• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Uh oh?

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This INTP that I barely know just sent me an e-mail spilling his guts.
That's a really bad sign, isn't it?

I mean well obviously it's a bad sign I guess what I'm asking is, isn't it a really really really bad sign? I mean aren't INTPs like the least likely to do that sort of thing?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
No, probably really likely, since they are too afraid to communicate feelings as they arise and have to wait till something makes them not care about how something is received -- high levels of stress, for instance.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No. He trusts you. That's good. Just don't go starting treating him all weird and different and stuff. INTPs have emotions- they just have a hard time expressing them/recognizing them sometimes.

The quiet ones always are the most melodramatic when we do get around to the emotional expression anyway.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, probably really likely, since they are too afraid to communicate feelings as they arise and have to wait till something makes them not care about how something is received -- high levels of stress, for instance.

So he's prolly just a lil stressed? Phew that's good. I was starting to get a bit worried.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. He trusts you. That's good. Just don't go starting treating him all weird and different and stuff. INTPs have emotions- they just have a hard time expressing them/recognizing them sometimes.

The quiet ones always are the most melodramatic when we do get around to the emotional expression anyway.

Erm what do you mean by treating him all wierd and different and stuff?

Also just for clarity, I've had INTPs open up to me before...AFTER we spent tons of time getting to know each other and building trust...what scared me was the fact that this INTP spilled his guts when he barely knew me...I thought things must have been REALLY bad in order for him to do that.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So he's prolly just a lil stressed? Phew that's good. I was starting to get a bit worried.

Yeah, I don't think he's going to kill himself based on the fact that he's unwinding to you, but to be honest, you can't tell something like that just based on what you've said.

Is he just complaining? Reminiscing about his life? I would say there are 3 options on the table. I'll list them in order of descending probability.

1. He likes you but is too afraid to be himself. He's trying to force something out now because he wants to create a connection with you.
2. He actually feels comfortable with you.
3. He's stoned.
4. He's actually asking for help.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
what scared me was the fact that this INTP spilled his guts when he barely knew me...I thought things must have been REALLY bad in order for him to do that.

This can be selfish, but beneficial to the INTP. He's likely talked/listened to you for a little and has decided he can trust you. He's likely put on some social airs for survival with most people, so venting to someone with little prejudice allows him to be honest.

...You might now know him better than anyone else :shock:

You've said that people don't realise all the depth going on underneath your skin; so you can sympathise. He's likely blowing up inside. If you're kind, patient, and understanding, he'll likely calm down and you'll make a new friend.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
What's your type (not ABCD, obv)? Is it possible you're the first person he's met that he's actually felt an actual (intuitive, prob) connection with?

*some sort of analogy about seeing a glass of water in the desert goes here*

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Context and age, among other factors (see above), are relevant.

Sometimes I feel like I can see right through a person, "knowing" them better than amount of contact would lead you to think. If he's something like me, this isn't much to worry about. We can be odd, as I'm sure you know.

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I mean well obviously it's a bad sign I guess what I'm asking is, isn't it a really really really bad sign? I mean aren't INTPs like the least likely to do that sort of thing?

It probably means he's in love with you.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
moved to NT Rational.

I'll save you the trouble:

This INTP that I barely know just sent me an e-mail spilling his guts.

Spilling his guts? Cool! Did he post pictures?

Look at it this way, he probably likes you and knows a lot about you -- like that you're pretty or whatever. I know I'd be flattered if the other person was an attractive female.

Last edited:

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha. Yeah actually there is a chance that he was intoxicated.