• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Need help determining type of ex-girlfriend

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi everybody. I used to date this girl who seemed to be an ESFJ, but I need some more opinions, because I'm not sure if this behavior is ESFJ behavior, or due to some disorder.

* She had a very positive attitude. That's not indicative of a disorder, but the extent she took it to makes me believe something might not have been completely right. Whenever people were in a bad mood, she would get on their case for being "grumpy", shaming them for their attitude, instead of understanding why they felt that way. If a person was anxious, she also would not understand why they felt that way. She's very religious, so instead of trying to help the person understand why they are feeling that way, she'd attribute the anxiety, grumpiness or other irritable mood to "the devil".

* She was not particularly easy to have a discussion with. She held very strong opinions and if the other person seemed to disagree even slightly, she would start yelling at them and saying stuff like: "THAT'S IMMORAL!" or "THAT'S A SIGN OF CORRUPTION!". Again, I attribute this to her religious views. If someone she was close with disagreed even slightly, she'd force them to agree entirely, as she believed it was the "moral" thing to do.

* She wasn't particularly prone to critical thought. For example, whenever I watch movies/tv shows or play certain video games, I have a million ways in my head that I feel they could have been better, critiquing them heavily. She however, would accept things for how they are to extreme degrees. If she was a fan of a TV show, even if an episode of it genuinely wasn't good, she'd say something like: "I like everything for how it is! :D"

* She accepted extremely minute details without questioning them, whereas I frequently would ask: "WHY is this in place? HOW does this make sense? HOW will our lives be negatively affected by not following this minute detail?"

* Whenever she was upset, I would try to comfort her by giving her advice on how to fix the problem. I gave her advice, as I believed that by giving her ways to solve the problem as soon as possible, she would feel much better. Instead, she wanted me to simply comfort her.

* She told me that when she was younger, she would obey her parents completely, no matter what. For example, if something happened that wasn't her fault and she was grounded for x-amount of time, while she didn't agree with what was done, she'd obey her parents' orders no matter how absurd they were. I told her that when I was a teen, if my parents gave me an order that I felt made no sense, I'd defy it for sure. I told her that I believed that you shouldn't follow orders just because they were given out, and instead only follow them if they make sense.

Those are some particularly notable behaviors I thought were worth pointing out. Try figuring out her type with that information. If you can't, I'll add some more details.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I chalk a lot of this up to (probably) being young, the religion, they are very vocal about what's right or acceptable and what's wrong. They have a real hard time dealing with others' shortcomings. They have J but it's heavily influenced by Fe. Nice cop out on "the devil" explanation for her moods. They want approval, they want appreciation, they don't want solutions to problems (I know, crazy) they just want to be heard and I don't think they do well with any impersonal or "cold" approaches. Tradition typical of sensors and are hard working and responsible people. Hard to tell on the disorder but, unless you consider religious influence a disorder, probably not.

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
I chalk a lot of this up to (probably) being young, the religion, they are very vocal about what's right or acceptable and what's wrong. They have a real hard time dealing with others' shortcomings. They have J but it's heavily influenced by Fe. Nice cop out on "the devil" explanation for her moods. They want approval, they want appreciation, they don't want solutions to problems (I know, crazy) they just want to be heard and I don't think they do well with any impersonal or "cold" approaches. Tradition typical of sensors and are hard working and responsible people. Hard to tell on the disorder but, unless you consider religious influence a disorder, probably not.

I didn't say her moods were due to the "devil". I said that she attributed other peoples' anxiety to it.

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
Gotcha. Same kind of thing though. It's an easy out.

Do you mean an easy out on my part, or hers? Because I didn't think of the "devil" as being a reason for her moods. It's something she outright said frequently, when describing why people felt uncertainty or anxiety.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do you mean an easy out on my part, or hers? Because I didn't think of the "devil" as being a reason for her moods. It's something she outright said frequently, when describing why people felt uncertainty or anxiety.

Hers. I wasn't referring to anything about you in my entire post. I'm not really sure why you're so hung up on this but in my experience, people who blame things on "the devil" tend to do that because actually finding out why another person would be anxious or uncertain or in a bad mood or whatever - is something they don't actually want to deal with. Blaming some imaginary entity for a persons' issues is a cop out. It's like blaming someones' brain tumor on the Easter Bunny.

