• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
both of my parents are NT's so I am quite qualified in this area.

1. they are warm and fuzzy on the outside and cold and hard on the inside
2. tell you you are too sensitive if you feel anything
3. they make fun of emotional events and people

Opivy1980

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ok here is why I think OTHER personality types think INT's suck:

1. Arrogance- We can't help the fact we are better than you in most ways, if you were as smart and capable as us you would be able to come up with a better argument. That not our fault that's your fault for trying to engage and intellectually superior animal, my cat doesn't try to debate me so you shouldn't either.

2. Lack of emotion- If more people would actually analyze a situation maybe they wouldn't react like a complete retard when things don't go there way.

3. Lack of social skills- We have social skills we just don't choose to use them on you, I like interacting with people I deem worthy of my time, not some worthless borderline ape that barely knows how to put together more than monosyllabic sentences.

There's my 3 I'm sure it will piss off more than a few people but ask any INT what they think of intellectual inferiority and see if they don't agree.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Ok here is why I think OTHER personality types think INT's suck:

1. Arrogance- We can't help the fact we are better than you in most ways, if you were as smart and capable as us you would be able to come up with a better argument. That not our fault that's your fault for trying to engage and intellectually superior animal, my cat doesn't try to debate me so you shouldn't either.

2. Lack of emotion- If more people would actually analyze a situation maybe they wouldn't react like a complete retard when things don't go there way.

3. Lack of social skills- We have social skills we just don't choose to use them on you, I like interacting with people I deem worthy of my time, not some worthless borderline ape that barely knows how to put together more than monosyllabic sentences.

There's my 3 I'm sure it will piss off more than a few people but ask any INT what they think of intellectual inferiority and see if they don't agree.
There are many of us here who do not agree. Sorry.

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
"In my course I have known and, according to my measure, have cooperated with great men, and I have never yet seen any plan which has not been mended by the observations of those who are much inferior in understanding to the person who took the lead in the business" - Edmund Burke

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
"In my course I have known and, according to my measure, have cooperated with great men, and I have never yet seen any plan which has not been mended by the observations of those who are much inferior in understanding to the person who took the lead in the business" - Edmund Burke
I have, many, but it is a good observation, because it often happens.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yes -- misanthropy doesn't improve a man.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think the whole tone of this post is indicative of why other types don't like certain INTXs.

Honestly, you don't sound unemotional to me or as if intellect is your primary motivation; you sound like you've barely managing to restrain a lot of inner anger and frustration based (I suppose) on past interactions with other types of people.

A poor reaction to this sort of approach is not really indicative of emotionalism stemming from the listener but from the speaker.

(I suppose I could pretend to be an NF and try to empathize more with you, but I'm not much in the mood today and figure you'll better appreciate a direct and generally uncushioned approach.)

Opivy1980

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think the whole tone of this post is indicative of why other types don't like certain INTXs.

Honestly, you don't sound unemotional to me or as if intellect is your primary motivation; you sound like you've barely managing to restrain a lot of inner anger and frustration based (I suppose) on past interactions with other types of people.

A poor reaction to this sort of approach is not really indicative of emotionalism stemming from the listener but from the speaker.

(I suppose I could pretend to be an NF and try to empathize more with you, but I'm not much in the mood today and figure you'll better appreciate a direct and generally uncushioned approach.)

The worst sin in the world is incompetence, it causes stagnation and lack of creativity. My point was not just to show my frustration but to explain to other personality types, especially sensors, why we have a hard time with them. I don't believe in being politically correct and I don't believe that "everybody is equal" just because they happen to share some of the same genetic structure as myself. Deep down, don't most INT's get tired of having to pretend to care about what others think, and that we are the anomalies and not the standard? What do you think would happen if the actual producers did just quit as in Atlas Shrugged? Don't you think our superiority might be more apparent to the rest? I don't believe in discrimination of most types but I do believe that discrimination based on ability should be practiced voraciously. If logic and rational thought were actually held to the regard they should be we wouldn't need to have a thread that asks us, "Top 3 reasons INT sucks?" Which in my eyes is really asking "Top 3 reasons that INT's don't get the respect they should."

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The worst sin in the world is incompetence, it causes stagnation and lack of creativity.

That's typical of INTJ's in particular. If I had to describe it for myself (being a slightly different type), I generally dislike incompetence but what I hate more is a lack of precision/nuance.

My point was not just to show my frustration but to explain to other personality types, especially sensors, why we have a hard time with them.

Well, it wasn't the point of the thread, was it? You can feel free to voice your complaints in a different one; this thread was about why other types generally complain about INTs. But you sort of nicely twisted it around in order to drive the knife back in.

There are other threads dedicated to what is frustrating about SPs or SJs or NFs, where that sort of response is more appropriate.

I don't believe in being politically correct and I don't believe that "everybody is equal" just because they happen to share some of the same genetic structure as myself.

Are you better than anyone else? What makes you better? And why is your standard of "what is better" more valid than another human beings? This is what Ni is about: Realizing that standards are somewhat arbitrary and derived from the values of the person creating the standards, and thus more often than not "spun" to some degree. (Maybe answers to these questions would fit better in another thread; if the conversation does go that way, I'll move the posts and reorganize a bit, so we don't unnecessarily derail this one.)

Deep down, don't most INT's get tired of having to pretend to care about what others think, and that we are the anomalies and not the standard?

I think when I was in my 20's and first learning how to deal with people, I did feel that way.

Things gradually changed for me, though, the more that I learned how to truly empathize with others and put myself in their shoes, and REALLY see things from their perspective (not just seeing things AS MYSELF from their perspective, but seeing them AS THEM from THEIR perspective -- that distinction is very important for real empathy to occur).

