12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Ask an INTP anything!

I see this kind of threads quickly spreading around. So I thought "why not? Maybe I'd even get the chance to understand myself better"

Robos Husband 💜👑💋 Amethyst Archon's Avatar
    Enneagram
    712 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

This popped up in my sneak a peep thing so I thought Id be the first to ask a question. How do you differ in comparison to ENTPs?.
    7w6 1w9 2w3 Saugine Pisces Sun,Libra Moon, Libra Rising

My Dear Lady Lavender

You are my heart and my soul and my love. You make me feel complete and whole. In my soul garden you are the prettiest sweetest little daisy there and yet the boldest rose at the same time. I love you so much princess <3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    This popped up in my sneak a peep thing so I thought Id be the first to ask a question. How do you differ in comparison to ENTPs?.
    The notable differences are in how we use our extraverted functions.
    You are waaaaay more inventive. My Ne needs an input before getting to work. (This is for myself, but I'm prone to looping).
    Both the ENTP I know irl are a volcano of ideas. The first is capable of building a cricket by using the wires of a mini torchlight during philosophy lessons. He just saw the torchlight and then the cricket. He just did it. (He didn't have any idea about how to work with wires and such fyi)
    I'm not that good at creating from zero as I use Ti to guide me. So I use Ne more in a trouble shooting, practical way. "This thing doesn't work. I analyzed everything from all the possible perspectives. There are x possible motives, related to other 20. I could try this weird approach. This or that. This could lead to Q, W, or E. I don't feel like trying the trusted-and-reliable, maybe this will work either and be quicker or more pleasant"
    Of course I still have those Ne moments (such as when I tried to repair a mouse with a toothstick, you read that story), but are less prominent then how they appear in ENTPs.

Then, the big difference. The use of Fe. I can't remember a single moment in my life, even as a child, not living the Ti-Fe conflict. Inferior Fe is what should help me link with other girls but fails because hasn't been used enough. It is a destructive force that dismesses my plans because "think of other people. What will they think of you?". After being at war with her I think I have trained her to at least give basic empathy to others, but it's still hard. It's the desire that the INTP finds most difficult to accomplish.

On the other hand, you ENTP use it as easily as we use our Si. You, Brain, successfully established bond and sense of community in a forum. The ENTP I was speaking about before is really good with words and knows how to trick people. The other ENTP keeps up my group of friends (INTP, ESFJ, ESTJ). He doesn't take everyone's need, but contributes in generating harmony. My Fe wants harmony, but doesn't know how to get it. Your Fe works better at it.

(I'm starting to fall asleep, if I miss something I'll add it tomorrow morning)
    Likes Amethyst Archon, ZNP-TBA liked this post

Robos Husband 💜👑💋 Amethyst Archon's Avatar
    Enneagram
    712 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by apathylex View Post
    The notable differences are in how we use our extraverted functions.
    You are waaaaay more inventive. My Ne needs an input before getting to work. (This is for myself, but I'm prone to looping).
    Both the ENTP I know irl are a volcano of ideas. The first is capable of building a cricket by using the wires of a mini torchlight during philosophy lessons. He just saw the torchlight and then the cricket. He just did it. (He didn't have any idea about how to work with wires and such fyi)
    I'm not that good at creating from zero as I use Ti to guide me. So I use Ne more in a trouble shooting, practical way. "This thing doesn't work. I analyzed everything from all the possible perspectives. There are x possible motives, related to other 20. I could try this weird approach. This or that. This could lead to Q, W, or E. I don't feel like trying the trusted-and-reliable, maybe this will work either and be quicker or more pleasant"
    Of course I still have those Ne moments (such as when I tried to repair a mouse with a toothstick, you read that story), but are less prominent then how they appear in ENTPs.

Then, the big difference. The use of Fe. I can't remember a single moment in my life, even as a child, not living the Ti-Fe conflict. Inferior Fe is what should help me link with other girls but fails because hasn't been used enough. It is a destructive force that dismesses my plans because "think of other people. What will they think of you?". After being at war with her I think I have trained her to at least give basic empathy to others, but it's still hard. It's the desire that the INTP finds most difficult to accomplish.

On the other hand, you ENTP use it as easily as we use our Si. You, Brain, successfully established bond and sense of community in a forum. The ENTP I was speaking about before is really good with words and knows how to trick people. The other ENTP keeps up my group of friends (INTP, ESFJ, ESTJ). He doesn't take everyone's need, but contributes in generating harmony. My Fe wants harmony, but doesn't know how to get it. Your Fe works better at it.

(I'm starting to fall asleep, if I miss something I'll add it tomorrow morning)
    That makes sense as you are far more detailed and logical than me. I spew Ne then inwardly Ti it to make sure it makes sense while you look with Ti first then spew Ne.

How do you differ from ISTP and INFP as well?.
    7w6 1w9 2w3 Saugine Pisces Sun,Libra Moon, Libra Rising

My Dear Lady Lavender

You are my heart and my soul and my love. You make me feel complete and whole. In my soul garden you are the prettiest sweetest little daisy there and yet the boldest rose at the same time. I love you so much princess <3.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

INTPs use Ne to help perfect their Ti. Mapping out a logical understanding of things is the main goal of INTPs and they happily explore with Ne to achieve that end. Tert Si makes INTPs way more meticulous and detailed than ENTPs and since Si is like a bank or repository of information INTPs can often loop back and compare internal references to perfect their ideas. That comes at the cost of inferior Fe which makes it hard for INTPs to connect with other minds to express their ideas and get others motivated about them. Basically, INTPs usually have great ideas but sometimes lack in promoting them which is why INTP write-ups look very long winded and can be hard to relate to or connect to.

ENTPs use Ti as a companion tool to enhance their Ne. Exploring more and more ideas is the main goal of ENTPs but ENTPs like to have a logical understanding of those ideas (even if it's not perfect). Tert Fe lets ENTPs express those ideas in a way that gets others excited and interested. Tert Fe is the reference tool of choice for ENTPs (rather than Si) so ENTPs usually seek external validation more than internal. If I have an idea I'm more interested in what others think about it rather than how it squares with my experiential knowledge (Si). This comes at the cost of inferior Si which is why ENTPs might be great at creating and promoting ideas but are notorious for lacking detail and follow through.
    Likes Amethyst Archon liked this post

MBTI
    None
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

How would you reconcile general relativity with quantum mechanics?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by erg View Post
    How would you reconcile general relativity with quantum mechanics?
    Young feeler types imagine what things will be like once they get married and have kids when young INTPs ponder the above more.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    731 sp

Thank you INTPs for not stressing me out like other ppl.
    Now the question, how do you stop other ppl from stressing you out?
    Promise me. From here on, never again waste new tears for the past.
    ~Along With the Gods

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

Are INTP are book worms?
    If yes, what are books they are mostly interested in reading?
    During school, if there is any, what are your favorite lessons?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I, Tonya View Post
    Thank you INTPs for not stressing me out like other ppl.
    Now the question, how do you stop other ppl from stressing you out?
    avoid them/ignore them