User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    5w4

@small.wonder Thanks so much for answering.

I'm not sure why you've recieved such weak responses so far
    , I took it as a sign that no one who had read the thread had anything of substance to say but they wanted to say "something." LOL. Or perhaps that the right people just hadn't read it yet. So, I am glad you chimed in.

1) he has said many times that being completely open and honest is his main desire/goal with me, that he has been prone to keeping his inner world at arms length from women in the past.
    I've actually had this said to me, so it sounds familiar.

My role in this, of course is to be equally open/honest (very natural for me, anyway) and to respond with understanding or grace when he is honest about hard things.
    I want people to be honest with me, about hard things and about not so hard things, too. I just want to know the truth is so I can know how to proceed on anything.
    2) One of our larger conflict causes is Debate Mentality. He tends to slip into a need to argue, when I'm just trying to have a conversation, and often about minute details that don't really matter to me. We have had to learn the art of agreeing to disagree (which is hilarious because we actually agree on about 98% of everything in life-- that 2% is what I mean about debating about things that don't matter).
    Thanks. I imagine that is what the auxiliary Ti looks like. I'm glad you pointed that out.

3) We are both rehash junkies. This can be amazing when it comes to savoring memories together or telling stories, but is kind of bad in conflict because we tend to review past arguments too... We actually have agreed to not do that anymore.
    I haven't had any arguments with my friend yet, well, just one, but we resolved it.

4) Ideas and stories are fuel for both of us, and we are both naturally full of them. In that way, being ourselves is very successful in keeping each other intrigued and invested. Artifice or manufactured attempts at "entertaining" an ENTP would never work in my opinion, anyway. Another small note on this: we both love surprising each other, but he really doesn't like if a surprise it given away too early-- he really wants to savor the experience.
    Awesome nuggets, thank you so much. I will remember this.
    5) As you noted, we are both pretty independent (which is good), but underneath, we are also both pretty hopeless romantics. It's a very interesting combo, but also very balanced in some ways. I think this could differ with the Enneagram types involved (core and instincts), let me know if you might want some insight on what his might be!
    I think he is a E 7 but I'm not definite. I am obviously an E 9 and sometimes I veer toward an 8. Okay, a lot of times I veer to an 8. haha.

@entropie Yes. I can hear him coming off with something exactly like that.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes small.wonder liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

Just be blatant and honest. Do something uexpected. Be yourself . Dont hold back.

Be clingy ironically. Otherwise thats the only type of clingy we will allow. Any other forms and you will be dropped like a hot tamale.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    Just be blatant and honest. Do something uexpected. Be yourself . Dont hold back.

Be clingy ironically. Otherwise thats the only type of clingy we will allow. Any other forms and you will be dropped like a hot tamale.
    Why would anyone drop a tamale? Oh my gosh, what a waste of food! Just kidding. I know what you mean, but still, I had the mental image of a tamale on the floor.

Thanks, Ducky. This is real and honest feedback. I have learned that he likes a challenge but where is the line? When does someone's friendly challenge become a blow to the ego? Does that question make sense?
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Why would anyone drop a tamale? Oh my gosh, what a waste of food! Just kidding. I know what you mean, but still, I had the mental image of a tamale on the floor.

Thanks, Ducky. This is real and honest feedback. I have learned that he likes a challenge but where is the line? When does someone's friendly challenge become a blow to the ego? Does that question make sense?
    It does.

But to the entp there is no lines. All lines means to us are obstructs in which we need to figure out to go around or break. Just because. For shits and giggles. FOR SCIENCE!! And to provw that there is more then one way to do something.

So dont worry about the line. Unless you want to rape him. Dont do that. Unless you have a safe word and permission.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

Johari
    Nohari
    Likes Ene liked this post

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    5w4

LOL! Nah, I won't rape him, unless it's for science. I may throw him around a little though.

Permabanned

I'm not sure why you've recieved such weak responses so far
    Maybe mirror neurons.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Maybe mirror neurons.

I dont see a problem woyh changing ones behavior in order to gain the attention to someone to whom you look up to. As long as you are still comfertable with the change and to whom you are growing into.

Some changes happen because of the influence of others. Its part of growing.
    Later you find out changing yourself for the likeness of others isnt worth it. But its a learning process we all go through. Remeber you are no better then everyone else. Everyone goes through this life lesson.

Heads up. Constructive criticism is the way to go. Not passive aggressive bulshit.
    -Kahlil Gibran

Johari
    Nohari

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    I dont see a problem woyh changing ones behavior in order to gain the attention to someone to whom you look up to. As long as you are still comfertable with the change and to whom you are growing into.

Some changes happen because of the influence of others. Its part of growing.
    Later you find out changing yourself for the likeness of others isnt worth it. But its a learning process we all go through. Remeber you are no better then everyone else. Everyone goes through this life lesson.

Heads up. Constructive criticism is the way to go. Not passive aggressive bulshit.
    Since none of this has anything remotely relevant to my post, let's dive into the nitty-gritty details behind the real reason why you quoted me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

LOL! Nah, I won't rape him, unless it's for science. I may throw him around a little though.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes Ene liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I have the day off tomorrow so I can visit Type C. Yay!

Okay, I'm getting to know an ENTP.

I really like this person.

I want a life-long friendship.

Tell me what you look for in a friend. What do you value?

Tell me how not to break my ENTP.

And thank you for taking the time to respond to me.
    RUN AWAY FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!
    “You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.”
    - Naguib Mahfouz

6w7 > 1w2 > 2w3

Likes EcK liked this post