• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The only complaint I have with NT is when some of them assume that F always means neurotic Fe.

As opposed to holy-crap-completely-imperceptible-emotional-land-mine Fi? ;)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I haven't read the other "top three reasons why this temperament sucks" threads, but I have to say, I'm really enjoying how so many of these INT ones are really "why I rule" lists in Groucho Marx glasses.

dorkilicious

MBTI Type
INTP
Thought of a couple more that may possibly be NT, or may be just me.

1. When engrossed in something, I tune everything else out, especially the people in my life. If I'm working on a project that I'm really throwing myself into when a birthday rolls around, I could forget about it. Woe betide me if the birthday I missed was that of an SJ friend. Sometimes I don't even notice that people are around me if I'm focused heavily on something. It has caused trouble in my relationship a few times when my ENFP boyfriend has spoken to me, but I'm in another world doing math or reading or writing my novel and I don't even notice he spoke to me. He thinks I'm ignoring him and gets offended, which is perfectly understandable.

2. I forget that chat is valuable to others, so I am apt to ignore or interrupt. When I chat with someone, I have an explicit goal in mind, such as establishing rapport or relaxing someone. For that reason, I might not respond to something someone said or interrupt them. This is soooo rude, and I know that, but I forget sometimes. This is a specific element of what has already been said: We suck at social skills.
I haven't read the other "top three reasons why this temperament sucks" threads, but I have to say, I'm really enjoying how so many of these INT ones are really "why I rule" lists in Groucho Marx glasses.
That's because there isn't any objective measure for which traits "suck" and which ones "rule." NT's may be aware of what others will see as weaknesses in them, but they may not frame them as weaknesses because they don't see them that way. But feel free to come up with better reason for why we suck.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's because there isn't any objective measure for which traits "suck" and which ones "rule." NT's may be aware of what others will see as weaknesses in them, but they may not frame them as weaknesses because they don't see them that way. But feel free to come up with better reason for why we suck.

lol... Laugh! Just laugh! Stop trying to explain everything! It was a joke! It doesn't need an analytical response!

Hmmm. This one should be on the list, if it's not already.

MBTI Type
INTJ
lol... Laugh! Just laugh! Stop trying to explain everything! It was a joke! It doesn't need an analytical response!

Hmmm. This one should be on the list, if it's not already.

This makes me wonder if I'm the world's first INTJ would-be comedian. At least the first one that doesn't hand out sheets of footnotes explaining his jokes.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This makes me wonder if I'm the world's first INTJ would-be comedian. At least the first one that doesn't hand out sheets of footnotes explaining his jokes.

I dunno, can't INTJs be funny? People who know me think I'm really funny and claim to admire me for my sense of humor! I think an N function relieves some of the J's natural anal-retentiveness.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I've heard Andy Kauffman being categorized as an INTJ.

Not that he was exactly popular. (Or sane.)

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've seen a couple of lists that categorized Dan Akyroyd and Chevy Chase as INTJs, as well.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Curiouser-still, I'm a respected bureaucrat on a parody/comedy wiki, and most of the administration team members are INTJs.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jim Carrey is categorized as an ENTJ more often than ENTP.

Steve Martin is also allegedly an ENTJ.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I dunno, can't INTJs be funny? People who know me think I'm really funny and claim to admire me for my sense of humor! I think an N function relieves some of the J's natural anal-retentiveness.

INTJ's have a lot of humor; it’s just very dry on the whole.

I'd say a number of INTJ's especially like humor/jokes as it hits them from a angle which their train of thought hadn't envisioned, that’s what makes a joke funny. (That’s what I notice being the difference between UK comedy and US, in the UK there's lots of symbolism and reliance on the audience envisioning the situation rather than having it spelt out to them like in US comedy).

As for the F versus the J, I believe a smart NT will over time develop towards the J as you must follow systems to achieve, simple as that. That was the biggest thing that University and Prof quals taught me... discipline. Business like armies win on cohesion, otherwise its divide and rule. (Smart NT's rapidly adapt to environments, and todays world favours the J side especially in conjunction with the NT natural job profile (Although too much J and it kills the NT ability to be an innovator).

As for the I and the E. Often thats a function of alcohol intake. :D

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I must say that some INTJs seem quite humorless. We tend to take ourselves way too seriously at times.

But as for me, I'm hilarious.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I must say that some INTJs seem quite humorless. We tend to take ourselves way too seriously at times.

But as for me, I'm hilarious.

Like I've said before though, I see two types of basic NT types, those that naturally are, and those that migrate there. (The conscious will developing the subconscious, like autosuggestion).

I have way out theories and they don't seem to have been examined much by the academics. I believe that the kick ar*se NT's develop from the I's who use T to develop the N in order to win (J is just part of the mix to win and follow systems until they want to change them). An emotional I (generally I's are that way for a reason) with indeterminate will, will evolve. If you are too much E then it’s more your natural NT that will coast you through life.

Natural NT's are not that great on jokes, NT's evolving from the I's are big time. (Another theory).

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, my humour is very dry and I love British comedy.

Only the brightest in the audience will laugh.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Another reason it SUX to be an NT is that the more I learn the more questions I have.

I'm not a genetic scientist but I've recently become interested in whether Neanderthal bred with Cro Magnon and if you read my first 2 readers replys on this thread page Humans and Neanderthals interbred | COSMOS magazine you'll see where I'm at.

Anyone interested in this sort of stuff should take a look at genographic.com by the national geographic.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Another reason it SUX to be an NT is that the more I learn the more questions I have.

I feel for ya. It must really suck to be intellectually curious. What a burden that must be. Would that you could be one of the dumber types that don't ask questions instead.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I feel for ya. It must really suck to be intellectually curious. What a burden that must be. Would that you could be one of the dumber types that don't ask questions instead.

If I didn't virtue thinking and understanding so highly, I could just be surfing (real waves) and having lots of drunken orgies... :party2:

Its even worse to be extremely intellectually curious at University and just be served up wrote learning cr*p. That’s why you end up following and trying to be as much of a J as possible, until you get high enough to bust the system to what it should be about... or step out of the loop and create your own system (Which is quite difficult if you're already doing well by playing the current system).

By the by... I believe that IQ is definitely not fixed; I believe that the I can create a circular loop between the N & T leading to an upward spiral of IQ.

Innovation, just a critical mass of observational reference points (In many vocations/fields that create huge permutational/combinational views). Bit like a kaleidoscope although I term it concentric thinking as opposed to linear procedural thinking.

That’s my rant for today... :D