• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
  • Procrastination
  • Being one of the rubbish ones makes you a bane and a nuisance to the rest of humanity
  • Self-pity: Being aware of the aforementioned and then constantly reminding yourself about it through explanation and logical/reason deduction. (Seemingly the purpose of this thread).

Moi

MBTI Type
INTJ
1.Being out numbered. Therefore best route to happiness seems to be for all of us to adapt our mode of interaction, rather than everyone else changing.
2.Being too logical risks oversimplification. Maybe we don't consider how people feel, but doesn't mean that emotion has no impact - just has an impact that can be mystifying :)
3.Living in a rule-driven world

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I prefer not to use psychic energy towards this, but I'll do one better and post solutions to the problems I've posted. first off, I'm an INTP

1. naturally made for the top of the ladder, but forced to start at the bottom. - create autotelic personality early on and try to align goals with the program for a little bit

2. in school, forced to study at pace with the slowest student in class. - do homework or spin ideas while time whizzes by, thus making time for more awesomer things

3. currently living in a hedonistic, sensate civilzation. - acknowledge that there are many more foot soldiers (sensors) than intuitives. properly honed intuitives are leaders and strategists to have sensors carry out the plan.

if you do believe in INT superiority, act the part, no complaints. :)

but I think that INT's have helped contribute to the world at large more than any other type. so, dream bigger, do bigger, discipline yourself and mature yourself like you were meant to be.

quaeresne

MBTI Type
INTJ
1) Being prone to over-thought/under-action.
2) Difficulty in making/finding suitable friends.
3) The tendency to deny/suppress/intellectualize emotions.

But maybe that's just me. :p

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
1) Being prone to over-thought/under-action.
2) Difficulty in making/finding suitable friends.
3) The tendency to deny/suppress/intellectualize emotions.

But maybe that's just me. :p

Ouch, you hit a weak spot.
It is not just you :hi:

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
1. Some are convinced that being an NT automatically makes you a genius.
2. The NT description sure sounds cool ;)
3. What quaeresne said.

Other than that I enjoy myself and my life, so far.

Last edited:

sycayersou

MBTI Type
INTP
1- My logic is barely ever appreciated by my principle friend, who is ExfP, and simply stares blankly at me whenever I make one of my sad attempts at a joke.
2- Being told that I am "too arrogant", "on a high horse", "self-important" and so on and so forth, when I'm simply stating things the way I see them
3- Being part of a minority. Although many people may see this as a blessing, it's more of a curse in disguise. How many times can people tell me I'm "weird", "a freak", "abnormal", or "odd" before I start to resent it?

May I add a fourth? Well, it's more of a "qft", actually.
4- What quaeresne said: "The tendency to deny/suppress/intellectualize emotions."

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1- My logic is barely ever appreciated by my principle friend, who is ExfP, and simply stares blankly at me whenever I make one of my sad attempts at a joke.
2- Being told that I am "too arrogant", "on a high horse", "self-important" and so on and so forth, when I'm simply stating things the way I see them
3- Being part of a minority. Although many people may see this as a blessing, it's more of a curse in disguise. How many times can people tell me I'm "weird", "a freak", "abnormal", or "odd" before I start to resent it?

May I add a fourth? Well, it's more of a "qft", actually.
4- What quaeresne said: "The tendency to deny/suppress/intellectualize emotions."

Those are good reasons to hate being an INTx. Glad I'm an INFJ. ;) But seriously, there are more people out there like you than you think. You just haven't found them yet, because they don't stand out much and are hard to find, being so introverted.

As far as I'm concerned, it's only arrogance if you're certain of something and you can't prove it.

Yes, I imagine that even though you're awkward socially, there's still a lingering desire to be liked and belong somewhere that never gets fulfilled due to... well, you being an INTx. The conflict comes from needing autonomy, yet still wanting to be liked and belong somewhere. That middle ground can be hard to find. I wish you good luck.

No one really knows how to work through their emotions without practice. Some people are better at sensing others feelings, or describing their own feelings, but no one is really any better at dealing with their feelings, or knowing which ones they should follow without making mistakes. Although I imagine it can be more painful when you don't have an outlet for the feelings, and find it hard to relate your feelings to the feelings of others.

Anyway, three reasons I would presume it sucks to an INTx:

1. Self-deprecating and perfectionistic.

2. Feels just as much other people, but can neither express it well, nor easily recognize their own emotions in others.

3. Struggling with internal and external conflicts because of the differences between their own needs, and the needs of most other people.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
How many times can people tell me I'm "weird", "a freak", "abnormal", or "odd" before I start to resent it?

