• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] It's so hard to me as a NT to live in the majority S world

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm another Sensor (ISFP in fact) who's felt out of place just about everywhere I go, and that's part of why I typed as an iNtuitive. How does that even happen, I wonder now? It seems a natural consequence that someone who thinks totally differently, who processes information and looks at the world in a totally alien fashion and is naturally strongly attuned to the deeper aspects of life, would end up being ostracized out of envy or perceived danger.

But how does someone who's just like everyone else fall into the delusion that they're a misfit?

Well, you are, by default. Several people here have already pointed that out.

Then again, I mistyped as an N for a couple of years for fear of confronting the truth.

Exactly...i initially typed as N. Its actually a mental process that helped me realize we go about things backwards. Nothing at all to do with the world itself. I actually get along very easy with both S and N types. As well as struggle with both S and N types.

I think the biggest issue between S and N is correlation...not reality.

Mechnick

The Crow
Hmm. What are your thoughts on Feelers?
Feelers are sweet, as long as they avoid a victim mentality, and as long as they are not immature emotional vampires. Mature feelers are one of the sweetest human beings around.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't understand damn Sensors. Why are they a majority? Even if I am a rationalist, it so hard to understand and be understood by Sensors.

Any similar experience? Do you as a Rationalist find yourself trapped in the invisible web of Sensors? Fuck Locke, I wanna Descartes!

Why rationalists are a minority?

And then, they (the majority of the populations) ask thyself why he is so tough-skinned, aloof and independent? Why is he must go against the stream?

This is just my guess, as I am definitely not a strong sensor comparing to my, in comparison only, overpowering intuitive function. Sensors are more into the world and attached to the physical world. As a world that is physical, it means it is advantageous for sensors because the input is direct. So there isn't really a problem for them to just live in the present, inside a visible place, and enjoy life. Since they probably not as interested in mbti, we don't see them here.

However it is not true in this world. The language and the way of expression is already sensor biased, unless you are talking about spirituality or religion. It doesn't matter so much. Sensor catering articles are just everywhere. Like my sensor dominated parents, it is entirely impossible to communixate with them without using and understanding their language. They won't get it. Full stop.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Exactly...i initially typed as N. Its actually a mental process that helped me realize we go about things backwards. Nothing at all to do with the world itself.

Could you elaborate?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sensors are not like 80% of the population...I would say its fairly balanced.

Anyone can feel left out, like they don't fit in, alienated etc for various reasons. I don't think its so much a question of being an NT as it is being young and not knowing where you fit in yet like [MENTION=4109]entropie[/MENTION] said.

You probably just need to find more people who share your values in life. :) Stop looking at types, and look at people. I'm sure there is a place where you fit in when it comes to society. And I'm not talking about online groups...I mean in real life.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Feelers are sweet, as long as they avoid a victim mentality, and as long as they are not immature emotional vampires. Mature feelers are one of the sweetest human beings around.

Your OP is a great example of a victim mentality.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Could you elaborate?

When problem solving they tend to want details when i want conceptual. When they tend to move towards conceptual i tend to move towards detail. This is working together solving or analyzing same problem. Almost like we start different, meet in the middle, then head off different directions to meet again in the middle. The S vs N just dictates where we both go first, not whether we just "S" or just "N". I hate words sensor and intuitive due to the connotations given to the words itself outside of MBTI being corrolated with actual S vs N within MBTI.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are we majority S in this world? I thought that was based mostly on Myers' and Briggs' own assumption/conclusion.

If it is a majority, I'd guess roughly 60-70% at the most.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are we majority S in this world? I thought that was based mostly on Myers' and Briggs' own assumption/conclusion.

If it is a majority, I'd guess roughly 60-70% at the most.

Yeah, I don't put much stock at all really in any stats -- notably because said stats are from people taking tests, and we already know (this thread is case in point) that many S's have tested as N before realizing preference is S.

I'd agree it's not nearly as high as 80% S.

Too, some N's (and S's) assume N = intelligent, and things like that used to be much more prevalent on the internet but it's not as much the case anymore, thank goodness. There will be a lot of stupid N's out there as well (who are probably typed by smart N's as S - because said less intelligent N's are making the wrong connections or aren't relatable to the more intelligent N) -- which leads to the other common thing which is if one is intelligent or 'able to make connections' or has a high IQ or is a misunderstood misfit, , those characteristics alone mean they are N. Not true.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can learn how to adapt, but you will always be a minority. All sensor who I know have a jobs, they listen and obey, they like hierarchy.

fyi you are referring to a small subset of Sensors.

Also what you describe could have strong ties to Te/Fe.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[hierarchy-loving stupid robot sensor voice] you will be assimilated.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
anyone whose mental models are very different than those around them feels a bit disconnected. it's difficult to connect and share perspective when you can't establish context (mental common ground) with others. learning how to trust the process you are going through, listening to not only what other people see but getting a sense of how they make the lenses through which they see, makes communication more fluid and open, more ready for real connection and rapport.

there's the old line from a self help book (seven habits): "seek first to understand, then to be understood." this is easier said then done, because it's difficult to be steady and open enough when our own needs aren't being met. when they are, when we feel like we can see and feel ourselves clearly, it's a lot easier to be constructive and appreciate what others have to show us. then, exploring some of the differences, especially around how we contextualize/model what is going on in a way that seems proportional and balanced for how we are ebbing and flowing between our own constructs and the shared reality of the world around us, gets more interesting and positive (even if it still can feel a little scary sometimes, when we don't understand where the disconnects are, and when what we think is important is especially hard to articulate and ask others to see too).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... I always test as an N, which is one of MANY reasons that I doubt type stats

and I don't really fit in anywhere, but I'm brilliant at figuring out how to make things work (including making my own place in social environments where I previously did not have one)... when a way does not exist, one must make a way :shrug:

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
If there are more S types than N types, it's probably because there are evolutionary advantages to being an S type. Consider for example the fact that we live in a well ordered, stable, and lawful society. I think we owe this especially to the SJ types. If the world was dominated by N types, they'd all say "screw the rules I'm doing things my way!" and society would implode.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
If there are more S types than N types, it's probably because there are evolutionary advantages to being an S type. Consider the fact that we live in a well ordered, stable, and lawful society. I think we owe this especially to the SJ types. If the world was dominated by N types, they'd all say "screw the rules I'm doing things my way!" and society would implode.

no it be more cat like. society mostly ignores each other until society needs something then rubs up against the legs of the people who can help them and meow non-stop until the problem is fixed.

á´…eparted

passages
Can I just say for a moment that I love how this community instinctively tamps out and corrects stereotypes the second they appear? Many years ago on many typology forums that never happened, but collective we've learned to identify typology for what it really is, and this shows many of our goals here is to teach this first and foremost. It's pretty damn awesome.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It aint? Ok then you can teach me one day, I find understanding people way more difficult than science :D

It is difficult, but not impossible. Just because you are a certain type in the mbti doesnt mean its impossible for you to go around understanding people. In the end, they are just people. It might be more difficult for you to understand. But that doesnt mean you cant. It means the effort isnt there or is being misplaced.

We are both of the NT rational group. So I understand the situation. I just adapted quicker. If i can do it you can. Dont say you cant, because I proved otherwise.

And yes aint. Its an official word now. So is Lol, and a lot more slang terminology.