• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and the Wallstreet bailout/debates

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know, but I'm with the OP on the issue- I don't see why I should have to pay for a bunch of rich fucks when I have to work hard to manage to stay afloat :dry:
The bailout would help some of the rich. Many of the poor. It is not the action; it is the consequences of the action.
Look at the whole. Not at the part. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The bailout would help some of the rich. Many of the poor. It is not the action; it is the consequences of the action.
Look at the whole. Not at the part. ;)

I've always been a bigger fan of trickle down than trickle up economics- to come clean here.

I think that restructuring would have to go hand in hand with any bailout- obviously the system is flawed if it can manage to crash so splendidly. :)

(and memories of reading in history books about Herbert Hoover's bank bailout plans during the great depression don't help either :( )

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I've always been a bigger fan of trickle down than trickle up economics- to come clean here.

I think that restructuring would have to go hand in hand with any bailout- obviously the system is flawed if it can manage to crash so splendidly. :)

(and memories of reading in history books about Herbert Hoover's bank bailout plans during the great depression don't help either :( )
Sorry, I did not know or recall the thing about Hoover. :)

I agree the bailout is unjust. You give money to a reckless, irresponsible crook. :D
They say: Let the crook lose. Do not bail him out with my tax money. :smile:

If the crook falls, the innocent people he has deceived will fall, too. Only their fall will be so much worse. The crook will be back all right. ;)
He has friends in key posts.
The ordinary person does not have such friends. He will be out in the street.

There is justice (revenge), fairness and reason.
In the end, reason is fairness. Not to the crook, but to the people out there in the street. :newwink:

Fairness is not justice. It is only fairness.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
is Wells Fargo going down ?

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Anyone care to chime in? I dont feel like paying 700 billion for the parasites of our species.

I agree with you 100 percent. Main Street should not have to bail out these parasites on Wall Street. There's also a moral dilemma. If Main Street bails them out than it sets a precedent for leaches to do this sort of thing in the future. I wouldn't bail the banks out, I'd nationalize them. What happens if you don't pay your mortgage? - the government takes possession of your house right? I say the government either nationalizes them or else liquidates the ones that have gone belly up and puts that money toward education and healthcare. Middle America - many of whom are barely making ends meet - shoud not have to incur these costs. They should tax the richest top 5 percent. Either way, someone is getting fucked but middle and marginal America are far less equipped to pay for this than the wealthy class. Will, this happen? Probably not (the prolitariat always get fucked) but I have hope that through mass mobilization and protest from the working class they will prevent this legislation from going through.

the.blanket.on.top

Permabanned
Nancy Pelosi blamed for Wall Street bailout defeat

gf.jpg

Nancy Pelosi blamed for Wall Street bailout defeat

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
escape goat

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
About us taxpayers: It's not about good or bad. It's about bad, or really big depression worse.

If the financial system crashes, banks stop lending to each other, businesses have trouble procuring funds, our system starts to deflate, people stop spending, and the economy grinds to a halt, meaning unemployment skyrockets and in general, people's lives get a heck of a lot worse.

The problem created by the parasites at the top WILL not just trickle, but crash down onto the rest of us if the Paulson Plan/Invest in America plan/or "the bailout" as everyone likes to call it doesn't go through.

Not to mention that Dick Fuld, Stan O'Neal, and Jimmy Cayne of Lehman, Merrill, and Bear are already out of here.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
About us taxpayers: It's not about good or bad. It's about bad, or really big depression worse.

If the financial system crashes, banks stop lending to each other, businesses have trouble procuring funds, our system starts to deflate, people stop spending, and the economy grinds to a halt, meaning unemployment skyrockets and in general, people's lives get a heck of a lot worse.

The problem created by the parasites at the top WILL not just trickle, but crash down onto the rest of us if the Paulson Plan/Invest in America plan/or "the bailout" as everyone likes to call it doesn't go through.

Not to mention that Dick Fuld, Stan O'Neal, and Jimmy Cayne of Lehman, Merrill, and Bear are already out of here.

The financial system is going to crash. The only question is when and how big? If we allow the economy to crash now, while we still have some hope, we can make a new system, instead of trying to medicate one that's already dead and on life support. The $700 billion bailout is just prolonging the inevitable. We can't bail these people out over and over again. If we bail them out now, it's going to fail later and that may spell the collapse of the dollar system. Or, at least, that's what Ron Paul said, and he's pretty knowledgeable and logical, so I think I agree with him. (No, not an appeal to authority. I'm saying that his logic agrees with mine.)

tblood

Permabanned
The financial system is going to crash. The only question is when and how big? If we allow the economy to crash now, while we still have some hope, we can make a new system, instead of trying to medicate one that's already dead and on life support. The $700 billion bailout is just prolonging the inevitable. [...]

The thing is that it may prolong its life for too many years..

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The thing is that it may prolong its life for too many years..

It's kinda like putting a cripple on life support. It's there, but it can't do very much....