• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Introverts_Unite!

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, since INTP's and INTJ's are different, I will decry both types individually: ;)

INTP
1) Poorly organised
2) Can provide 'empty compliments' (i.e - insincere compliments)
3) Can 'backstab' without realising the emotional consequences for their victim
QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
{sorry, I erased the blasted quote shading}

Hmm, that doesn't seem to describe the INTP's I know at all, at least #2 & #3. Wouldn't that be {attention: favorite INTP word coming ...} anathema to give insincere compliments and backstab? ... "Frontstabbing" maybe, but not backstabbing.

1 Reason Why NT's Rock:
..... They freely admit they suck ;)

lazyhappy

we're most likely the one's to shoot up a school... tho... i think that's more intj then intps.... no offence intjs

and i'm too lazy and i never get things done... it sucks!

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
{sorry, I erased the blasted quote shading}

Hmm, that doesn't seem to describe the INTP's I know at all, at least #2 & #3. Wouldn't that be {attention: favorite INTP word coming ...} anathema to give insincere compliments and backstab? ... "Frontstabbing" maybe, but not backstabbing.

1 Reason Why NT's Rock:
..... They freely admit they suck ;)

Hmm, well the two INTP's I knew (one was an E/INTP) backstabbed people indiscriminately and irresponsibly on a regular basis while sucking up to them upfront. By the way, there are few INTJ's who will admit that they suck (except for myself, but my NT is weak anyway).

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. Self-doubt
2. Poor social skills, but a need to connect deeply to people
3. No follow-through on idea

Climber07

MBTI Type
Ixxx
1) sensitive about the weirdest things
2) are doomed to be unhappy for the rest of their lives and blame it on everyone else
3) will always feel something is missing (I guess all N's are like this)

gretch

MBTI Type
ENFP
1: Autonomy, autonomy, autonomy.
2. Skepticism (this is endearing and annoying)
3. I can't get to him when he goes into his lab. Doesn't he ever need to come up for air? But on the other hand, people are my sort of lab.

Hypomanic

MBTI Type
INTJ
we're most likely the one's to shoot up a school... tho... i think that's more intj then intps.... no offence intjs

and i'm too lazy and i never get things done... it sucks!

I concur. ;)

Btw, WHY is this stickied? o_0

It makes it seem as if it's important for everyone to know why IN's suck (even though they don't!!). It's at the foremost of the NT forum threads.. Why not sticky a why EN's suck? Or have we done that?

Anyway. It's late and I'm lazy so I'm complaining I guess. Apologies in advance.. I really dunno who this was directed to, haha.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Btw, WHY is this stickied? o_0

It makes it seem as if it's important for everyone to know why IN's suck (even though they don't!!). It's at the foremost of the NT forum threads.. Why not sticky a why EN's suck? Or have we done that?

Anyway. It's late and I'm lazy so I'm complaining I guess. Apologies in advance.. I really dunno who this was directed to, haha.
Because we're the majority here.

And (no insult intended) some of the other types seem to have felt...singled out...overly criticized...so it might balance that out.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Overthinking? There is no such a thing.
To think is to be prepared. To think is to do. To do is to win.

Say, an INT is ill and goes to see a doctor. The INT is prepared. He is in charge. He tells the doctor what pills to prescribe. What measures to take.

The doctor is first cowed. He obeys. Only then comes the anger, the hurt professional pride, the idea of a refusal. But it is too late. The patient has already left the room.

Thinking=being prepared. You can not attack the man with authority without the authority over him.

Authority becomes from being prepared. To know more than the other. Not to cow. To speak out with harshness.
And then to leave the room while the other one (the ignorant fool) is still talking.

That is such a load of crap. In my family, it's the feeling types who tell our doctors what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pangolin

MBTI Type
INTP
Fully agree with this, and it's probably a large part of the reason for all the problems listed in this thread. As much as people like to claim that their views are flexible and they're completely open to changing their views based on rational argument the fact of the matter is that most people are not. Yet we expect others to shift their views based on our rational thinking.

I think INTP's are open to changing their opinions based on new data. It seems that often when they go head to head, they are comparing conclusions, and will hence get no where. The only real way for them to come to agreement in this case is to consider the same sources. This can be nigh impossible if their personal life histories are sufficiently divergent.

Additionally, Ti takes a while to muddle through things, so if mind changing does occur, it will typically not be in the middle of the argument, but only sometime later after it has processed.

