• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Does an NT picture any ideal world at all ?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
/Chuckles

(Maybe not too much reproductive success, unless we really start annexing Mars.)

Exactly! Things go too well for humanity and it starts to get a bit soylent green at the margins, if you know what I mean. >.>

And bad experiences are indeed a richness of their own, if you're willing to introspect.

Perhaps, as we efficiently allocate these resources, we should also make sure to allocate bad experiences evenly across the board as well. :newwink: "Sir, you're due for your quarterly crisis. This is for the purpose of your personal growth and to promote adaptive behavior of the species."

(I'm just joking. Mostly. I think Murphy's law and general causality does a fine job on its own.)

Some people do seem to get more than their fair share...

There was an awkward moment in the interview where the host asks the guy, "So let's say I'm a baby, right? I'm a newborn baby and my parents abuse me in all kinds of ways, then one day they just throw me against a wall and I die. Did I choose that?"

And the guy kind of pauses and is like, "Well...from a purely spiritual perspective, yeah...that baby did choose that."

The host went right along with it, but my own awkwardness over the dead baby business really did kind of color the rest of the interview.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a lot of NT friends, so I could ask them straight away, but none of them are into psychology as much as the NTs on here.
So my question, out of curiosity, is pretty straight forward : Do you as an NT type sometimes picture an ideal world ?
Or is that an entirely alien concept, belonging strictly to NF types ?

From what I've read, both Fi and Ni types are idealistic.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think some INTs create their own ideal world based on their ideas, reason, and logic. For some people their ideal world can be that state of mind when the external world is irrelevant. It will be interesting to hear more responses.

It goes pear shaped when it comes to people. Because people don't make sense!

thetk

MBTI Type
xNTP
...the dead baby business really did kind of color the rest of the interview.

That it would—dead babies usually do. Kudos to the host, though. I would imagine it is rather hard to recover from making your guest's primary argument sound slightly barbaric. lol

(Hm... I should probably get to sleep before I start derailing the thread with some real nonsense. Nice talking to you, though.)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have a lot of NT friends, so I could ask them straight away, but none of them are into psychology as much as the NTs on here.
So my question, out of curiosity, is pretty straight forward : Do you as an NT type sometimes picture an ideal world ?

Well to answer you question a bit more seriously I guess I (Can't speak for all NTs of course) would like to see a more rational world, based on facts rather than propaganda.
I was told today that I tend to 'correct people' alot IRL and that this can make me less likeable. I can't 'understand' (I can but it's so small minded) why people would actually enjoy being wrong.

Anyway, I see a lot of this going on everywhere. I read the news and all I see is their biases and the requirements of the job

I look at country-wide policies and all I see is dogma, democracy-endemic demagogy , sucking up to the voting bases, importing voters - tantamount to treason / corruption - being considered as a moral good for some unknown reason etc
. It's all so short sighted.

I look at religion and all I see are mass delusions based on - at the root - the avoidance of acknowledging mortality.

So I guess I would like to see country and civilization wide 'dreams' and goals that would ACTUALLY benefit people and culture. We could be pushing for asteroid mining, which would pretty much guarantee unprecedented global wealth for a long long time.

We could - instead of funding bullshit policies - be investing the same trillions of dollars we're spending on bs wars, importing unproductive people, making people dependent on the state etc. into say - life extension ending up with a cure for death. For Pete's sake what the fuck are people doing thinking so small that the future of humanity has to be relegated to a side hobbies of a fringe group of wealthy entrepreneur.

I would just like to see us dream big, be selective rather than inclusive for the sake of inclusiveness, encourage the best of us to thrive and lead the way to a brighter future. I would like children to be taught how to think rather than regurgitate things they don't understand, I would like teaching to be a job reserved for the extraordinarily skilled in their field rather than - too often - people who would at best be mediocre at doing what they teach. I would like degrees to actually mean something again rather than being x years getting a piece of paper (in most cases) that helps you get a job to then use 1% of what you've learned just 'because'. It's like the human equivalent of the hamster wheel designed by a mad retard. Boring.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I'm an ST and have an absurd amount of ideals....

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Im so glad Ive started this thread cause it turns out your ideals are not much different than mine. I just wonder now why it is that NFs are called idealists. Ive never liked that label as it is clearly not exclusive to NFs and I feel it even has a bad ring to it.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Im so glad Ive started this thread cause it turns out your ideals are not much different than mine. I just wonder now why it is that NFs are called idealists. Ive never liked that label as it is clearly not exclusive to NFs and I feel it even has a bad ring to it.

It was either idealists or Tree Hugers

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As a NT I do have a idealized view of the world but in a different way from NFs I imagine. Like I have all crazy ideas on how to make the world better like hmmm I could be walking on the side of a river and I wanna to do a cruse boat scheme and also build hot tubs via building a section and like beating it up. I also wanna build lots of theme parks and write lots of stoires. Hmmm basally I do want everyone to be happy and it makes my blood boil to watch the news as Im like man why is the wolrd so full of negativity.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Yeah that's prolly true when I come to think about it!

One INTJ colleague is always busy with perfecting certain business processes and automation, similar to things I do at work. Or seeing flaws in things that don't run well. I guess that's idealism too in a way. When we meet each other every week in a french fries restaurant we're both discussing how we would improve the restaurant processes lol.

I have an INFP sister who I have noticed lives inside an imaginary world of her own making... ideal... if you will.
I have read that this is normal practice for INFPs.

I am an INTJ and I think you hit the nail on the head with your word which I bolded and turned red.
I have spent the majority of my life imagining a PERFECT world.
Also trying to BE perfect, until I finally learned there is no such thing as PERFECT.
I have read that a LOT of INTJs struggle with PERFECTIONISM, so I would assume that is our version of IDEAL,
but not anywhere near as pleasant or warm or inviting.
I can appreciate my sister's ideal little world, but I can't live there myself because she dispenses with reality whenever it suits her and she handles the evil inside her head somehow so that she has control of it,
but when she tells me about radioactive contamination and chem trails, it just makes me want to go to bed and hide under the covers.
It paralyzes me. I can't live my life.