• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
- no idea whatsoever on how to do smalltalk
- needing time to "reload" on my own and then being called anti-social
- impatience that may lead to arrogance...

ms_ambivalence

MBTI Type
INTP
-indesisive
-seeming cold
-growing up thinking i was crazy when it turns out I'm just a nerd:shock:

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Like others mentioned,

1) Stereotype #1
2) Stereotype #2
3) Stereotype #3

NightSymphony

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I can give you 7:
[1x] Achilles' Heel is having Relationships
[2x] Being Uncaring
[3x] Being Egotistical
[4x] Being Perfectionist
[5x] Finding Flaws
[6x] Not a 'People' Person
[7x] Usually do things for Personal Benefit

Turbinado

MBTI Type
INTP
He (and my INTP son) also have an aversion to pushing things down into the garbage or trash, placing them gently on top where they're likely to drift out of the container. Sometimes I give a good push and an almost full basket is suddenly only half-full. This is strange to me as they both watch the goriest shows with aplomb, and my husband handled our kids' dirty diapers with no problem. Can anyone relate or explain?

Jae Rae

Ha ha ha. I do that.

Maybe, it's because the trash can isn't mine. My mom does most of the cooking so most of the kitchen trash is hers. I don't know what's in it, so I don't want to touch it. Because I really am filthy, I don't mind my own filth, but I am so squeamish about other people's houses that aren't perfectly clean.

And I say I can't bullshit.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Like others mentioned,

1) Stereotype #1
2) Stereotype #2
3) Stereotype #3

How pessimistic and flippant of you, Nadir. Do you mean to tell me you've lost faith in MBTI's predictive capacity? Actually, I don't blame you.

It seems to work, but only if you take the individual out of it. You'd have to take a large group of people that tested as the same type, and cite traits common to them to get a good picture of a type. Most individuals are too full of internal contradictions and idiosyncrasies to be properly typed, but groups are more stable in ways.

Anyway, here's my three cents again:

1. Unable to express wealth of internal compassion because their conscious personalities usually don't permit it.

2. Have tendency to rationalize (get it?) everything that isn't consistent with their current pet theory.

3. Can be so driven to find truth or intellectually achieve that they forget why their looking for it and don't see themselves becoming dejected by this until it hits them suddenly.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
1. Neglecting, abandoning, or failing to spark friendships at all.
2. Skipping tasks I see as a waste of my time and suffering the consequences for it, but clearly not caring, and so often punished furthermore for being flippant or arrogant.
3. Not meeting people worth meeting.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
- Going to a party and being more interested in fixing my friends computer/router/modem than mingling with my fellow party goers.

- An utter inability to sell a point/charm others unless it is absolutely essential.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
-Some don't grow up/are delusional
-Some don't make peace with reality
-Some need to learn to give things a rest: principles, independence, intellect, standards, etc.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
-Some need to learn to give things a rest: principles, independence, intellect, standards, etc.

Good call. I would also add that they should really just let that whole "feel like it's worth it to get up in the morning" thing go already. Yeesh.

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
Good call. I would also add that they should really just let that whole "feel like it's worth it to get up in the morning" thing go already. Yeesh.

Is this the thing you... earthlings... call "sarcasm", then, Captain Kirk? :huh:

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
1. Tend to dismiss things that aren't "logical" thefore thinking that their way of thinking is better than everyone else's (forming elitist attitudes or general apathy towards others opinions as a result)

2. Terrible with expressing their feelings (including those who they are close to and those that are close to them--at times resulting in hurt feelings and misunderstandings etc.)

3. Difficult to maintain close/long-lasting relationships with due to poor social/emotional skills.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Is this the thing you... earthlings... call "sarcasm", then, Captain Kirk? :huh:

Yeah, really, did I strike a chord or something? If so, I apologize, but I do think a lot of of us need to lighten up.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was hoping to get some input on this but I really can't because, unless I know the perspective I'm reading, I don't know how to weigh it. There are so many who's types are absent below their Avatars.

I've seen this on other threads too and see that some just don't know their type but wonder why anyone would deliberately leave their's off when they do know.

cdal233

MBTI Type
INTP
Schizoid Personality Disorder

"SPD is believed by some to correlate with the INTJ and INTP personality types in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)."

If already mentioned my bad. I think this is absolutely hilarious. The things they come up with these days...

Spirited_Away

MBTI Type
ENTP
i don't think it sux to be ENTP, knowing other people well from first sight gives me huge advantage to avoid usual NT troubles.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't think it sux to be ENTP, knowing other people well from first sight gives me huge advantage to avoid usual NT troubles.
You might add reading comprehension:

Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

sinnamon

MBTI Type
INTP
We are surrounded by stupid people who think we're the ones that are crazy
We say things very plainly & then spend the next 20 minutes explaining how we didn't mean to offend
We live inside our own heads all the damn time