• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
The problem with Ni is once you show the work you got done with it, it either goes straight over their head (and is therefore utter nonsense) or makes so much sense that they feel dumb for not realizing it before. Neither appears to be the fruit of any sort of creativity, though, and just makes the other party feel really dumb.

This *is* a problem.

*states obvious* I still want a shrubbery to compensate for the misunderstanding of INTJs across the globe. And on Mars.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Maybe.

Pretty much, INTJs are really, really good at stating the obvious... for some reason, it's something most people overlook.
Ah-ha!!! So yours is that type of person who has me thinking, hmm, yeah, I mean...I *think* <insert name> is smart, *scans memory bank*, yeah, he/she is, but surely such an intelligent person would not state such a blatantly obvious thing, like duh, he/she must be kidding me?!? Perhaps, <insert name> is in fact retarded, and has been this whole time, yet I'd never really recognized it before.

:D

So, scratch my first post. I actually think I know quite a few of you, well.

:yes:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ah-ha!!! So yours is that type of person who has me thinking, hmm, yeah, I mean...I *think* <insert name> is smart, *scans memory bank*, yeah, he/she is, but surely such an intelligent person would not state such a blatantly obvious thing, like duh, he/she must be kidding me?!? Perhaps, <insert name> is in fact retarded, and has been this whole time, yet I'd never really recognized it before.

:D

So, scratch my first post. I actually think I know quite a few of you, well.

:yes:

Once, my mother was going to drive home, but the car wouldn't stop. She tried a lot of things and finally I said, "You know, sometimes if you let the car sit for a while it'll start up."

She didn't believe me and wouldn't even try again -- so what happened is my father came by to pick us up, then he put his key into the ignition and started the car and drove it back home with no problems. Instead of taking from it that sometimes anything electronic and mechanical may need time to 'rest' because of overheated circuits, oddly-settled fluids, etc, she just said, "There's something wrong with that car. It's old."

:doh:

There's really no loss if you state the obvious solution. I guess an F type might not, because it always ends with either the suggester sounding like an idiot or the suggestee feeling like an idiot, but if you really want the damn thing to work, you really need to try all the dumb things first...

Kanerou

MBTI Type
_NFP
Sounds like me.

*trying to get ice out with a fork*
NT friend: You know, if you used a spoon, it's be easier.
Me: *ignores, fails with fork, and finally gets spoon*
NT friend: I've noticed you're not so good at taking advice.
Me: Yup.

And repeat.

Reasons I can't stand some NTs:

1) They worship logic and discount faith
2) The "I'm enlightened/intelligent and you're a peon" attitude
3) The immature ones can be real arses

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
Reasons I can't stand some NTs:

1) They worship logic and discount faith
2) The "I'm enlightened/intelligent and you're a peon" attitude
3) The immature ones can be real arses

Funny, that all sounded like the same reason to me.

freebird

MBTI Type
INTP
I've found that oftentimes when I'm misunderstood, I have an explanation that would clarify the situation and prove I'm not the insensitive or misguided person that someone assumes I am. Unfortunately, explaining takes energy I don't always feel like expending (especially if I've tried this before with the same person to no avail) and I can even have a problem putting the idea/explanation into words. Sometimes I feel trapped in my brain being unable to express myself in touchy-feelly ways.

My brain-world barrier (introversion) is a good thing at times and not at others. One of my best friends once asked me (before she knew me so well) if I think much or if I am just a happy person who doesn't feel the need to ponder. Seriously... sometimes I wish I could download my thoughts into other peoples heads so they could get the whole picture when I can't explain it.

Jeximo

MBTI Type
INTP
I find it so tedious when I need to go into full detail explanations of how/why my actions/thoughts are the way they are... At the end of nearly every interaction, I have the other person agreeing with what I said in the first place.
Most times I wonder if it's worth my time at all to explain.