What do you think would happen if the actual producers did just quit as in Atlas Shrugged? Don't you think our superiority might be more apparent to the rest? I don't believe in discrimination of most types but I do believe that discrimination based on ability should be practiced voraciously.

Oh, I agree with you there. We need to discriminate according to ability... but that is a far cry from saying we can broadly discriminate as one type being better than another simply as human beings go.

So I might want an INT for something involving vision, and seeing the potential flaws in a plan/vision, and getting distinctions correct.

But if I had to build the thing, I'd incorporate more STJ types; if I wanted to trouble-shoot, I might go more with STP types; if I wanted someone to maintain the system, I'd go more SJ types; if I wanted someone to convince others to buy into the system, I might go with more SFP types; if I wanted people to envision how the system might best help people and fit into life, I might go with NF types.

Who is "best" primarily depends on the desired goal. Hence, no type is truly "better" than another. Frankly, INTs suck when it comes to encouraging people, helping them work smoothly together, and building a unified front. Our strengths make us weak in that area.

If logic and rational thought were actually held to the regard they should be we wouldn't need to have a thread that asks us, "Top 3 reasons INT sucks?" Which in my eyes is really asking "Top 3 reasons that INT's don't get the respect they should."

Well... that was an assumed bias on your part, because the question was not tailored to consider only "logic and reason." Perhaps you should check out the other 2 or 3 threads covering why the other archetypes "suck" and how these threads were viewed by most of the other participants. (Maybe you weren't aware the other threads were around, so you saw this thread as a directed attack and responded defensively? That's what I'm perceiving now... <shrug>)

Mac

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. We have to deal with overly-sensitive idiots who don't make sense 90% of the time.

2. Society doesn't understand us and our way of thinking. They feel there is something wrong with us and we need to be changed to what they consider is normal.

3. Outsiders view us as cold and unemotional. Just because we choose not to show our feelings doesn't mean we don't have them. We are just able to control them and detach in order to become clear thinkers.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Wow:smiley_violin: ! Is it pretty typical of some INTJs to be cry babies?!? I hadn't noticed this until the last few posts where JJJs statement proved to be spot on. I thought NFs had the corner on the market but I see we have some serious competition!!! Underneath it all we are just alike (group :hug: time).

Cerpin_Taxt

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes -- misanthropy doesn't improve a man.

I dont completely agree. Granted I think geniune misanthropy is worthless, but I think one needs to recognize the fundamental flaw in humanities workings, and realize that that flaw is certainly something to be despised and attempted to overcome.

I guess what I'm proposing isn't really misanthropy at all -- although one could call it humanitarian misanthropy, I think Confucius was given this label -- but rather an embracing of the abyss or darkness that resides in human conciousness in an attempt to overcome it, rather then continuing on this delusional self destructive path.

I suppose i'm just sick and tired of being told i should like humans cause humans are gwaet, there just gwaet. I think to much emphasis is put on a shallow liking of others.

Cerpin_Taxt

MBTI Type
INTP
Sorry i forget the OP's question -- damn P.

1. Were human.
2. We have to live with the burden of being better then others.
3. We have trouble seeing past our intellectual prejudices.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
One of the most important moment in an INTX's mental development is when he or she realizes that all types have their suitable roles and are equally necessary. We're fortunate in that our particular roles have the potential for extremely high pay-offs. The price is that, yeah, we have to cope with being different. Uniqueness is intruiging in that it is both the reward and the price: the reward? You're unique. The price? You're unique.

Especially for younger INTX's, it can be all too easy to look down upon the other types, but doing so is both a defense mechanism and a dreaded value-based judgement. When you (the general you, here) learn to look beyond this and quit allowing it to cloud your judgement, your assessments and, consequentially, your intellectual horizons, expand rapidly. Something that should be desirable to any NT, I would think!

Anywho, I'll get off the soap box and stop rerouting the topic now.

Last edited:

Cerpin_Taxt

MBTI Type
INTP
One of the most important moment in an INTX's mental development is when he or she realizes that all types have their suitable roles and are equally necessary. We're fortunate in that our particular roles are two of the most important and have the potential for extremely high pay-offs. The price is that, yeah, we have to cope with being different. Uniqueness is intruiging in that it is both the reward and the price: the reward? You're unique. The price? You're unique.

Especially for younger INTX's, it can be all too easy to look down upon the other types, but doing so is both a defense mechanism and a dreaded value-based judgement. When you (the general you, here) learn to look beyond this and quit allowing it to cloud your judgement, your assessments and, consequentially, your intellectual horizons, expand rapidly. Something that should be desirable to any NT, I would think!

Anywho, I'll get off the soap box and stop rerouting the topic now.

At my current state of intellectual development I see all of us as equally unnecessary, it might pass, it might not.

And to clarify, when I said:

2. We have to live with the burden of being better then others.

I was joking, were just as shit as everyone else....can you feel the love.:hug:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Give your top three reasons for why it does, or would, suck to be an INT.

My three reasons:

1/ There aren't enough of us. Hence, the feeling of "not fitting in" or "being an outcast" carries a heavy burden through our entire lives.

2/ Over-thinking and under-doing is a major source of conflict.

3/ Our genius is severely underrated by the society at large.

(I'm glad I limited myself. I could probably come up with a thousand reasons if I thought about it long enough. I guess this is an example of reason #2.)
True.

An INTP thing only.

An NP thing in general.

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
1. We fancy ourselves as intellectual, misunderstood renegades who cannot be bothered to interact wholeheartedly with the rest of the world because we're superior.

2. We get frustrated by equally valid approaches to life because they seem so foreign, emotional and irrational.

3. We mean parts one and two only halfway in jest.