Pangolin

MBTI Type
INTP
Overthinking? There is no such a thing.
To think is to be prepared. To think is to do. To do is to win.

Say, an INT is ill and goes to see a doctor. The INT is prepared. He is in charge. He tells the doctor what pills to prescribe. What measures to take.

The doctor is first cowed. He obeys. Only then comes the anger, the hurt professional pride, the idea of a refusal. But it is too late. The patient has already left the room.

Thinking=being prepared. You can not attack the man with authority without the authority over him.

Authority becomes from being prepared. To know more than the other. Not to cow. To speak out with harshness.
And then to leave the room while the other one (the ignorant fool) is still talking.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. NT tends to be a particularly self-oriented temperament, and having I just makes that even better. INT's can be prone to mentally drowning the world around them out and yet being unable to "comprehend" why they seem so distant and not a part of it, and this sucks because they do want deep connections and relationships. It's irony. INT's sometimes put too much stock in their minds, too, powerful convictions and confidence but mostly in self-visions.

2. Anxiety. No chill pill is good enough for an INT...or, not much is good enough for an INT, which I feel is the root of this particular anxiety. "I could've done better." "She didn't respond that enthusiastically." "I've done worse before, I could mess up later." Way too serious sometimes, and can't take something for what it is.

3. INT's are impossible sometimes. Unrealistic? For example, reconciling what is with what can be and not understanding why what can be isn't what is pisses off a bunch of INT's I'm sure. Due to that tendency to think/over-think (by the way, I'm not getting that doctor story) INT's get to identify a problem/conjure a non-existent problem and probably not do anything about it, so some INT's do have accountability issues with their lives. Analysis is certainly a gift, but yeah, don't abuse it.

Sigh...yup!....being an INTJ is great!...=)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1. Seldom express emotions, and tend to express them in a way that makes me nervous when they do.

2. Tend not to adequately express that what they believe is an idea rather than a fact, and that they can be persuaded otherwise (found this out when I found a contradiction and suggested an alternative, and was surprised they didn't in the least defend the position they had spoken of so vehemently earlier).

3. Tend to have frequent emotional issues that they are unaware of... like continually acting in a way that elicits sympathy, and then getting annoyed when people express sympathy towards them.

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
Well, since INTP's and INTJ's are different, I will decry both types individually: ;)

INTJ
1) Remote and withdrawn
2) Reluctant or unable to praise the efforts of others
3) Rarely admit that they have flaws

INTP
1) Poorly organised
2) Can provide 'empty compliments' (i.e - insincere compliments)
3) Can 'backstab' without realising the emotional consequences for their victim

These are just my personal experiences. Sorry if I have offended anybody.

I concur COMPLETELY! The INTJs that I know are HONEST to a fault, but one of the INTPs...is disorganized to the point of being crippling, insincere (liar and cheat) and even backstabbed his ailing mother. No thanks....I'll take an anti-social INTJ any day. :yes:

Camelopardalis

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. Being misunderstood, my alternative ideas dismissed without a thought and being told that my ideas are just 'wrong', most of the time with hardly any justification
2. Having to constantly trouble myself with problems that probably aren't solvable, but heck, my out-of-control mind just keeps trying to break it down anyway
3. Disappointed in the society in general for so many people not making 'sense' and being underintelligent.

doob

MBTI Type
xNTp
Top 3

Agreeing with Gretch:

1. Autonomy, autonomy, autonomy.
2. Skepticism
3. disappearing acts

are the three things that most disturb those who I care about most in my life. Especially no. 1, it drives people crazy that I don't ask for help. Which is my rationale for having too much stuff (e.g. tools, etc.).

I should add my most frequent MBTI results are INTP. Initially testing INTJ (twice), and I've tested ENTP.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have a pretty balanced INTP, except for the typical lack of emotional sensitivity/reactivity. However, he does have a quirk that I wonder about. He seems unusually effete, eg, he holds a mug with the minimum number of fingers required to avoid spills. That's his MO toward food in general; when spreading butter on a bagel, eg, he uses his thumb and one finger to hold the bagel, while the others are in the air.

He (and my INTP son) also have an aversion to pushing things down into the garbage or trash, placing them gently on top where they're likely to drift out of the container. Sometimes I give a good push and an almost full basket is suddenly only half-full. This is strange to me as they both watch the goriest shows with aplomb, and my husband handled our kids' dirty diapers with no problem. Can anyone relate or explain?

Jae Rae