I've also noticed more recently when I put myself into a talkative state (extroversion), people tend to respond quite nicely.. but HOLY it drains me, I feel so fake and superficial.. It's almost as if I'm mocking other extroverts ha.

ISeekToJustify

MBTI Type
ISTJ
1) INTs have no hand-eye coordination.
2) They are terrible at sports.
3) INTs wouldn't be very good in a fight.
4) And just plain nerdy.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ

I apparently have good hand-eye coordination: I improved quickly at tennis and table tennis with little practice.
I also was pretty dominant in the sparring portion of my taekwondo class.

So what does that make me?

ISeekToJustify

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I apparently have good hand-eye coordination: I improved quickly at tennis and table tennis with little practice.
I also was pretty dominant in the sparring portion of my taekwondo class.

So what does that make me?

Oh I was talking about being naturally good at sport.
Of course anyone will become good at a sport if they practice enough.
I was talking more about how a sensor tends to be better a sport.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
4) And just plain nerdy.

1. Because they don't need it that much. :yes:

2. Your point ?:huh:

3. But they are intelligent enough to stay out of it. Or they are sneaky enough to solve their problems on some devious way when nobody is watching . :devil:

4. You have something against nerds? :D

Last edited:

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Because they don't need it that much. :yes:

2. Your point ?:huh:

3. But they are inteligent enough to stay out of it. Or they are sneaky enough to solve their problems on some devious way when nobody is watching . :devil:

4. You have something against nerds? :D

....the irony of misspelling "intelligent"

MBTI Type
INxJ
4) And just plain nerdy.

I fence, play tennis, and dance. While it's true that I sucked at first, I became better after practice.

What's wrong with being nerdy?

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I've also noticed more recently when I put myself into a talkative state (extroversion), people tend to respond quite nicely.. but HOLY it drains me, I feel so fake and superficial.. It's almost as if I'm mocking other extroverts ha.

Me too. It's a bit disconcerting, but it seems to be what's expected where I work, so I learnt how to do it. I have a similar reaction to it to you.

4) And just plain nerdy.

I have excellent hand-eye coordination and I was ok at several sports (or used to be, rather - I'm unfit and out of shape at the moment).

Oh I was talking about being naturally good at sport.
Of course anyone will become good at a sport if they practice enough.
I was talking more about how a sensor tends to be better a sport.

I disagree with the bolded bit. I've seen some people practice and practice but never get out of the awkward uncoordinated gumby stage.

And I also disagree with your assumption that sensors tend to be better at sport. I know so many counter-examples (both with Ns being good at sport and Ss being bad at it) to be able to agree with your generalisation.

Jeximo

MBTI Type
INTP
4) And just plain nerdy.

Errmmm. This couldn't be further from the truth.

1) Excellent hand-eye coordination.
2) Play striker in a soccer league.
3) Greenbelt-blue stripe in taekwon-do training only with blackbelts to improve (Much beyond anything around my own belt) I think any INTJ's with a condescending and general sarcastic tone require at least some sort of training.
4) Don't care for opinions.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've found that oftentimes when I'm misunderstood, I have an explanation that would clarify the situation and prove I'm not the insensitive or misguided person that someone assumes I am. Unfortunately, explaining takes energy I don't always feel like expending (especially if I've tried this before with the same person to no avail) and I can even have a problem putting the idea/explanation into words. Sometimes I feel trapped in my brain being unable to express myself in touchy-feelly ways.

My brain-world barrier (introversion) is a good thing at times and not at others. One of my best friends once asked me (before she knew me so well) if I think much or if I am just a happy person who doesn't feel the need to ponder. Seriously... sometimes I wish I could download my thoughts into other peoples heads so they could get the whole picture when I can't explain it.

Hello, twin. :hi:

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
4) And just plain nerdy.

1) I grant the klutziness
2) Depends on the sport but, for the most part, correct.
3) I have never lost a physical fight.
4) Yeah, so what?

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
INTs:
1) can't keep body and soul together,

2) they know it,

3) they try to fix it.