• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
More reason why an INTJ can suck.

In my early teens I was absolutely besotted with a hot blonde girl, even basically even went to the same University to be friends with her (you know the type, miss everything and everyone).

She fried my brain as I just couldn't work her out, it was complete sh*t and I went from the top to the bottom and burnt out. She was illogical.

However, my analytical brain slowly worked them out :D (rather than me believing they were playing mind games) I realized that they are just butterflies and flutter with the prevailing wind of sociability. (Hell, being social is just a function of not p*ssing off anyone, aka not having a view or any standards :doh:).

So, NT can suck, I'd like to be a social dumb ar*se and just chill and think cr*p movies were actually really interesting, and get excited about mainstream diatribe. :violin: (The violin is a great icon :D ).

Usehername

On a mission
I feel for ya. It must really suck to be intellectually curious. What a burden that must be. Would that you could be one of the dumber types that don't ask questions instead.

don't you love the response to this? lol

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I feel for ya. It must really suck to be intellectually curious. What a burden that must be. Would that you could be one of the dumber types that don't ask questions instead.

It's like I said, INTs don't believe (as types) that they have any genuine weaknesses, only strengths which are misunderstood or unappreciated by the stupid non-NTs. And an inability to adequately pander to (or fully anticipate or comprehend) the stupidity of the non-NTs. :yes:

The weaknesses they would actually perceive as weaknesses are simply not being as strong in those strengths as they would like to be. Which is probably the fault of the non-NTs and their endless demands for submission to mainstream herd values.

Thus the weakness of INTs as types is that they live in a world filled with non-INTs.

Edit: to be honest, nothing I've said here is anything I would consider to be grounds for sucking. It's kinda cute actually.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
don't you love the response to this? lol

Enough from you, shouldn't you be hiding from the real world playing your guitar and doing speed maths to impress the guys.

:D

Speed math will never operate at 2Mhz... so why waste your time?

Actually, it must suck a whole heap more for INT women as at least us guys can just dumb down and go for looks, but women very rarely do.

Usehername

On a mission
Enough from you, shouldn't you be hiding from the real world playing your guitar and doing speed maths to impress the guys.

:D

Speed math will never operate at 2Mhz... so why waste your time?

Actually, it must suck a whole heap more for INT women as at least us guys can just dumb down and go for looks, but women very rarely do.

lol

you've only been here 16 posts, but I already have two minds about you:

1 = :BangHead: with a mix of :steam:
2 = :wubbie:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, my humour is very dry and I love British comedy.

Only the brightest in the audience will laugh.

My humor is dry as well, but I don't have the same affection for British comedy as some of the others have mentioned. The perceived elitist aspect of it offends me. For instance, I'm not a fan of Monty Python except for one or two of the movies. Most of it is too based in the comic value of nonsense. I find a lot of it to be just as juvenile as any Adam Sandler movie. A prime example is on The Simpsons when Helen Fielding was the guest voice and told a book group that English comedy might be too sophisticated for them. She then proceeded to run outside and engage in a Benny Hill-type chase with a bobby and a gorilla. Funny stuff :)

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
My humor is dry as well, but I don't have the same affection for British comedy as some of the others have mentioned. The perceived elitist aspect of it offends me. For instance, I'm not a fan of Monty Python except for one or two of the movies. Most of it is too based in the comic value of nonsense. I find a lot of it to be just as juvenile as any Adam Sandler movie. A prime example is on The Simpsons when Helen Fielding was the guest voice and told a book group that English comedy might be too sophisticated for them. She then proceeded to run outside and engage in a Benny Hill-type chase with a bobby and a gorilla. Funny stuff :)

Hmm.. not so sure about the elitist angle, it is just a segment of the total comedy produced (There's plenty of stuff for the masses, often these make it to the US, Little Britain and The Office are both recent items sent to the US (Although they have been trashed by your script writers)).

There is loads of comedy that you've never seen.

Have you considered that there maybe is a dearth of intelligent comedy in the US and as such smart people there adopt it readily? Seriously.

It’s a real pity that the US does not produce more high end material... all as I ever see coming out of the US is cheap programmes revolving around cops with guns.

Guess we are very lucky that the government provides so much money to the BBC...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You're not really making an airtight case against elitism, man.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
It’s a real pity that the US does not produce more high end material... all as I ever see coming out of the US is cheap programmes revolving around cops with guns.

The Simpsons, Futurama, south park, etc. have a good mix of smart and dumb comedy . (And I enjoy both types a lot.)

The big NT related issues I really hate missing are people skills, knowing what to expect out of social structures and having some basic people manipulation and communication type stuff would have saved a lot of trouble over the past few years. (There was on of these high school crushes that didn't end up doing anything except leaving me depressed for awhile and some stuff on other online groups of people.) Some problems I've been having recently, with procrastination, lack of confidence, laziness/lack of focus, do seem to partially have come from situations where some better people skills/knowing what to expect would have avoided a lot of problems.

