• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Realism

Chilichimichanga

MBTI Type
ENTP
So since most intuitives are stereotyped as having their heads up in the clouds I just wanted to find out for myself.

So how Realistic are you???
For Example: I am pretty realistic and don't bullshit by mixing up how things are with how they should be. I see things for what they are and what they can become separately.

Just curious and want to know :)

PhantomBantam

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Well, I used to be a daydreamer + really out of touch with reality, but now I'm more realistic and focus on real life. I still dream a lot, probably impossible but intriguing dreams at that.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Daydreaming and conceptualizing are still my strong points, but healthy types should always have a balance.

Many people I know compliment my practicality. It is one of the qualities I take pride in. But it can always be better.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Lost in the reality of thought

Found through thoughts of reality

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For Example: I am pretty realistic and don't bullshit by mixing up how things are with how they should be. I see things for what they are and what they can become separately.

Aside from being delusional, how would a person mix these up?

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Conceptualizing and daydreaming, thinking of new possibilities and how something could be improved are just my main strengths. It doesn't make my loose my sense of reality though, just make me a bit more cynical and discredited with our concrete world.

Jetta

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I am INTP-a or possibly an INTJ type. I think I become more realistic as I mature. Either through naivete or overconfidence, I tend to overestimate my abilities for example how much I can get done within a specified timeframe. Sometimes I draw out a plan to maximize productivity but the reality is that I never stick to it. I know it's possible but given my meandering mind and propensity to boredom, any attempt to adhere to a strict plan of action is mostly unrealistic. I still aim for it though.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When it comes to life and my future, I do dream pretty big but when thinking of what's plausible, I keep it within some realistic realm. Also, I love facts, examining them, memorizing them, and I take some comfort in knowing. Especially when it comes to topics I'm interested in. Once I get a grasp on what is, I branch deep down the "what if" rabbit hole. Then branch off of that and stick with the possibility.

For the most part, I am a very head-in-the clouds type of person beyond that and to anyone who knows me well enough, it's no secret. I spend a lot of the time that I can daydreaming and large portions are not about very realistic things. I am very fantasy oriented and while fantasy and reality are in two different spheres, I live in the "what if" world. I prefer concepts and ideas over sticking too too much to the solid.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think OP may be confusing logic and realism. That said, I think NTs are primarily conceptualists who like to play with their ideas within a very logical framework. So while they may be thinking about something that is highly abstract and/or theoretical, they can do so within what can appear to be very strict parameters set by their logic. Often (but not necessarily always the case) they might start out with an idea that would appear to be very ungrounded or untested, but after applying logic, they may tailor the idea or discard it entirely. This is why I think they may be mistaken as more prone to realism than their NF counterparts. Not to say NFs can't do logic, of course.

Novella

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
Definitely agree that NTs are generally more realistic and logical than NFs.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I think OP may be confusing logic and realism. That said, I think NTs are primarily conceptualists who like to play with their ideas within a very logical framework. So while they may be thinking about something that is highly abstract and/or theoretical, they can do so within what can appear to be very strict parameters set by their logic. Often (but not necessarily always the case) they might start out with an idea that would appear to be very ungrounded or untested, but after applying logic, they may tailor the idea or discard it entirely. This is why I think they may be mistaken as more prone to realism than their NF counterparts. Not to say NFs can't do logic, of course.

Tho Ne and Te( For Nt's ) seek a real aplication for concepts ( Logic is just a filter for Nt's ideas , i don't think that just pure logic is a real motivation for Nt's but "maybe" you can find some ).

Maybe for Nf , Nt's seems alot more practical 'cause from a Nt perspective being practical ( Learning how a tool works [ this can be anything really.. a screwdriver , a piano or a Particular-acceleration machine] , it's just a way to test our ideas).

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have crushed my idealism with cynisism, and am now am pretty dang realistic. ;)

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think there is a time for everything, and knowing when to switch gears is key... there us nothing wrong with shifting from thought based on the present reality, the imposible, and potential changes in your environment...

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I have crushed my idealism with cynisism, and am now am pretty dang realistic. ;)

are you gonna let the world crush yours dreams? ... fuck the world , crush theirs dreams xDDD.
as intp that sounds like Fi xD ... which is more funny.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
are you gonna let the world crush yours dreams? ... fuck the world , crush theirs dreams xDDD.

Dude, the Rolling Stones WARNED us about that.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Can't have your dreams crushed if you don't have any.
ollesafeee.jpg

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fucking idiot , If you are an Intj you have dreams xDDD.
Sarcasm just make you look cool which you aren't.

I don't have dreams... I have reality.