• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Am i using Ne or Ni (Possibly other functions) in the examples below?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was typed as a INTP on the type me threads but i have doubts that i am a Ne user as sometimes i seem to relate more to Ni/Se than Ne/Si. Below are some examples of my thought processes.

When i looked at some bricks my mind dreamed up those images of what i could do with the bricks. I imagined in my mind a castle i could build using bricks but the vision was singular and seemed to come from "inside" my mind so to speak. This could be ether Si/Ne (Using Si to remember a castle then using Ne to modify the memory or Se data of the bricks conjuring up a Ni vision of the castle). I lean more towards the former.

Another example was when i was young (about 9-10) and i was looking at a overcast sky then it struck me that to modify the weather we could suck the clouds out of the sky somehow as i knew they were made of water vapour. I think more Ni for this as i it struck as more of a ah ha moment than came up during a brainstorm. Another thing is when i was at the gym to get fit on the cycling machine i thought to make the cycle more interesting they should incorporate a VR device that has Google Earth on it or a VR Tour De France.

Any other suggestions to see if i use Ne or Ni?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm really enjoying your username.

How familiar are you with socionics and Victor Gulenko's model G system? LII is the loosely approximate equivalent of INTP. Please look at the following chart and tell me if you can identify with the description of Ni as it appears in the TiNe type?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This will sound like a rather ginormous question, but how would you describe reality? I wish more people would answer that question because it could be helpful in determining some functions. :)

I think that Ni organizes its sense of abstract patterns with a central core like the trunk of a tree and

Ne organizes its sense of abstract patterns like the web of a spider with many interconnections

This makes the internal structures of Ni more stable and constant, and it takes longer to dismantle the sense of reality built up by it, so Ne has more flexibility in its ability to see connections between things. Ni will have a stronger sense of preconceived hierarchical structures of how details relate, whereas Ne will be more willing to play with connections between any two concepts. This also makes Ni feel more like hyperfocus, and Ne with a wide-spread focus, almost a feeling of distraction.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I do relate to the Ni description in the TiNe type. ISTP is a type i have considered as well as i seem to have some use of Se that most NP types seem to lack hut i think my Se is quite poor myself so i could ether be ISTP in Ti-Ni loop or a INxJ type if am a Ni user as I can say as i am very introverted so there is no way i can be a E type as the thought of talking to people makes me feel sleepy at times lol.

My sense of reality is that i have two separate worlds (The concrete world and the abstract world). I seem to fit the Ne example more as i will describe For instance i made a link between China and my friend back in schools situation to help inspire him. He did really well in the early years then struggled and went downhill like China did in its history. I reasoned like China he could rise and be strong again. This seems more Ne than Ni as i was building up on my "spider web" seeking patterns across the universe. In concrete terms this China metaphor fits someone who started off strong, declined and is making a comeback. I will then apply the same China metaphor to say a singer who is making a comeback which seems to be Ne/Si pattern seeking. I am building up a web of connections between things in other words. . This also seems to fit socionics Ni as shown in the link above as i am linking two seemly unrelated ideas together.

I posted these ideas for another person to say if they were Se or Ne ideas and he thought they screamed Ne. The ideas are in speech marks below.

My ideas are more "could we power a lamp with energy from food or could we reduce disease spread using door handles that secrete alcohol gel or we could use VR sets to help make treadmills more interesting" but I do get some Ne ideas (at least the way you describe it) such as "If we could get rid of boredom somehow via chemicals then the boring work would get done far faster" and "What if we could change the weather using a device to suck the clouds out of the sky". (By the way is it normal to go full on Ne with other Ne users but not feel comfortable using it with non-Ne users). For example I think I use Ne with NP types and ESxJs in real life

BTW thanks Anaximander for the compliment on my user name as that is what i feel like sometimes lol.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is probably Ne, though I am not sure. I will do one of my classic freetyping sessions and let you decide if it is similar:

