• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I always lose stuff i had in my hand one minute ago.

Hah, try losing stuff that YOU'RE ACTUALLY STILL HOLDING IN YOUR HAND... running around asking people where the fuck your car keys are when you're twirling them obliviously around your fingers... that's probably what most of my stories to my grandkids will be about.

PH.

MBTI Type
INTP
Hah, try losing stuff that YOU'RE ACTUALLY STILL HOLDING IN YOUR HAND... running around asking people where the fuck your car keys are when you're twirling them obliviously around your fingers... that's probably what most of my stories to my grandkids will be about.

I had that today xD

I just took my bottle of water out of my bag and somehow forgot I did. Then I went searching in my bag for it and my classmate said: "uh.. you're holding it."

Well, I think they're used to me like that now. xD

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I once lost one of my children this way. He was like 6 months old and in my arms the entire time. In my defense we were running to make our connecting plane and I was like OMG where is your brother?? to my older son. :doh:

esidebill

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
1. Usually get bored with what you're talking about.
2. Usually get bored talking to you.
3. Losing things.

uncommonentity

Why you hate us:
1. We don't care about you
2. We won't do what you want us to do
3. We don't put up with a single ounce of your bullshit

Why we hate us:
1. Being an INTx is like being a doctor in a room full of clowns. Terms that come out of our mouths aren't understood. Intellectual jokes fall on deaf ears. But if someone else farts you all laugh and give them a million $ and a blowjob.
2. Hardly anyone to relate to at all. You grow up feeling like an only child despite how big your family is you're either considered and/or accepted as the weird one. Always the weird one. The one who 'doesn't count'.
3. People swarm you at a constant rate and try to feed off your knowledge and advice but never follow it and always come back for more until you cut them out of your life but then they always find a way back to you.

BONUS: You constantly question everything for validity. Even yourself at times and then start acting 'normal' and hanging around bad influences who drag you down to their level and make you feel like shit with all their emotional mind games compressing and supressing your unique talents and purpose in life as you chug another bottle of alcohol just to cope with how stale everyone around you is til you get sense slapped back into you by someone who actually cares. It's usually yourself because in reality no-one really pays close enough attention to you because you're the INTx you're supposed to have everything figured out from the womb.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

^ This must've sparked a lot of resentment in me because all I could think was "Fix it!".

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I once lost one of my children this way. He was like 6 months old and in my arms the entire time. In my defense we were running to make our connecting plane and I was like OMG where is your brother?? to my older son. :doh:
Home Alone esque

while someone sitting next to me was talking about them having forgotten their cell at home that day, I was wondering where my cell was while I got up and started to search for it cause it wasn't in my pocket, where it usually is, and all the while I was waiting for someone I was calling to receive the call I was making from my cell glued to my 'other' ear.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Only posting this here because most INTJ will "get" it - Truth is I love most INTJ, because like ENTP - everyone else in the room seems pretty stupid...

If only you could get over your paranoia - Knowing that everyone else is stupid (yes I am pandering to your Ni/Te), that means they are not capable of detecting or undoing your (ok - OUR) carefully laid plans. Really - it takes intelligence to even pick up on the plans we are laying!

So - here is my ode today for your Fi

INTJ's Fi is like a...

Oh great Fi – you are so AWE inspiring!!!
I know you are there – MY! Big hairy beast leaning over my shoulder
whispering into my ear to WARN ME (thank you),
Against any potential foe who does not ABIDE by my authority

Oh woe the foe who does not do exactly what I say…
Oh woe the foe who asks questions…
Oh woe the foe who does not worship at the altar of my immense knowledge…
Oh woe the foe who thinks before asking for permission…

They do not know the size of my fear, no wait, I mean - Big hairy beast - the beast always wins...

tifpod

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. Awkwardness around people. Can't get a good reading on what's "normal" around others.
2. Misunderstood sense of humor or the response that never fails: "Wait, are you serious?" (Related to #1)
3. Crippling perfectionism. I don't know if this is an INTJ thing or not, but it hounds my writing. Sometimes I just have to force myself to write stuff I know is bad even though it makes me cringe, just to get through it.

scorpiomover

Give your top three reasons for why it does, or would, suck to be an INT.