The other part is just things such as getting friends and possibly girlfriends, I don't really know where to go about finding people I'd be interested in, and combined with the previous issues, I have a lot of trouble just going out and starting with what i do know.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Veneti, I have trouble believing you wrote that reply and still can't see the elitist angle to this. :shock:

I submit that there is a lot of comedy here that you probably haven't seen as well. You might be the first person in history to suggest that the government improves comedy.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

LMAO!

Three reasons why INT's suck

1. They can't make posts as awesome as Ivy.
2. They take themselves too seriously.
3. They have trouble admitting that ENT's are right more often than they are. ;)

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX

Ok then, putting it another way. Here in Britain we aspire to swinging down from the trees and walking upright.

We don't want to make it large, or have fries with it. We'd actually like to have our minds challenged ever so slightly and not be satiated by spoon feed programming that is cheap and nasty, with poor scripting.

Happy? :nice:

Lucky I live on this Island thats for sure... although I'm beginning to think the US is a desolate island for anyone with half a brain. :D

Is everyone beginning to warm to me more now?

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Veneti, I have trouble believing you wrote that reply and still can't see the elitist angle to this. :shock:

I submit that there is a lot of comedy here that you probably haven't seen as well. You might be the first person in history to suggest that the government improves comedy.

Hmm... You guys have a lot to learn.

The BBC will fund script writers who have production teams and they will produce a specific piece of work . This way we have a massive variety of interesting insights into life and from many angles. Virtually all of the Elitist comedy you refer to (or think about) is one segment of the total output.

The government doesn't improve comedy, but it facilitates its expression. Far better than some privately held studio deciding that everyone is just an advertising target. (We don't have adverts on the BBC believe it or not).

Have a nice week I'm making :run: exit.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmm... You guys have a lot to learn.

The BBC will fund script writers who have production teams and they will produce a specific piece of work . This way we have a massive variety of interesting insights into life and from many angles. Virtually all of the Elitist comedy you refer to (or think about) is one segment of the total output.

The government doesn't improve comedy, but it facilitates its expression. Far better than some privately held studio deciding that everyone is just an advertising target. (We don't have adverts on the BBC believe it or not).

Have a nice week I'm making :run: exit.

I was going to mention how he conveniently sidestepped my point about his knowledge of American television and to point out that I didn't call the comedy elitist but rather its proponents. However, I'm easily distracted and I had to groom my girlfriend and then throw my poop at my brother. Ooooh, look, bananas!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Ok then, putting it another way. Here in Britain we aspire to swinging down from the trees and walking upright.

We don't want to make it large, or have fries with it. We'd actually like to have our minds challenged ever so slightly and not be satiated by spoon feed programming that is cheap and nasty, with poor scripting.

Could you name a few of these intelligent comedies?

I've seen most of an episode of Little Britain and we'll say no more about that. I've seen Shaun of the Dead which I enjoyed, but it was hardly high-brow humour. I also enjoyed Black Books, but that was written by an Irishman I believe.

My favourite comedies in recent times tend to come from America, such as Arrested Development, Scrubs, Family Guy, Passions and Quentin Tarantino movies. And the inimitable Napoleon Dynamite, of course. Where they are dumb, they are dumb in quite a smart way (Passions possibly more by accident than design).

Having said this, I continue to find that many Brits I meet irl possess a distinctive wry, dry, self-deprecating and very understated senses of humour which I rarely find in the Americans I meet. Understatement in humour is a very British trait which, unfortunately, is often absent in those comedies they produce which reach these shores.

Personally I think the American/British comedy dichotomy belonged largely to an earlier generation, and has been obsolete for some time (possibly due to the influence of British comedy on America). I suspect, though, that the dichotomy has been sustained because it is such a safe, cultured prejudice to profess (especially when one is 16-22).

[/:soapbox:]

heart

heart on fire
I like "As Time Goes By" and "Are You Being Served?"

I cannot stand Family Guy, The Simpsons.

I like King of the Hill.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Overthinking? There is no such a thing.
To think is to be prepared. To think is to do. To do is to win.

Say, an INT is ill and goes to see a doctor. The INT is prepared. He is in charge. He tells the doctor what pills to prescribe. What measures to take.

The doctor is first cowed. He obeys. Only then comes the anger, the hurt professional pride, the idea of a refusal. But it is too late. The patient has already left the room.

Thinking=being prepared. You can not attack the man with authority without the authority over him.

Authority becomes from being prepared. To know more than the other. Not to cow. To speak out with harshness.
And then to leave the room while the other one (the ignorant fool) is still talking.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Overthinking? There is no such a thing.
To think is to be prepared. To think is to do. To do is to win.

Say, an INT is ill and goes to see a doctor. The INT is prepared. He is in charge. He tells the doctor what pills to prescribe. What measures to take.

The doctor is first cowed. He obeys. Only then comes the anger, the hurt professional pride, the idea of a refusal. But it is too late. The patient has already left the room.

Thinking=being prepared. You can not attack the man with authority without the authority over him.

Authority becomes from being prepared. To know more than the other. Not to cow. To speak out with harshness.
And then to leave the room while the other one (the ignorant fool) is still talking.

Anybody else wanna take this one? I already got in one argument today :)