Everything is predestined since everything is MOST LIKELY subject to only physical laws, and everythinge is linked by cause and effect. I am hesitant to say the Big Bang was the beginning of space and time, but since the Big Bang is just a label we put on what appears to be the point at which everything in our OBSERVABLE universe was at a single point and although it ignores that for the past 13,820,000,000 (13.82 Billion) years, at least, space has been expanding and we are likely just observing what was just POSSIBLY only a NANOSCOPIC speck of a much older, larger universe, I am going to call it the beginning for the sake of simplicity. Interestingly enough, though the models I have seen created by astrophysicists predict the creation of both matter and antimatter, for some reason, slightly more matter was created and our cause and effect chain was started. Everything we think and do is based on the firing of neurons, and since these neurons were created as a result of earlier events which ultimately have their roots in the initial start conditions of our observable universe. Nobody chooses to rob a bank any more than a meteor chooses to hit a planet or a rock chooses to roll down hill. The innate sense of morality most of us share is the result of natural selection because those morals benefitted group survival the most. Many species have become programed to accept group morality because those species that looked after their kind and worked with other living beings in their environment survived better than those that only entered aggressive competition with those of their own species and other species. The success of ant colonies (fascinating creatures!) for millions of years is evidence that when creatures form societies with group morals and norms, they tend to, but not always survive longer. Mutants that challenge these ideas about morality are often shunned by the greater population because most of these mutations are harmful to the societal organism and do not ensure group survival. Though I am not a trained astrophysicist nor a trained biologist and do not claim to be, this is both my understanding and analysis of the material put out by astrophysicists and biologists. We have an illusion of free will because having this illusion was a survival advantage and those who were fatalistic died off, allowing the idea of free will to dominate. That said, examination of the evidence I have leads me to the conclusion that free will is an illusion.

DO YOU EVER ANALYZE THINGS LIKE THAT?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I understand the way you type with the drawing of connections between things. I will now engage my own free type and see if it seems similar. Feel free to say if you think my ramble is a Ne or Ni based one as this will help me decide between INTP and ISTP/INFJ as i am surely not a sensing dom ruling out ISFJ and i am pretty sure i use some combo of Ti and Fe as i use my own logical frame work (Ti) and look outwards for a moral framework (Fe).

When people debate the existence of God they are only thinking of the one concept of a benevolent grey bearded old man but they do not see all the other options. God could be a bored teenage boy playing Sims which would explain his lack of care for those in pain and suffering plus at times people will do crazy stuff like burn down houses and go on school shootings which would probably amuse a teenage boy. God may also just be some massive cosmic thing that is using Earth as a petri dish and humans are just a pool of slime to said cosmic enity and you wouldnt exactly care about a bunch of ecoli killing each other off and suffering. Said cosmic entity could destroy the Earth with one move like you could with just one toutch kill every single ecoli in that petri dish but out of curoisty you dont.

To support the theory we are in a stimulation we have found the existence of atoms which are like pixels in many ways. Like pixels atoms all code for a certaint thing. Pixels code for colour while atoms code for materials and like pixels certain combinations of different types form different things. To God under this theory you are just a collection of mostly carbon atoms like this text is just a bunch of black pixels which you would have no second thought about getting rid off. Out of the two possbillites i think i prefer the petri dish theory as least you have some free will in this one and not enterily under the control of a power entity just created by one. Mass extinctions through the years could fit ether theory but i lean more towards the petri dish theory as the metator that killed all the dinosaurs would be the cosmic entity looking through the microscope and getting bored of those stupid dinosaurs so he decide he wanted to try and engineer a species with more potention for intelligence. Speaking of the largest dinosaurs i wonder if they would find ants visble or microscopic and likewise i wonder if ants can see bacteria. This shows there is a heiachy going on in the universe and humanity is not on top. Speaking of heriachys it is inetiable all things will form heriachies. The solar system has a dictatorship with the big sun the middle controlling every thing and the planets following the power of the sun orbiting around then the next class down are the moons under the power of the planets and then finally the asteroids who are under control of everything else in the solar system. The solar system is just one tiny town in a dictatorial nation with many other towns all with majors (stars) and possibly the one big dictator in the middle (a black hole).

