• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Overthinking? There is no such a thing.
To think is to be prepared. To think is to do. To do is to win.

Say, an INT is ill and goes to see a doctor. The INT is prepared. He is in charge. He tells the doctor what pills to prescribe. What measures to take.

The doctor is first cowed. He obeys. Only then comes the anger, the hurt professional pride, the idea of a refusal. But it is too late. The patient has already left the room.

Thinking=being prepared. You can not attack the man with authority without the authority over him.

Authority becomes from being prepared. To know more than the other. Not to cow. To speak out with harshness.
And then to leave the room while the other one (the ignorant fool) is still talking.

:rofl1:

Owned...Well and truly owned:D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The butter sandwiches are, of course, very small.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
No more fish & chips? :(

Fries aren't chips... ;)

It sucks being INT because

1) I'm always about 3 steps ahead in my thinking relative to my opponent, I've covered the contingencies, worked out the mitigation aspects and have to wait till the lemmings finally get to the point where I "checkmate" them.

2) Aspiring to material actualization seems to have lost relevance to self actualization which seems to be a swing between absolutely nailing what I don't like :devil: and leveraging what I see as good and just. (We don't like emotions ruling actions, if there's no purpose how is the action defined?)

3) People are just so damned weak. Bounded by their negativity, lack of motivation and flexible ethics/morals = Path of least resistance.

It doesn't suck being Elitist though :party2:

Overthinking? There is no such a thing.
To think is to be prepared. To think is to do. To do is to win.

Say, an INT is ill and goes to see a doctor. The INT is prepared. He is in charge. He tells the doctor what pills to prescribe. What measures to take.

The doctor is first cowed. He obeys. Only then comes the anger, the hurt professional pride, the idea of a refusal. But it is too late. The patient has already left the room.

Thinking=being prepared. You can not attack the man with authority without the authority over him.

Authority becomes from being prepared. To know more than the other. Not to cow. To speak out with harshness.
And then to leave the room while the other one (the ignorant fool) is still talking.

Yes, you can overthink. Too much thinking about something "irrational" can never lead you to a conclusion, only a large set of plausibility’s, none of which is useful if you've not worked out that the situation was "irrational".

Uncovering a large set of plausibility’s is great for future perspectives on situations, but can fry your brain in the interim.

I generally believe that infinite thinking can win the day and overcome all odds (eventually)... however, in some situations (eg relationships) less thinking can be beneficial especially with offset with more outgoing (extroversion)...

Life is short, don't waste too much of it thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Hell yes they are!

Hell no they aren't.

Fries = thin obnoxious things that have a trillion tonnes of salt put on them. Aka McDonalds.

Chips = thicker potatoe slices. Like fries only thicker.

Ps: You're biased by virtue of your surname :D siding with the McDonald clan..

Pps: Use the sauce, may the sauce be with you.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hell no they aren't.

Fries = thin obnoxious things that have a trillion tonnes of salt put on them. Aka McDonalds.

Chips = thicker potatoe slices. Like fries only thicker.

Ps: You're biased by virtue of your surname :D siding with the McDonald clan..

Pps: Use the sauce, may the sauce be with you.

That's only one kind of fry. Waffle fries are basically cross-sectioned potatoes in a wavy cut. Steak fries are thicker and more delicious than thin fries, like your chips. Seasoned fries are like chips with cajun spices on them. Yum!

Anyway, they're all fatty, dude, so don't think your chips are in any way superior to other fried foods. :)

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
That's only one kind of fry. Waffle fries are basically cross-sectioned potatoes in a wavy cut. Steak fries are thicker and more delicious than thin fries, like your chips. Seasoned fries are like chips with cajun spices on them. Yum!

Anyway, they're all fatty, dude, so don't think your chips are in any way superior to other fried foods. :)

Ok, here's a translation for one word that covers many types of potato variations

US = UK

Steak Fry = Chips
Waffle Fries = Crisps
?? = Potato Wedges.

See, I'll have you guys speaking English in no time... :D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I see you took spelling lessons from Dan Quayle.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I see you took spelling lessons from Dan Quayle.

Never heard of him before... Just looked him up on Wikipedia, excellent. We need more Dan Quayles.

Democracy should be tied to taxes paid. Then the NT's would have a fairer representation in democratic outcomes.

So, it sucks to be INT because our views are not fairly represented in society in relation to the productive input we make. (Why is my vote negated by some loser who I subsidise through life?).

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Never heard of him before... Just looked him up on Wikipedia, excellent. We need more Dan Quayles.

Democracy should be tied to taxes paid. Then the NT's would have a fairer representation in democratic outcomes.

So, it sucks to be INT because our views are not fairly represented in society in relation to the productive input we make. (Why is my vote negated by some loser who I subsidise through life?).

Heh, the irony being that it would eliminate Fs, and cause STJs and NTJs to dominate the politics of the world, not NTs. Also know as the "amoral" and "self serving" approach... And for even greater irony, democracy is suppose to be the control on that aristocratic approach... So I guess I read your post to mean that democracy sucks*.

(*And to be clear, they already do run most of the world, least in corporate, military and political circles... so I'm not even sure what the complaint is, except to say that they already try to subvert "democracy" if it impedes them.)

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Because we don't seem good at making excuses not to be at work.

We deliver.

And If we're sick... hell, we'll still go in. We'll give it to the others as their immune defences need simulating anyway. (And its great when you're getting over it, while the team is getting ill). :D

Razorcut

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. Over thinking has to be the worse. Pissing others off is just something you get used to.
But over thinking does not let me have joy very often.
2. Being called a “control freak”. And wondering if I really am....
3. Wish my mind would just shut up for a minute!

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
1 - Intimidating
2 - Don't care if they hurt one's feelings
3 - No warm fuzzies