• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Types of Immediate Family Members?

Rebeka

MBTI Type
ENFP
dad: INTP
sister: ISTP
mother: ESFJ
me: ENFP

I get in tune with my mother, although she rejects my "too much and innecesary deep thinking" XD
I can have interesting conversations with my dad but he usually ends up being rude and stubborn
i share little with my sister, just some ideas on general behaviour

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
father= ISTJ
mother- ISxJ
brother- ESxP
sister- ESTP
myself- INxP

A home with 4 dom sensing types means that i often feel like I am sometimes seeing things differently from the rest of my family. They however like my point of view as i sometimes offer a different point of view and we all get on well with each other and enjoy each others company despite our differences.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty sure that my mom is an ISTJ, and we rarely get along, but it's pretty great when we do.
-We're at our best while bonding over generally enjoyable activities like shopping, watching movies, looking at funny pics, eating at a restaurant, etc. There is such a wide age gap between us that we can't really relate through Si, so it's easier for us to get along while using Se.
-We are at our worst while discussing sensitive topics like politics, religion, culture, etc. I think it's mostly a Fe/Ti vs. Te/Fi thing: I usually like to consider all sides of an issue and why people might feel a certain way, and she tends to state her opinions like they're fact.

My dad is an INTP, and we almost always get along.
-We're at our best while discussing things like politics. Although we disagree about 40-50% of the time, we're always civil and can discuss/debate without getting personal (although we tend to avoid the topic of religion). We used to play video games on a regular basis, and we always got along during those times. When he was in a men's church group, he often had "challenges" (for example, planking in a public area) that I would help with. Those were also good times.
-We're at our worst when more personal/emotional stuff comes up. He gets really quiet when my mom and I fight, and if I try to get him to see where I'm coming from afterward, he reacts with apathy and/or anger (ie. "I don't care!"). As a feeler, as well as a Fe/Ti user with a good understanding of fairness/logic, I find this hurtful. I feel like he knows I'm in the right, but doesn't want to admit it.

The way that they interact is sort of... well, I'm honestly surprised they're still together. My dad tries to cook while working from home but is forgetful and ends up burning something, my mom gets home from work and is mad, they fight, one of them involves me, and it's just a disaster for everyone. Plus I've only seen them kiss, like, once or twice o.o