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hers. I wasn't referring to anything about you in my entire post. I'm not really sure why you're so hung up on this but in my experience, people who blame things on "the devil" tend to do that because actually finding out why another person would be anxious or uncertain or in a bad mood or whatever - is something they don't actually want to deal with. Blaming some imaginary entity for a persons' issues is a cop out. It's like blaming someones' brain tumor on the Easter Bunny.

Oh, I understand now. It's just that the ambiguous wording of your post made it difficult for me to figure out who you were saying was using "cop outs". Perhaps that is true. What I did notice is that whenever I tried to have a conversation about a serious issue with her, she had great difficulty in forming a logical counter-argument against my arguments. She would always resort to phrases like: "I oppose this because it's immoral" or "I like him because he's funny, lol".

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
Hi everybody. I used to date this girl who seemed to be an ESFJ, but I need some more opinions, because I'm not sure if this behavior is ESFJ behavior, or due to some disorder. ... Try figuring out her type with that information.

I've been following your other thread and now this and I see great resemblance to myself and my life. I also have an ESFJ ex. She had EXXJ traits here and there, maybe more of an EXFJ. She certainly wasn't the stereotype ESFJ, I'll tell you that. She was critical of series (ex.) and more prone to deeper thought. Not sure how much of it she got during our relationship, I don't remember the early days so well anymore...

Nevertheless, what you describe seems very Fe to me and not much N in any way, very very S, so an SFJ for sure. What I feel is ambiguous about is her judgement. Is she quick to make judgements? Fe usually is. It seems so now that I read it again. Did she have these particular ways of doing things, that couldn't be questioned? Was she low on Ti? Extroverted/Introverted, seems E?

We are all individuals in the end and while I can't see that much resemblance to my ex in your post, I can tell you they both probably have the same type in the core, both with their personal attributes that are not necessarily disorders but different manifestations and life experiences at play. Go figure! There is a deeper level of connection, though. I also think that the religion thing is highly to blame and something to hide behind for her. All in all this didn't seem like the best relationship, excuse my bluntness. And if you don't mind me asking, why are you determined to find out her type? (Edit:) I think you're right in your initial typing.

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've been following your other thread and now this and I see great resemblance to myself and my life. I also have an ESFJ ex. She had EXXJ traits here and there, maybe more of an EXFJ. She certainly wasn't the stereotype ESFJ, I'll tell you that. She was critical of series (ex.) and more prone to deeper thought. Not sure how much of it she got during our relationship, I don't remember the early days so well anymore...

Nevertheless, what you describe seems very Fe to me and not much N in any way, very very S, so an SFJ for sure. What I feel is ambiguous about is her judgement. Is she quick to make judgements? Fe usually is. It seems so now that I read it again. Did she have these particular ways of doing things, that couldn't be questioned? Was she low on Ti? Extroverted/Introverted, seems E?

We are all individuals in the end and while I can't see that much resemblance to my ex in your post, I can tell you they both probably have the same type in the core, both with their personal attributes that are not necessarily disorders but different manifestations and life experiences at play. Go figure! There is a deeper level of connection, though. I also think that the religion thing is highly to blame and something to hide behind for her. All in all this didn't seem like the best relationship, excuse my bluntness. And if you don't mind me asking, why are you determined to find out her type? (Edit:) I think you're right in your initial typing.

I'm not offended, lol. Frankly, it was a terrible relationship from the start to the finish. I suppose I was hell-bent on determining her type, to confirm suspicions a few friends of mine had. Additionally, I wanted to see if this wasn't another case of: "Crazy, rule-breaking, idea hatching NP doesn't get along with rule-obsessed, rigid SFJ".

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
I'm not offended, lol. Frankly, it was a terrible relationship from the start to the finish. I suppose I was hell-bent on determining her type, to confirm suspicions a few friends of mine had. Additionally, I wanted to see if this wasn't another case of: "Crazy, rule-breaking, idea hatching NP doesn't get along with rule-obsessed, rigid SFJ".
Hmm... Was there chemistry still? I mean me and my ex didn't get along in several ways but when we were together doing something non-routine/non-daily stuff it was (and still is, we're good friends) hella fun most of the time. I'm not sure where this comes from. Maybe some people just have chemistry but no long term compatibility.