• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Questions about N vs. S behavior

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi people. I'm an ENxP who's frequently infuriated by the way other people I know behave. I'm assuming most of these people are an S-type of some sort, probably SJs. Only recently have I discovered through some S friends of mine that my actions are not what's considered "normal". May I list some of my more N-traits and you guys can explain how an S type would view them?

* I love making analogies. I find it boring to simply communicate without adding any sort of personal touch to the message. Even more boring to me is when people don't try to explain the topic while relating it to favorite subjects of theirs. I'm a firm believer in adding levity to conversations as frequently as possible.

* Whenever I see a movie or TV show, or play a video game, I always re-write at least a small part of it. I have my own personal view of how pieces of entertainment should look, and I replay my altered version in my head, if I don't at least write it down on paper. My friends and family think I'm crazy and frequently tell me to "leave things are they are".

* I'm constantly teaming with ways to improve systems that have not reached their full potential. While most people live by the phrase: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", I live by the phrase: "If it ain't perfect, improve it." People around me constantly tell me to just do things the "normal" way, while I see the "normal" way as being too primitive.

* I never, EVER think solely in the present. No matter how much I am enjoying what I'm currently doing, my mind always wanders to the wide array of possibilities in the future. I find it impossible to stay grounded in the moment, which many people claim is healthy.

Anyway, can someone explain to me if these behaviors are considered weird to S-types and why they are?

á´…eparted

passages
Seems like the problem lies with you. You also sound quite young. A lot of what you have written is a lot of typology stereotypes, and it more sounds like you simply have to gain the maturity to understand other peoples points of view, and that their methods bring value. Relax. People aren't out to get you. You aren't misunderstood. If you really feel what you're doing is of benefit or right, then prove them wrong by following things through to the end and showing the result.

Ultimately, what you'r frustrated with here has little to do with type, and more to do with communication problems.

entp@ladynfreak

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
theres a enfj telling you to be more mature that's well classic I don't think baby youre maturity comes in to play over here see the SENSORS and the intuitive usually do clash well not actually but the might think you are obnoxious disingenuous in what you say ,think and do; the worst is from the SJ types these people have the audacity to do declare some stupid or incompetent if they don't see things or do things in the sector of what they believe is right; well they do things rightly in accordance to themselves and "in their mind :D hahah also in regard to other peoples well being " so they think of themselves as caregivers and nice;
we enxps belive in bringing change always have good hearted opinions the s types get set they like change but only if its very subtle which they brought or for better in acc too them but in their opinion that's what everyone wants
secondly they dislike metamorphical change like we ENXP will bring bcoz it creates chaos and they would rather die than see the day of us creating chaos in their world so
my advice here my fellow enfp or entp from this entp female who works all day with these sj's and sp's is sp's are still tolerable is don't give a single fuck about these peoples condescending opinion until its very productive or you need their help or they need your help these guys are loyal and you cant live without them
but if you want them to listen to you and solve these problems like you listed communicate to them why its sensible or why you are doing it bcoz enfp and entp always have one eye logged in the future tell them exactly how you are gonna do it breakdown your plan or your opinion from where it stems
and also time to time shock do stuff without telling them make people appreciate you; they'll also start understanding you now more bcoz now they'll belive your opinion matters and its not just a bubble

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think those behaviors are weird and I'm a S (I think). S/N is just what you focus on rather than behaviors. Much of what you say is more a sign of imagination rather than intuition itself.