• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think this is an issue for INFs too. I seriously do not get it. I'm dating an ISFJ who is emotionally invested in so many teams I can't keep track. I have given up trying to understand the fascination and just accept it as a quirk of his. :)

My ex was NOT a sports person. At all. He use to tell me I forced hockey on him. He did ask me once why I liked it so much. This was my beloved sport. The greatest sport in the world. The best conditioned athletes. It is a graceful and elegant game (some teams more so than others of course). He thought this observation was ridiculous. It was a brutal and vicious sport. He also felt that it was an elitist game and that was where the attraction was for me. Not that I'd been skating since toddler hood or that the town where I grew up had a long and successful history with the game. I never cared that he hated hockey as much as I found it odd that he didn't follow any sports. Really odd. I don't know why exactly but it bothered me a fair amount.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
But like all my relationship, i can't seem to get attached to anyone (not that it bothers me), so people has to either call me up or we have to run to each other to have a conversation (i don't know if other INTP have this problem). So i stay on mutual ground with other INT cause they are also too introvert to initiate anything.

Actually this tendency of mine has increasingly become a concern to my GF. She thinks it's weird and unnatural, I don't really think she gets that I just love to be alone. She said she feels bad when she goes out with her friends on Saturday night and I just chill out at home, but I think she makes an issue of it because it makes her feel guilty for some reason.

But yes, I usually don't initiate anything. Ever. If someone calls me up, I'm game, but if not, night in.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I never cared that he hated hockey as much as I found it odd that he didn't follow any sports. Really odd. I don't know why exactly but it bothered me a fair amount.

maybe because you couldn't relate to him in that area AT ALL?
or you couldn't find what got him excited and worked up? (though thats prolly not the case)

thats interesting to me cuz i dont follow sports either. i enjoy watching them and much rather play than watch but never followed anything.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I have an INTP friend who is very similar. If I want to do anything with him, I have to initiate contact. Every time. It has always been this way. I have known him long enough, however, to realize he is like this with everyone...even his family.

I'd almost think he was not interested in being friends, but he always is happy to see me and we always have a good time. He even thanks me for setting up whatever we do and tells me he is looking forward to the next time.

But I know that if we are to do it again, I have to arrange it. If I didn't, I'd not be surprised if I never heard from him again.

Ha, I'm that way a lot. I've gotten better about inviting people to do stuff, but frankly, I don't do stuff that often. I will almost never call someone out of the blue just to talk. Thank goodness for friends that accept that quirk and don't take it personally.

And yeah, there is nothing more boring than sports on tv, unless it's listening to someone talk about sports on tv.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
The only sport I watch/semi-keep track of is MMA.

Sports and the whole 'let's go team' mentality thing just don't do it for me. I want to see someone get punched in the fucking face.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
FC's Top Three Reasons Why INTs Suck-

1. Authoritative towards their work, dismissive to anything else
2. Wants to be called a genius, the more direct, the better.
3. Two forums, INTPCentral, INTJ Forum.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Wants to be called a genius, the more direct, the better.

I know quite a few INTPs and they usually hate when they're called that.

Putting someone on a pedestal isn't very nice.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I know quite a few INTPs and they usually hate when they're called that.

Putting someone on a pedestal isn't very nice.
And as I understand it I see INTPs paraphrasing each other with only the positives without the negatives.

And of course, it's only calling out if it's negative. Go figure.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Actually this tendency of mine has increasingly become a concern to my GF. She thinks it's weird and unnatural, I don't really think she gets that I just love to be alone. She said she feels bad when she goes out with her friends on Saturday night and I just chill out at home, but I think she makes an issue of it because it makes her feel guilty for some reason.

But yes, I usually don't initiate anything. Ever. If someone calls me up, I'm game, but if not, night in.

Is this a solid INTP trait? I can certainly relate to this exactly.

Also, what type is your GF? I'm taking a guess..

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have an INTP friend who is very similar. If I want to do anything with him, I have to initiate contact. Every time. It has always been this way. I have known him long enough, however, to realize he is like this with everyone...even his family.

I think this is more an INTP guy thing -they tend to be very passive.
I initiate stuff quite often. Just don't always follow through ...

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Is this a solid INTP trait? I can certainly relate to this exactly.

Also, what type is your GF? I'm taking a guess..

It might be. I'm just a passive dude, and I when called out on it my typical reason is "I just don't want to be a bother." Also I don't want to come up with things to do. Too much pressure to be entertaining, I'm an atrocious host.

GF is EStJ.

I think this is more an INTP guy thing -they tend to be very passive.
I initiate stuff quite often. Just don't always follow through ...

Maybe. I'll typically say I go to things too and never follow through. The only friend I had that I would actually initiate with is now in Boston and I am not :/

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
GF is EStJ.

I can't imagine why she'd have difficulty figuring out why you'd rather chill out at home sometimes.. :dry:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
It might be. I'm just a passive dude, and I when called out on it my typical reason is "I just don't want to be a bother."

Spoken like a true Marvin.

Also I don't want to come up with things to do. Too much pressure to be entertaining, I'm an atrocious host.

I've got that as well, it's one of my few character traits I'm trying to change. Especcially since I've got no problem to mingle and meet new people. But then I hardly ever have friends or girls come over. I always rather go to their place.

Douglas J. Bender

MBTI Type
INTP
Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

1. We tend to obsessively focus on one answer.

2. We tend to obsessively focus on one answer.

3. We tend to obsessively focus on one answer.

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
1. we don't care if our lack of affect fails to comfort others
2. we don't mind delivering the message even when they will want to shoot the messenger
3. we don't value the quantity of affection but the quality of its source; with the highest being from ourselves, God and those whom we respect

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
this was taken from the NF private forum so I cant properly qoute it.

"I admire NT's ability to do what they do. But from my experience in life a lot of NT's I meet and messed up in the head. Like just twisted wrong. I also think their mothers didn't hold them and tell them that they love them enough. Instead I picture a father scolding them constantly. Sad but true. A lot of ENTJ's I meet were usually abused physically, sexually, or verbally as a child."

WHY DIDNT YOU LOVE ME MOM? :cry:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this was taken from the NF private forum so I cant properly qoute it.

"I admire NT's ability to do what they do. But from my experience in life a lot of NT's I meet and messed up in the head. Like just twisted wrong. I also think their mothers didn't hold them and tell them that they love them enough. Instead I picture a father scolding them constantly. Sad but true. A lot of ENTJ's I meet were usually abused physically, sexually, or verbally as a child."

WHY DIDNT YOU LOVE ME MOM? :cry:

From that quote, I think Mommy loved you a bit too much...

VinceBaker

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. The need to always be right
2. The inability to debate an idea without others thinking it's an argument
3. The seeming lack of emotion and lack of friends
4. A complete disregard for rules that don't make sense