scientific? I don't know and to be honest, I haven't even looked into the logical side of it because I don't really participate in astrology much. But I will say that energy is a powerful invisible influence on all forms of life and exists in patterns determined by the position of literally everything. It is a force we don't understand very well but there is plenty of material out there to read. Plants and non-humans are more attuned to the influences of energy and it shows in their behavior, but humans do utilize unseen forces, mostly subconsciously, and I don't think it is that far of a stretch to say that patterns of cosmic energy existing in repetitive cycles could have some sort of semi-predictable influence on creature behavior/personality.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's not what I said. Reread.

No, it's not a bad thing, which I already said. It is confusing when you keep saying "all I'm trying to say is or all I was saying is ..." and that point was not mentioned in the previous post at all.

:shrug:

I dunno, this is all a lot of hocus pocus magickey BS anyway. I was just speculating. I don't really know what any of this stuff means.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:shrug:

I dunno, this is all a lot of hocus pocus magickey BS anyway. I was just speculating. I don't really know what any of this stuff means.

I, for one, am totally shocked that anyone on the forum would trot out an insincere position to engage in unnecessarily contentious, topical exploration.

*pops gum*

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I, for one, am totally shocked that anyone on the forum would trot out an insincere position to engage in unnecessarily contentious, topical exploration.

*pops gum*

I'm not, i just can't prove any of this. I can come up with a feel-good idea that we're all interconnected in some cosmic mandala but it doesn't really mean anything.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This is a very backwards way of looking at things

There is no correlation between the signs and the types at all

They work on completely different levels (if astrology is true at all)

It's better to look at how each affects the manifestation of the other

Love that introduction. Fallout: 3 doesn't have the quality story telling of Fallout: New Vegas but that is pure post apocalyptic gold.

Sorry everyone Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior twisted my brain as a child and I've loved post apocalyptic stories ever since.

Back on topic: I'm a Virgo by the way. Libra rising Pisces moon. Don't really put too much stock in it but to each their own.

Carry on.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Eeewwww. Zodiacs ain't realguys. Wake up

Alice-jem

My Ideal Zodiac (stereotypical) as Types
Male
Aries: INFP
Taurus: ESFJ
Gemini: ESFP
Cancer: INFJ
Leo: ENFJ
Virgo: ISTJ
Libra: ISFJ
Scorpio: ISTP
Sagittarius: ENTP
Capricorn: ENTJ
Aquarius: ENFP
Pisces: INTP
Female
Aries: ESTJ
Taurus: ISFJ
Gemini: ISTP
Cancer: ESFJ
Leo: ESTP
Virgo: ISFP
Libra: INTJ
Scorpio: ENTP
Sagittarius: INFJ
Capricorn: INFP
Aquarius: ISTJ
Pisces: ENFJ
Gonna make it sooner.:wink::happy2:

pmg_entp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTP here and I'd rather die than be an Aquarius. So there is that.