• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Am I an ENTP or an ENFP?

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
What type do you think I might be? ESTP or ESFP? The reason why I believe the consistently ENxP results is because by nature, Ne sees possibilities in its environment, whereas Se acts on its environment. I'm much more of a cerebral then physical person. Besides, ESTPs and ESFPs are do-ers who like to be involved in heavily physical activities primarily. While I don't mind occasionally engaging in such activities, I primarily am involved in creative ones such as story-writing, thinking of new inventions, coming up with new ideas, etc.

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
And what I mean is, whenever I take personality tests online, my results are an even mix of ENTP and ENFP.

Starry

What type do you think I might be? ESTP or ESFP? The reason why I believe the consistently ENxP results is because by nature, Ne sees possibilities in its environment, whereas Se acts on its environment. I'm much more of a cerebral then physical person. Besides, ESTPs and ESFPs are do-ers who like to be involved in heavily physical activities primarily. While I don't mind occasionally engaging in such activities, I primarily am involved in creative ones such as story-writing, thinking of new inventions, coming up with new ideas, etc.

^^Oh yah...I hear you loud and clear. But like you, yourself, have mentioned in this thread...we are dealing in general descriptions with relative meaning. Every single person that arrives here with the belief they are an Ne dom says the exact same thing <-there's no way around it really. Still, I don't even know what "Ne sees possibilities in its environment" even means anymore to be honest. I'm going to go ahead and conclude that if Ne doms were the only folks that saw possibilities in their environment then I'd be a whole lot richer than I am because I would have opened my own "Need help seeing what is possible in the external world? Call a professional you can trust" business.

I honestly don't even look at those kinds of statements when I am typing anymore because I find them rather pointless. I look at the examples people provide to support those relative statements and yours appeared to have a lot of practical application which called to mind STP Still, much like "being cerebral" doesn't rule out STP..."being practical" doesn't rule out NTP unless we are talking about the NTPs I have encountered on this site :wink:

This is why I asked you if you were testing equally between ENTP and ENFP. Testing equally between the two makes it more likely you are for sure an Ne dom but what it truly does with a higher rate of certainty imo is reveal that you are in fact a Thinker.

And what I mean is, whenever I take personality tests online, my results are an even mix of ENTP and ENFP.

A lot of young EPs...especially young ETPs will "over-extrovert" meaning...well for our purposes here it means you are overfocused on the external and subsequently making high use of not just Ne but Fe as well. This is evident in your report of easy boredom, procrastination as well as conflict avoidance. When this happens...ENTPs will test equally between ENTP and ENFP...and can even relate to the ENFP descriptions as well as actually present with an ENFP feel about them (although I've seen much worse in the sense that I've seen many where you can't tell which at all. you are more obviously a Thinker from an outside perspective...I'm just writing this in the off chance it will be helpful evidence.)

Because most tests only identify the specific dominant function and then go from there coupled with the fact you are currently making high use of Fe your test scores will look something like

Ne>F

which gives you a false ENFP result.

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
But do you believe I am in fact an ENTP, or do you feel there is still some validity for xSTP? There is some evidence that I may in fact be an SP:

* While I do have lots of ideas that I brainstorm, most of them involve a sort of grounded reality. For example, my favorite video game series is GTA, which I enjoy precisely because I can pretend I'm a gangster, which is something that's feasible in real life, as opposed to something more fantasy oriented as Dark Souls. Additionally, I think this is just a stereotype of the xSTP junkie, but I love motorcycles and riding through the country on them while blasting out heavy metal. I also crave material wealth, which I believe ENxPs don't crave as much. I also tend to be more temperamental then the average ENxP. The only reason why I still believe I might be an ENxP is due to my seemingly high Ne. I don't accept things the way they are, which seems like a more S trait. However, acclaimed directors such as Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick, who are often seen as some of the best directors of all time, are both ISTPs.

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
Frankly, I wonder if I'm introverted enough to be one. While I'm not a strong extrovert, I'm also not much of an introvert either.

Sum Guy

MBTI Type
INTJ
There are fairly extensive tests on-line that can help you and they can give you a percentage breakdown of answers. It's very possible to be near the edge (e.g. near 50/50) on some traits. For example, I test consistently INTJ but very close on the T and J, so in some ways I'm INTP or INFJ.

BatmanFanatic

MBTI Type
ENTP
There are fairly extensive tests on-line that can help you and they can give you a percentage breakdown of answers. It's very possible to be near the edge (e.g. near 50/50) on some traits. For example, I test consistently INTJ but very close on the T and J, so in some ways I'm INTP or INFJ.

In that case, I guess I can never know for sure.

Rebeka

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hi people. I'm a new user here who's unsure about their type. Normally, I type as either ENTP or ENFP, but I'm REALLY unsure which one fits more. Can I describe my behavior and you guys can try making a guess based on the information?

First, I'm going to list some universal, obvious, "no doy" (Thank you BoJack Horseman) ENxP behaviors.

* I'm very disorganized
* I almost never do homework assignments until a day before they are due.
* I love to make seemingly unrelated, but actually subtly connected, pop-culture references while having conversations, even serious ones.
* I love speculating about completely irrelevant possibilities, such as what would have happened on Breaking Bad if Walt killed Gus instead of Gale in season 3.
* I'm practically always daydreaming about new possibilities.
* I daydream to such an extreme that I literally re-write the script of every movie I've seen or video game I've played.
* However, I become bored with those possibilities within a couple of days, moving on to new ones.
* I CANNOT for the life of me pay attention in boring situations. I fidget endlessly and continuously look back and forth.
* I CANNOT manage money if my life depended on it.
* I have a pun for EVERY fucking situation. Just read my profile.
* I LOVE, LOVE, FUCKING LOVE to argue my points ad nauseam to people. If I believe I'm right and have superior evidence, expect me to yap, yap, yap, until you snap.

Okay, here are the more ambiguous behaviors:
* I don't like unnecessary conflict, in that if I do not have to go against a value of mine, I will comply with the annoying person just to end a conflict. Conflict makes me feel mentally and physically uncomfortable, if it's personal.
* I sometimes question the existence of divine forces. I'm not religious, having been agnostic since I was 11, but I always tell myself: "Anything's possible, so maybe this is, even if it's highly unlikely."
* My sense of humor is quite broad. I have a penchant for wordplay, but I also enjoy tackling offensive, inappropriate subject matter for the sake of humor. Most of my humor, puns aside, is based on acerbic criticism, actually.
* I go berserk if people are unnecessarily rude. I'm not sure if this is a matter of a principle being violated, or something a lot of people simply don't like.
* I'm willing to argue a point ad nauseam if I believe I have more evidence then the other person. However, I always try to emphasize that said arguments are not personal.
* I love it when entertainment subverts schlocky sentimental cliches such as "Hard work will definitely get you the win" and "Even someone as stupid as Forrest Gump can succeed", but at the same time, I get very invested in underdog stories if they're well-written.

Well, try figuring it out.

i'd say, as an enfp that we don't mind having the reason necessarily when the topic is not of our innward interest, then we can argue, but just up to a limit (til we become enoughly bored and move forwards... "how's your day?" :D).Also, we prefer being diplomatic than being right in an argument, and ENTP are tirelessly prone to keep on the issue until boredom death