• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
1. No one listens to us, so they doom themselves along with the human race.
2. Absolutely no people skills. Worst part about this is that you have to learn most of them via experience. :shock: Me want read.
3. Zero emotional intelligence.

LisainCA

MBTI Type
?N?P
If INTs think they are so competent and so correct all the time, what happens when INTs disagree with each other? Is it a free for all? "You're the moron!" "No, you're the moron!" I mean, obviously the current administration is full of a bunch of INTJs and we've all had to live with the consequences of following them. What would it take to get through their thick skulls? Another INT, I would imagine. An INTP would probably be the best type for getting INTJs out of their spiral of asshole-ishness.

nanashi

MBTI Type
INTJ
LisainCA:

not all INTs look down on people and are assholes! Valuing competence doesn't mean we can't value people. I see them as beautiful and interesting and full of potential.

nanashi

MBTI Type
INTJ
Mort Belfry:

INTJ theist here who has atheist ENFP and ESTP friends. Being an INT affects how you deal with life or how you approach it...it (obviously since you and I differ) doesn't result in your having the same viewpoint on every subject/conclusions.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Who do we not have an opposing thread for ENTs?

Because we love them so much for swabbing our ears and looking up our noses?

Also, when it comes to INTs and people: we can value and love people as people, but we don't want incompetent people in charge of anything of importance. It's not that we don't love you. It's nothing personal, honest, but Homer Simpson, we're going to have to fire you because you'll potentially cause another Chernobyl... Oh no, not the 'I have a wife and three kids' speech again...

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
It is never personal, but always interpreted as such.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Here's why INTs suck:

1) If they have a bad idea, it is impossible to convince them otherwise until catastrophic, visible failure because they have thought it through with their own LOGIC (tm) and your input is not appreciated.
2) On the off chance they have a good idea, they do not feel the need to share it with the rest of the world because their LOGIC (tm) tells them that the rest of the world wouldn't appreciated it or want it, and therefore doesn't need to know.
3) On top of this, they don't make very appealing friends. No matter how trustworthy and decent an INT is, they will not loan you their stuff because they just know that you'll break/lose it, and they are extremely awkward and useless at giving any sort of emotional support. They can be witty on occasion, but this is more likely to win them enemies than friends (note: see all satirists, living and dead).

Because of this, the INT is a dead appendage to society. Why would God create such a wretched, useless creature? The only reason I can think of is that these creatures are a leftover from Unintelligent Design.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Rofl, you are one. How can we trust what you think if you just said that you were a useless, dead appendage?

Hmm..."Suck" is relative and subjective (yes, I will say this repeatedly). IMO INTs are the attempt from God to create a smarter species of human, but miserably failing in giving them too much apathy. Plus more than half of them do not find a meaning to life anyway.

LisainCA

MBTI Type
?N?P
Nanashi,

It's refreshing to hear that you value people. The INTs I know see people as interesting only in terms of how useful they are to said INT.

INTs value competence only in very narrow fields. Everyone is competent at something. If they valued competence, they would be as open armed to the world as they could be, rather than as closed off as they are.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
are you ENFP? ;)
(answering one limiting cliche with an other one)

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Is this all you can come up with? Thats not good enough. Come on, REALLY bash us! Be competent in your bashing.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
All NTs want is competency when it comes down to things that are important.

The only issue is that because of an INT's abominable people skills, they perpetually come off as offensive.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
If people are not worried about people skills, are you saying that INTJs, in reality, do not suck as much as they seem too?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Mort Belfry:

INTJ theist here who has atheist ENFP and ESTP friends. Being an INT affects how you deal with life or how you approach it...it (obviously since you and I differ) doesn't result in your having the same viewpoint on every subject/conclusions.

Your first mistake: Taking what I say too seriously.

Your second mistake: Being a theist. :party2:

*****APPLAUSE*****

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If people are not worried about people skills, are you saying that INTJs, in reality, do not suck as much as they seem too?

If that were the case, it may be true...

But nobody actually does not care about people skills. They may say that they don't, and everybody has different thresholds, but in all actuality, nobody actually does not care at all about people skills.

So, unless the INT has practice, INT automatically loses.

Sucks to be them.

...I mean... us.

If I do not go by personal experience and simply by profiles, then INTs are terrible creatures. They may be incredibly useful for some things, but due to stubbornness and lack of people skills, they're not likely to be listened to or even well-liked. Only those who actually take their time to get to know them would get anything out of the relationship, and the vast majority of people aren't willing to take that time. That said, I've had mixed experiences with INTs in real life. Some are terrible, some are great, but all of them have the potential to get frustrating -- but then again, so does everybody.

On threads like these, I was going on the assumption that they meant generalization. Automatically when we decide to generalize, we lose accuracy for the sake of a broader definition. So, it's not to say that all INTs have no people skills, it's that they don't have them naturally and have to work a lot harder to develop them. Also, it's nearly impossible to have no people skills at all, unless you've lived by yourself in the woods your whole life, no contact with people at all... INTs usually develop a minimal amount so they can get by. This is wise. If they want to get anything out of life, though, they usually have to develop them further.

LisainCA

MBTI Type
?N?P
<<All NTs want is competency when it comes down to things that are important.>>

What's important to be competent at is highly subjective.

LisainCA

MBTI Type
?N?P
The bottom line for INTJs is that they value correctness and competence and assume by definition that they are correct and competent when, in fact, they are often NOT correct or competent.

Just repeat after me over and over ad nauseum: "INTJs are no better. INTJs are no better. INTJs are no better."

(I'm specifying INTJs because they have a particular problem with this.)

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
The bottom line for INTJs is that they value correctness and competence and assume by definition that they are correct and competent when, in fact, they are often NOT correct or competent.

Just repeat after me over and over ad nauseum: "INTJs are no better. INTJs are no better. INTJs are no better."

(I'm specifying INTJs because they have a particular problem with this.)

Actually you are completely *right*..:hi:

I myself pride myself on my incorrectness and blazen incompetence. It's deliberate.

Edit: And done in a highly planned, correct & competent manner.

"Malpractice makes perfect".:devil:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
<<All NTs want is competency when it comes down to things that are important.>>

What's important to be competent at is highly subjective.

That may be true, but it doesn't change how much an INTJ (specifically, because you seem to be angry at them) desperately wants it.

One could say that anything is highly subjective. A want is, by definition, highly subjective. It's individual preference. INTJs, especially, have a clear idea of how things 'should' be run, and most of them understand that what they believe is good and correct and just is not shared by everybody (and dare I say, anybody), and they usually fall into despair because they think that everyone else is 'doing it wrong.'

This is a principle at the very core of an INTJ. Overcoming it either means maturity or insanity. No matter how many times you scream that they are not correct on the hilltops, they will not listen to you, because, hell, they're INTJs. It's something they have to figure out for themselves.

I'm sure that if you dig to the core of any MBTI, you're sure to find something disgusting, but because this is a "why INTs suck" thread, I'm not going to get into them all here. :tongue: