• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't offer any reasons why INTs suck... you're my favorites.

However... This may not necessarily mean you don't suck.
It's far more likely that I'm just a glutton for punishment and have horrendous taste in companions.
:wub:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can respect a person for admitting that.

Big ups.

I was actually going to exclude INTPs from that last part; my best friend is an INTP. She is the bee's knees.

That leaves the INTJs.

mibnelius

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1) We sometimes have discomforting insights into the unpleasant machinations of everyday existence.
2) Half the time I find out that nobody has any clue as to what the hall I'm saying.
3) The ever-growing plasma ball of rage suspended inside each of us by a gossamer thread.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
1) Big ambition inside that is easily satisfied by living it out in one's head, never to make it to the real world.

2) The talent to streamline things to their basic essences makes life miserable when you have to explain things in detail, or fill up a specific amount of time or satisfy a minimum of written pages.

3) Not really caring half the time if people understand what the heck you're trying to say, as long as YOU know that you know what you're talking about.

mibnelius

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
2) The talent to streamline things to their basic essences makes life miserable when you have to explain things in detail, or fill up a specific amount of time or satisfy a minimum of written pages.

3) Not really caring half the time if people understand what the heck you're trying to say, as long as YOU know that you know what you're talking about.

Now that you mention it, those are probably right up there too. One of my least favorite experiences in life is furbling (Sniglets) through loads of useless rubbish just to get a concise point through. I can write a research paper that conveys 15 pages of information in 5 pages, and I hate showing excessive amounts of work on math problems.

Unfortunately, they don't understand.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
1) Big ambition inside that is easily satisfied by living it out in one's head, never to make it to the real world.

Good points. I usually have to make the scope of my research papers broader than many of my peers to fill the same page requirement.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

Seems like many of us experience this. It's for this reason mainly that I abhor page minimums. Of course, 95% of what my peers write is crap, so people are forced to make page minimums in order to be able to distill the information they desire. On the other hand, it gives me a reason to be especially verbose, through which I derive some sense of amusement from.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Seems like many of us experience this. It's for this reason mainly that I abhor page minimums. Of course, 95% of what my peers write is crap, so people are forced to make page minimums in order to be able to distill the information they desire. On the other hand, it gives me a reason to be especially verbose, through which I derive some sense of amusement from.

I'm guessing you must have been amused writing that last sentence.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP

This seems to be a common irritant for NTs.

In college, I would fluff them out to meet the minimum. When I was older (35-40) and taking classes for the hell of it, I stopped doing that and my papers were invariably at least a page and a half short. But the writing was better and the professors considered them A+ papers. I was never docked for the paper being less then the minimum.

I did invariably lose half a grade point for being a day late.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

a 4 line long single sentence that was the summary of a long poem.
1.5 spacing made it so much easier to have a one pager summary of a book.
teachs/profs definitely had a preference bias for this propensity

Last edited:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I always loved the teachers that were smart/relaxed enough to realize that I'd covered the subject thoroughly, even if I didn't meet the page quota.

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
It seems like this thread is dominated more by INTPs than INTJs, so I don't identify with quite a few of the things that people mention. I can't generalize for INTJs, but for myself, I almost never turned things in late (too much of a J in me). Anyway, I think INTJs and INTPs are markedly different (but there's already a huge thread devoted to that idea).

R

Riva

Give your top three reasons for why it does, or would, suck to be an INT.

My three reasons:

1/ There aren't enough of us. Hence, the feeling of "not fitting in" or "being an outcast" carries a heavy burden through our entire lives.

2/ Over-thinking and under-doing is a major source of conflict.

3/ Our genius is severely underrated by the society at large.

(I'm glad I limited myself. I could probably come up with a thousand reasons if I thought about it long enough. I guess this is an example of reason #2.)

your best friend is a Calculator. :devil:

Rikka

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. Social anxiety
2. love/hate relationships with people in general- gah! they confuse me.
3. Terrible at focusing- i never pay attention to real time conversations.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
We will never fully understand emotions in all its nuances despite feeling them strongly at times.

We are accused of being unloving because we express our love in practical - not saccharine - ways.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
1) For every good theory that NTs seem to come up with, you have to wade through hundreds of crack brains ideas and concepts. This gets progressively irritating for myself, for others and in groups.

2) Arrogance. I never realised how annoying it was before.

3) Some real social issues... for myself, for others and in groups.

INT's are built to be seperated from others who aren't. Sure we can relate logically, but not very personally.

1. Many view us as having "social problems", whereas we see them as socialy corrupt and annoying ourselvs.

2. We think everything sucks, we question everything, for better or worse

3. We like to take credit for our ingenius ideas in order to make up for being social/personal outcasts.

don't much mind though.