This means as far as we know equality does not exist as the patterns seen across all things from ants to the universe at large all has diffrent classes. Gravity is like wealth and power as the more of it you have the more you can throw your weight so speak. I have always wondered what would happen if you went through a black hole. Would it be a alternative universe, the same universe but with diffrent properties or a diffrent time. I am thinking that there is probably alien life out there but thinking about the scale of the Milky Way galaxy Earth would be tiny (like a single ant on a tree). We humans to the stars is about the same size as from us to atoms so it is unlikely we will encounter alien life anytime soon and plus with the way light years work a alien speices across the Milky way would see the Earth as it was thousand or millions of years ago. When watching Star Wars i was wondering if the communication problems the galaxtic goverment seemed to have was because they are all on diffrent wavelengths with light having to travel millions of light years.

I could go on all day but ill finish my ramble here.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I understand the way you type with the drawing of connections between things. I will now engage my own free type and see if it seems similar. Feel free to say if you think my ramble is a Ne or Ni based one as this will help me decide between INTP and ISTP/INFJ as i am surely not a sensing dom ruling out ISFJ and i am pretty sure i use some combo of Ti and Fe as i use my own logical frame work (Ti) and look outwards for a moral framework (Fe).

When people debate the existence of God they are only thinking of the one concept of a benevolent grey bearded old man but they do not see all the other options. God could be a bored teenage boy playing Sims which would explain his lack of care for those in pain and suffering plus at times people will do crazy stuff like burn down houses and go on school shootings which would probably amuse a teenage boy. God may also just be some massive cosmic thing that is using Earth as a petri dish and humans are just a pool of slime to said cosmic enity and you wouldnt exactly care about a bunch of ecoli killing each other off and suffering. Said cosmic entity could destroy the Earth with one move like you could with just one toutch kill every single ecoli in that petri dish but out of curoisty you dont.

To support the theory we are in a stimulation we have found the existence of atoms which are like pixels in many ways. Like pixels atoms all code for a certaint thing. Pixels code for colour while atoms code for materials and like pixels certain combinations of different types form different things. To God under this theory you are just a collection of mostly carbon atoms like this text is just a bunch of black pixels which you would have no second thought about getting rid off. Out of the two possbillites i think i prefer the petri dish theory as least you have some free will in this one and not enterily under the control of a power entity just created by one. Mass extinctions through the years could fit ether theory but i lean more towards the petri dish theory as the metator that killed all the dinosaurs would be the cosmic entity looking through the microscope and getting bored of those stupid dinosaurs so he decide he wanted to try and engineer a species with more potention for intelligence. Speaking of the largest dinosaurs i wonder if they would find ants visble or microscopic and likewise i wonder if ants can see bacteria. This shows there is a heiachy going on in the universe and humanity is not on top. Speaking of heriachys it is inetiable all things will form heriachies. The solar system has a dictatorship with the big sun the middle controlling every thing and the planets following the power of the sun orbiting around then the next class down are the moons under the power of the planets and then finally the asteroids who are under control of everything else in the solar system. The solar system is just one tiny town in a dictatorial nation with many other towns all with majors (stars) and possibly the one big dictator in the middle (a black hole).

This means as far as we know equality does not exist as the patterns seen across all things from ants to the universe at large all has diffrent classes. Grtavity is like wealth and power as the more of it you have the more you can throw your weight so speak. I have always wondered what would happen if you went through a black hole. Would it be a alternative universe, the same universe but with diffrent properties or a diffrent time. I am thinking that there is probably alien life out there but thinking about the scale of the Milky Way galaxy Earth would be tiny (like a single ant on a tree). We humans to the stars is about the same size as from us to atoms so it is unlikely we will encounter alien life anytime soon and plus with the way light years work a alien speices across the Milky way would see the Earth as it was thousand or millions of years ago. When watching Star Wars i was wondering if the communication problems the galaxtic goverment seemed to have was because they are all on diffrent wavelengths with light having to travel millions of light years.

I could go on all day but ill finish my ramble here.
That is very Ne.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That rules out a SP or NJ type if i am very Ne. What would a Ni freetype look more like just out of curoisity. When i was writing this above i just started off with one idea and from there i was making all these ramdom connections and ideas. Is this similar to how you wrote your text. . Do you think the Ne is dom or aux.