Your whole life. Because they never stop saying it. I don't resent it though. Embracing your weirdness or oddness or whatever truly helps and it never matters what anyone says afterwards.

Annuit Coeptis

MBTI Type
intp
INTJs don't suck.

But they are very boring.

And they project that they are of a lesser creative order because they never stray off the beaten path. This has been my experience at least.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs don't suck.

But they are very boring.

And they project that they are of a lesser creative order because they never stray off the beaten path. This has been my experience at least.
I think you're mistaking us for ISTJs. We're really rare and are seldom seen. Even if you see one of us, you probably never talk to us, but if you do, it'll probably be brief. As such, you've probably never known one of us.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
who has to suck ?

Can offer ground for sucking xD

ssrprotege

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Self-reflection as an NT:

1: I can't help second-guessing myself, because my work never seems perfect to me.
2: Have hard time translating my ideas into words. I go crazy if I know I have hard time translating them into words (I think it's more applicable for INTJ's and INTP's)
3: Lack of understanding of social conventions and interpersonal skills.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Always looking for ways to improve things (not always appreciated)
2. Overanalyzing everything (which can get in the way of doing)
3. Approaching other peoples' problems with solutions, rather than with empathy

You could be talking about my husband...:doh:!!! (He's an INTJ, I'm sure!!!) And he drives me crazyyyyyyyyyyyy sometimes!

My ISFJ wife has taught me a lot about this. At the end of the day ... if she vents ... I try to giver her sympathy/empathy instead of trying to solve her problems. It turns out to be a lot less stressful for me, as I could not solve her work-related problems anyway.

YAY...finally an INT who understands!!! :party2:

*Warning Over-dramatization* ~I get the feeling this thread is a set-up :) let me help~
3 reasons INTXs suck:
1. I'm so logical it hurts. I must be as complicated as possible when communicating to make sure no one knows whether I am right or wrong unless they are willing to break out a dictionary. Don't worry ;) you could never be as smart as me anyway!
2. I'm totally and completely misunderstood *sniffle*. I cannot however do anything to change that as it will infringe upon my autonomy!! Who needs other people anyway? It's so illogical to want friends.
3. I'm sorry but no, I cannot take your feelings into consideration before I speak.
Feelings are bad news avoid them at all costs!!! Lucky for me I don't have any!!!

hahahaha! :D

Sling

MBTI Type
N358
:D

useless.jpg

MBTI Type
INxJ
Self-reflection as an NT:

1: I can't help second-guessing myself, because my work never seems perfect to me.
2: Have hard time translating my ideas into words. I go crazy if I know I have hard time translating them into words (I think it's more applicable for INTJ's and INTP's)
3: Lack of understanding of social conventions and interpersonal skills.

Oy, definitely because everything can still always use improvement. You just have to judge it by the quality of work someone else expects from you. That would be your stopping point.

I understand social conventions, but I don't care. It's a waste of time.

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1)Trying to see/understand why people need touchy-feely bonding stuff.( I just don't get it.)
2)Trying to figure out what reaction people want from me when I am confronted with strong emotion.
3)Being misunderstood; whether it be to my own genius, idiocy of others, etc.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. The internal struggle to fight my overwhelming desire to fix problems when presented, some people just want to complain.

2. Constant comments like "are you ok, you don't look happy” or simply having “smile” yelled at me by someone with a big cheesy grin. Not only are you misinterpreting my lack of smile as me being in a bad mood but now you’re barking orders at me. Not funny.

3. Instinctive loathing of small talk despite its importance in social rituals. I honestly don’t care about the procedures you need to follow at your work for ordering paper *shrug* and faking interest is tiring.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
These probably apply more to me personally than to all INT's, but I'll go ahead anyway 'cause it's fun.

1.) For younger INT's: inability to keep part-time retail jobs past the 90 day trial period due to quitting, lateness, absenteeism, disobedience, and lack of respect for the customers as well as for the management.

2.) Inability to understand how the movie "The Butterfly Effect" is deep (no offense if you happen to have liked it...you still won't convince me that it is profound). This is not a clever reverse-self-compliment either. As someone who used to work at Blockbuster during highschool, right at the time when the movie came out on DVD, this one landed me on a lot of people's shit lists.

3.) Inability to be interesting or say anything interesting to anyone but yourself.

Edit:

4.) Attempts at lightheartedness come off as either weird or curmudgeonly.