• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
snarky mode=on

INTs suck to avoid pregnancy

snarky mode=off

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
If I trust my reasoning process, how can I not trust my conclusions? Because I am aware that all data is faulty and/or incomplete... leading to ambiguous conclusions at some level.

That's very INTP, not very NTJ and not as ENTP.

The form of arrogance comes in different ways. One is to assert the certainty of one's superiority, often through dismissal of another's ideas. Another is to assert the absolute value our methodology - for example, Bluewings unwillingness to look at something any other way than 'logic'.

The INT nature is to be passive aggressive in terms of arrogance, comapred to ENTs. It does come out when interacting but is rarely pro-actively overbearing.

This post contains hidden irony. Can you see it?

This one too, I assume? :D

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
The INT nature is to be passive aggressive in terms of arrogance, comapred to ENTs. It does come out when interacting but is rarely pro-actively overbearing.

Can you elaborate here? Passive aggressive behaviour is second only to being misunderstood when it comes to Most Annoying Thing Ever.

No, It's a trick question - like mine ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's very INTP, not very NTJ and not as ENTP.

Thank you! So can I get my INTP membership card stamped now? :D

The form of arrogance comes in different ways. One is to assert the certainty of one's superiority, often through dismissal of another's ideas. Another is to assert the absolute value our methodology - for example, Bluewings unwillingness to look at something any other way than 'logic'.

:sick: I hope he realizes that complete reliance on logic is... illogical?

Yes, ENTs seem far more transparent with this...

This one too, I assume? :D

The Prestige: "Are you watching closely?"

It's always fun to draw a definite conclusion about how indefinite my conclusion-drawing ability is. [Or was there another one I missed?]

Can you elaborate here? Passive aggressive behaviour is second only to being misunderstood when it comes to Most Annoying Thing Ever.

I took it to mean that INTPs try to quell any arrogant outbursts, just to avoid trouble, but inside they can sometimes build up a lot of resentment against the "intellectually inferior/lazy" others who eventually they will retaliate against, either in an emotional outburst or just by seeking to quietly avoid or ignore or undermine them. [i.e., a Real-Life "Ignore" feature... because that person's thinking/viewpoint is inferior/untrustworthy]

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

Passive aggressive relates to agreeing to something then simply not following through. It is typically (and originally) related to orders.

The INT version is... "I respect your view" but then the delivery, the attitude, the word choice, the inflection is "You are an idiot, my way is right". It is inherently passive by nature, but still extremely sabotaging otherwise.

It's the equivalent of a back handed compliment like "That dress makes you look less fat".

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think this is INT but INTP. I know it's certainly not INTJ.

I don't know, I have a nasty habit of procrastinating. The problem is that I conceptualize too much. I'm a perfectionist that way, and sometimes I don't get around to doing things because I'm afraid of being incompetent.

Js, could also procrastinate and even be lazy because they have a hard time breaking habits. NJs could be even worse at this, since clear structure and routine enables them to zone out. Also, it's in the N's nature to have a vivid mental conception of what might go wrong. Coupled with a J function, I would suspect that NJs would believe their Intuitive conceptions and choose not to do act upon them because of the Judging function's fear of wasting time.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I took it to mean that INTPs try to quell any arrogant outbursts, just to avoid trouble, but inside they can sometimes build up a lot of resentment against the "intellectually inferior/lazy" others who eventually they will retaliate against, either in an emotional outburst or just by seeking to quietly avoid or ignore or undermine them. [i.e., a Real-Life "Ignore" feature... because that person's thinking/viewpoint is inferior/untrustworthy]

That would describe me very well. I get into trouble when I ignore or undermine a boss (or military superior) because I believe their way of thinking is flawed ... or simply that they are morons.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Backhanded compliments I understand and agree - passive aggresive. A really poor sport.

Dismissing someone out of hand, no insult, no explanation, is passive aggressive? That I don't hold with. If someone is not worth my time then they're not worth the time it takes to tell them that, and I don't.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dismissing someone out of hand, no insult, no explanation, is passive aggressive? That I don't hold with. If someone is not worth my time then they're not worth the time it takes to tell them that, and I don't.

Well, it probably is not what's normally considered passive-aggressive, because the INTP is so passive.

So there's a passive first response, and then the "aggressive" response in this case is avoiding/ignoring/discounting the other person in the future. (The mature response would be to take each issue on its own terms, I guess, and actually discuss it in case it has value.)

ptgatsby said:
It's also very INFP. :hug:

:dry: [puts gatsby on ignore]

curmudgeon

1. Always looking for ways to improve things (not always appreciated)
2. Overanalyzing everything (which can get in the way of doing)
3. Approaching other peoples' problems with solutions, rather than with empathy

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, it probably is not what's normally considered passive-aggressive, because the INTP is so passive.

Pardon, Jennifer, I was referring to intJs here because I was using myself as an example :blush:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Backhanded compliments I understand and agree - passive aggresive. A really poor sport.

In the strictest terms, it's not passive aggressive. I'm using it as an analogy. If we really get down into transactional analysis or something similar, with pre-written behaviour scripts, there is an argument for it being a form of PA behaviour... but it's not really an important point.

This is about how we interact with people - so if you are sitting down at a table talking to someone, what happens is that you'll find a way to assert your dominance over them and their ideas. If they say something you don't like, it isn't just rational... the arrogance comes out in how you dismiss the other person. Not as a permanent thing, but in how you convey that dismissal.

It is effectively being a 'bad sport' - if two people are playing sports together, that kind of behaviour would be defined as 'bad sport'. It'd be like trash talking. Even from our perspective, trying to help the other person out turns into a "look at me go, I'm so good, you suck" attitude! Nevermind that the attitude that we are the 'better' one is arrogant to start with.

(Edit: Jennifer is correct, INTPs would fall under PA for sure... and INTJs do something similar, but I wouldn't call it PA. Either way, they both share the same dismissal, which is the core of being superior and therefore arrogant)