• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Field is about reciprocity in a relationship?
We think reciprocity is about trust.
It is not.
Trust is field dependent.

FJ is about emotional field dependence:
Trust in authority figures: Religion and/or family/country.
ES is about manipulation of that trust.

Reciprocity is field independent. :)

Exactly.

We don't suck, we are awesome.
Stop INTernalizing the values of others.

CuoreAnnerito

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Five
Exactly.

I have to agree...we are pretty amazing in our own way. I think we have a bit of an advantage on the rest...as we dont let our emotions get in the way of what we really want. We are capable of doing anything we put our concentration to. :cheese:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You mean an NF is trying to find the good in the person and attempts to align with the persons emotions in attempts of misplaced empathetic and self destructive behaviour. Whilest the NT has seen through it all, figured he doesn't care, and goes like "Dude, whatever.". :D

I think purple meant: the tough act on the outside, which allows him to function and act in the real world now, is admirable, but an NF would see through that like a glass wall and see the scared little boy Snape was..and in some ways still is. And they would nod in understanding, and treasure that piece of innocence as much as the power Snape is able to wield when need be, coz it makes him human, unique, and ultimately beautiful.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Exactly.

Indeed. A good point.

Externalize the values of others.
Inevitably in the process you see your values from the outside as well.

Why I am I and you are you?
The outset is the beginning only in the end.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Indeed. A good point.

Very well. But which one of us is Alice? ;)

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Indeed. A good point.

is a WildCat?

There is a thing after the death. And a thing that precedes creation.

P.S. Additional proposition: wildcat is hardcore

Arkhitekton

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5-3
1. we are gifted with the ability to come up with complex philosophical ideas, great as this may be, it really isn't that useful of a gift... :(
2. creating complex philosophical ideas is absolutely useless unless other people can understand them... :doh:
3. simplifying our complex ideas so that simple minds can understand them leaves us exhausted... :steam:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I find internalizing my failures to be the most distressful. I understand that failing in itself isn't bad, but it seems my independent nature can't find anyone to blame but it's self, which I suppose makes me stronger, but is not good for my mentality towards life. It's difficult discerning what you can and can't control.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I find internalizing my failures to be the most distressful. I understand that failing in itself isn't bad, but it seems my independent nature can't find anyone to blame but it's self, which I suppose makes me stronger, but is not good for my mentality towards life. It's difficult discerning what you can and can't control.

Wow, I can really relate to this!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'd feel comforted if it wasn't so disconcerting, hahaha. I've spent a lot of my days understanding and logically trying to state and show what I can and cannot control, but it all ends up falling back to any decision you make, the irony being the difficulty of avoiding external influence. What do you suppose we do?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. The use of flow charts to explain everything from mushy corn flakes to complex sociological phenomena only to run against a lightpost 5 minutes later

2. "Okay, so she smiled at me all night, did that think where she wraps a strand of hair around her finger and forced her phone number on me... do you think she could be interested?"

3. Usernames like "Einstein123", "Superbrain", "GeniusHere", "Superiormind", "Masterthinker" or a simple (and at least very direct and honest) "IRockTheRestOfTheWorldSucks" give a first impression of some members´ self-perception

All in all most NTs I know are awsome though.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
1. Peoples utter abuse of the initial's "NT" in the quest for their confirmation and assurance of their intelligence and personal unqiueness. Seriously, some people on this site need to grow up, NT worship is unjustified.

2. Their ridiculously lengthy dissertations that cover only a single topic.

3. Being a arrogant pain in the ass.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
- INTJs don't exist in the real world.
- INTPs do exist, but they put on a non-nerdy attitude that makes them unrecognizable as INTPs.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
1) In my the same way that far too many seem to band around the INFJ label because they're under the delusion that they possess some sort of unfathomable emotional connection with other human beings (well in reality they're just skirt-chaser trying to get some tail), far too many people band around the INTP label to justify their own supposed intellectual superiority and their apparent right to be a jerk towards people who don't (or can't) interpret things the way they do.

2) Just because you're an INT doesn't mean you're right. Everyone has a different view on the world. Your's isn't the only way, and the "right" answers are developed and found through the combined sharing of ideas of many different people. If you cannot let other people's viewpoint is and grow from them, you are no better.

3) The regular disregard for the importance of feelings in how people react to things and figure out things. Acting like feelings are some sort of "barrier" to understanding, instead of contemplating the possibility that feelings may be part of the answer.

Obviously these are generalisations and don't apply to everyone, but INTs are sadly just as guilty of their stereotypes as any other type is.

Ignazio

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
You mean . . . I'm not real? :huh:
Well, according to Hume. Really, you're just properties. There's nothing underneath it all.

(Oh, I love philosophy)

1) I am my own wost critic and admit that I suck at various things fairly regularly and yet some people think that I'm a narcissist. :huh:

2) All that time I spend away from people kind of makes others suspicious of me for some reason. :shock:

3) My question are never taken as questions, only critique. This sucks when I'm talking to an artist. :cry:

Ignazio

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
And that's true of just INTJ's? :thinking: What's underneath everyone else? Snips and snails? :D

Oh, no. Don't get me wrong here. It's true of everybody and everything. Bundle Theory is kind of crazy like that.