My three reasons:

1/ There aren't enough of us. Hence, the feeling of "not fitting in" or "being an outcast" carries a heavy burden through our entire lives.

2/ Over-thinking and under-doing is a major source of conflict.

3/ Our genius is severely underrated by the society at large.

(I'm glad I limited myself. I could probably come up with a thousand reasons if I thought about it long enough. I guess this is an example of reason #2.)
All 3 are basically saying: society prefers sociable doers, who aren't coming up with genius theories all the time, and just do as they are told: Drones.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Egotistical
Arrogant
Selfish

COLORATURA

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I know NOTHING. At least that is what I think. I also think that no one else knows anything. It is all "perceived" by whom was "perceiving."
I think Science is as valid as religion. Both are based upon "conclusions" made by other people...like people can be trusted!

I am probably pissing off other NT's even at this point...

This is something that I am good at, yet it is very annoying b/c no one wants to hear these things. Not to mention, I think about these kinds of things SO often, I get nothing "real" done! I can't keep up with my finances, but I can debate w/ anyone about the validity of their life perceptions!

RadiGen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Nine
I know NOTHING. At least that is what I think. I also think that no one else knows anything. It is all "perceived" by whom was "perceiving."
I think Science is as valid as religion. Both are based upon "conclusions" made by other people...like people can be trusted!

I am probably pissing off other NT's even at this point...

This is something that I am good at, yet it is very annoying b/c no one wants to hear these things. Not to mention, I think about these kinds of things SO often, I get nothing "real" done! I can't keep up with my finances, but I can debate w/ anyone about the validity of their life perceptions!
i can relate to this, we're really weird
sometimes i even question the level of reality/validity of this world, the more that it makes sense, the more it makes no sense

and btw... i noticed INTs appear elitist because they simply want to be with someone who understands them

COLORATURA

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i can relate to this, we're really weird
sometimes i even question the level of reality/validity of this world, the more that it makes sense, the more it makes no sense

and btw... i noticed INTs appear elitist because they simply want to be with someone who understands them

Wow...exactly. I am always looking to be understood...but unfortunately that rarely happens. Was with a man for 11 years and he never understood me. :(

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
When they don't give you a straight answer (eg for a statistics question) because of some (philosophical/technical) objection. :(

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It does not suck to be intx imo just realize 3 things. 1 everyone accepts you already 2 you're probably a lot more like everyone else than you care to admit this is a good thing that helps you connect with others 3 intxs are some of the most fun/looked up to/respected people in the culture look at how many characters on tv/movies are those types because people find them unique/interesting

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would also add ISTJ/P to the list.

Cold Roses

-Feeling like a major a-hole because INTJ is basically the opposite of what society thinks a woman should be about. I get caught up in that, and it makes me miserable occasionally.
On the other hand, much of the time that suits me just fine and my egotistical arse can get somewhat smug about it. So, yeah-that might be many shades of negative right there.
-Being emotionally inept was also a major feature for me, in the past. Had emotions. Didn't know what to do with them. Panic attack or total sideways behavior! That has resolved itself for a lot of reasons,
and in my understanding of this whole deal (which is still limited) maybe it's a fairly well developed tertiary function of Fi.
-Relationships are amusing. Let me just wait here while you come to me and tell me how you feel so that I might feel more comfortable telling you how I feel...that doesn't work out so hot when
you tend to fall for fellow INTJs.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-Feeling like a major a-hole because INTJ is basically the opposite of what society thinks a woman should be about.
But INTJ women don't usually give a hoot what society thinks. That's part and parcel of the type to begin with.

Let me just wait here while you come to me and tell me how you feel so that I might feel more comfortable telling you how I feel...that doesn't work out so hot when
you tend to fall for fellow INTJs.
Or INTPs.