• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Today, while waving goodbye to my friends, I tried to lean into my car and open the driver door at the same time. The result was jamming the corner of the door into my forehead, where I now have a charming bruise starting. It's good enough that I can see my new Badge of Sensotard Honor in my shadow.

STEP ONE : Open door
STEP TWO : Lean and get into the car

NOTE TO SELF: For future references, do not try to do both at once. You are not John McClane of Die Hard fame.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
^^:yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_

step one: cut a hole in the box
step two: put your *junk* in that box

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
^^:yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_

step one: cut a hole in the box
step two: put your *junk* in that box

What I would likely do if I had the opportunity to insert junk into boxes, is to try to ram my junk into the box before I had a hole. I'll leave you with that mental picture. You are welcome.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have concluded there are dimensions alongside our own that lie titghtly curled into our dimension.

Sometimes my stuff crosses the thin boundaries between dimensions and falls into an alternate temporal reality. At some later point the boundaries become thin enough that the item can cross back over again.

So I will spend months trying to find somthing only to have it just lying on the floor one day.

Ohh, you've discovered them as well! I call them "pocket dimensions" 'cos they only seem to suck up relatively small objects. Have you noticed how they sometimes move in relation to our own dimension? You know, when an object pops up somewhere it couldn't possibly have been lost.

Like grapes that roll on the floor and disappear forever?

Now that I think about it, wasn't their a Seinfeld episode about this?

I have studied this.

This is due to fairies/pixies/sprites.

Is this where all the socks go as well?
I read a really cool novella abot this once. Apparently people end up there too.
Ever get that feeling people are looking through you?

Naughty little sprites love me then!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had to get rid of my car, puppy - it was like a giant handbag on wheels. It took too much effort for me to tear apart my place looking for something and then having to go outside and tear up the car to continue the search. The less space I have, the less odds I have to misplace things. This is why I own practically no furniture. I can quickly eyeball a room and see that the missing object is not on the floor, and thus, not in the room. I suck.

I have the opposite probelm with my ENTP. He's a compulsive hoarder/collector, and every new piece of furniture/painting/objets d'art just creates even more clutter in our house to hide his keys/wallet/cellphone/shoes/important papers/whatever. I swear I spend half my life searching for the things he's misplaced. I have a weird psychic seeker-sense for other people's things. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for my own lost objects.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I have the opposite probelm with my ENTP. He's a compulsive hoarder/collector, and every new piece of furniture/painting/objets d'art just creates even more clutter in our house to hide his keys/wallet/cellphone/shoes/important papers/whatever. I swear I spend half my life searching for the things he's misplaced. I have a weird psychic seeker-sense for other people's things. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for my own lost objects.

I do have a problem with broken electronics and old photography equipment. I have constant stream of toys in different stages of repair/rebuild. I am obsessive about building contraptions - like that kid in the Goonies, or like Pee-Wee's playhouse. But since I am also more obsessed with moving, I often have to dump things to keep mobile. My friends will no longer let me store all my wires, cables and gadgets at their houses because they say I make their place look like Sanford and Sons :(

sculpting

I do have a problem with broken electronics and old photography equipment. I have constant stream of toys in different stages of repair/rebuild. I am obsessive about building contraptions - like that kid in the Goonies, or like Pee-Wee's playhouse. But since I am also more obsessed with moving, I often have to dump things to keep mobile. My friends will no longer let me store all my wires, cables and gadgets at their houses because they say I make their place look like Sanford and Sons :(

My bf entp loves to work on stuff too. She has three cars that her husband HELPS her work on. One is an old chevy, the other is a honda, and the last is a land rover they are converting from a gas to a diesal. She was eight months pregant, flat on her back in the driveway, replacing pieces of car parts with her ISTJ husband at her command. She also loves to repair analytical chemistry equipment. He desk/office/lab is a mixture of carparts, wires, chuncks of metal fittings and hplc columns.

(She helps me with car stuff all the time)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
This is why I love ISTJs. Seriously. No matter what shit goes down, they are right by your side saying "don't worry, I got this."

