• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Females and Stereotypes

Litsnob

Yes. I have mellowed out now, but I used to be all those things.
I got tired of not fitting in, so I have taught myself to get along with others better.

In some ways I am the opposite. I have gotten tired of changing myself to fit in, always having internalised the idea that I am broken or that my way of being is not the acceptable way. I am perfectly skilled at getting along with others, just tired of not being myself. The only solution is to spend less time with others.

Litsnob

INTJs *hate* being irritated or annoyed. It's like being poked with a sharp stick.
I only know some "P" types that would enjoy that. You're sure you're not a P?

I am SO not a P. I do sometimes poke tigers with sticks though and consider it a scientific experiment. I think I was actually looking to see if an irritated INTJ acted in a familiar way, if the responses looked like something I would say.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. I have mellowed out now, but I used to be all those things.
I got tired of not fitting in, so I have taught myself to get along with others better.

In some ways I am the opposite. I have gotten tired of changing myself to fit in, always having internalised the idea that I am broken or that my way of being is not the acceptable way. I am perfectly skilled at getting along with others, just tired of not being myself. The only solution is to spend less time with others.

Nein, don't play victim now.
:tantrum:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am SO not a P. I do sometimes poke tigers with sticks though and consider it a scientific experiment. I think I was actually looking to see if an irritated INTJ acted in a familiar way, if the responses looked like something I would say.
Ah. I see. Maybe that has something to do with your Enneagram? I am not expert in all this... just an "enthusiast".

You remind me of something. I started learning about MBTI when I was about 30. It took me about 3 months of reading and studying to come to a conclusion as to which type I thought I was. I am so hard on myself and had such a hard time seeing any positive qualities in myself that it was only after I started comparing the "negative" traits, that I was finally able to identify myself. Haha! I forgot about that.

Do you own any of the Barron-Tieger books? I found them the most helpful.

Last edited:

SUSANCH

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a female INTJ. My T is near my F, so I do access both and it's miserable.

I can care so deeply, far too much, then flip and become quite objective in that "poke it with a stick and see what it does" way. I am highly passionate about the things I care about, mostly people, yet can write quite coolly about vile subjects. I loved my kids but unfortunately expected more of their ages than they could reasonably do. Still, they managed to muddle through my parenting and come out fairly reasonably. I see someone in a perceived underdog position or hear someone put someone else down, and I'm very apt to stomp over and heatedly interfere in that exchange. If someone needs help, if I see it and feel I can help, I will offer.

I'm stepping through a depression right now and trying to come out the other side of it. I have anxiety issues because I do care about people while not caring what they think about me unless I know them, then I worry and fret I've pissed them off unduly (stepping on toes is not an issue because that happens, but needlessly hurting someone stresses me).

I have cut people permanently from my life and grieved over the loss, but still do not talk to them this day unless they approach me and apologize or prove why I was wrong.

I can pull people's life stories out in the checkout line and do that routinely, but I'm tired after shopping trips and need a nap after I get everything put away. Parties and meetings have me talkative and chatty with people with the bubbling enthusiasm lasting until I get home, then I'm exhausted and want no noise, talking, questions, or discussion for the rest of the night and usually the next day. I tend to avoid these things because the overall emotions sweep me away to either join to oppose just as emotionally - which can have bad results at times. :)

I wear black and jeans a lot because I can't be bothered to color co-ordinate. My hair is short because it requires little time to fix. Dresses and skirts are horrid things that require painful shaving and fixing up that I see little point in. I understand society has fashions and trends, but I fail to see why those should impact my life. My nails are neatly trimmed and clipped, but I've never had a manicure/pedicure because what's the point.

That's my INTJ life as a female.