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is why I love ISTJs. Seriously. No matter what shit goes down, they are right by your side saying "don't worry, I got this."

Only the evolved ones. In my old job in the UK I worked with quite a few ISTJs, some healthy, some not. My team leader fell into the latter category due to the increasing stress he was experiencing from his senior managers. At his worst, he would attempt to micromanage everyone in range, often with disastrous results. Alternatively, he would fly into a panic and race around creating even more havoc (out-of-control inferior Ne, I believe).

As for the healthy ISTJs, they became some of my best friends at work. I used to run some of my ideas past them, for their practical suggestions and acute attention to detail. They would also provide stalwart support during a crisis.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh yes, I forgot that I have an unhealthy ISTJ in my family and let me tell you, he can really fly off the handle and is actually prone to violent rages. When he loses his ability to communicate verbally, man, he just gets physical... Shoot, I forgot about all about him.

Yeah, I guess I was referring to the healthy ones. But I don't think I would last a day under the supervision of an ISTJ, healthy or otherwise...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Oh yes, I forgot that I have an unhealthy ISTJ in my family and let me tell you, he can really fly off the handle and is actually prone to violent rages. When he loses his ability to communicate verbally, man, he just gets physical... Shoot, I forgot about all about him.

Yeah, I guess I was referring to the healthy ones. But I don't think I would last a day under the supervision of an ISTJ, healthy or otherwise...

You have to make them drunk. They will eat right out of your hand :D

sculpting

You have to make them drunk. They will eat right out of your hand :D

oh hell yeah, there is nothing more fun than a room of intoxicated ISTJs. Not kidding here, all that repressed stuff pops out and it is a blast. They put yous silly EXTPs to shame.

ISTJs need to feel in control, and if they lose that sense of control they freak out. I worked for one for a year and half and I adore him. However (down in SJ land) my friend put up a post about him as he has gone all crazy control freak on her, given he feels out of control.

Back on the sensotard topic-how often do you have to replace credit cards every year once you loose them? I am up to about twice a year, however then I find the old ones, mix them up with the new ones and then can't figure out why some work and some don't.

I also lost my passport awhile back. It was lost for about four months-under a massive pile of paper in the corner of my office. I was almost at the point of having to expediate a new passport for an upcoming trip, and then I found it-with all the credit cards and driver's licsence I had already replaced. :doh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hehe :D

Last time I went drinking with a normally very modest and gentlemanlike ISTJ, around 3 am in the morning we were in a bar, being totally on the verge of collapse after a lot of beer; when he decided that I should go over there and ask a girl out and he would give me 10 Euro for it *lol*.

That absolutely didnt fit into the type of person he was and I refused to do it, cause I saw no point in it; so I tried to turn the tide and told him that I give him 10 Euro, if he does it. Five minutes later he was sitting next to the girl, trying to ask her out with his non-existant charms. Another colleague and I watching this nearly felt off our chairs laughing.

He of course was unsucessful and I lost 10 Euro. He just said in the end: "If I would go on giving away money this easily, I wont get rich." That's when I understood, he absolutely knew how I would react to the propasal he made at first and just wanted to get more money to buy drinks, cause he was probably broke.

Even more tricky than an entp that guy :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I keep forgetting my sunnies so have to stop what I'm doing to return to my house/car/etc to collect them... only to find them on my head, this happened several times in an hour today :doh:

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I was just brushing my teeth and suddenly I couldn't find my toothbrush anymore. After looking all over the bathroom, I bent over to see if I had dropped it into the toilet. At which point my toothbrush fell out of my mouth, straight into the toilet. :doh:

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Every time I went to the restroom, I would end up brushing my teeth. I realized after I was done and this was usually met with a d'oh! This went on for a long time until I had to consciously stop myself.

I am constantly looking for my glasses while wearing them.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I was just brushing my teeth and suddenly I couldn't find my toothbrush anymore. After looking all over the bathroom, I bent over to see if I had dropped it into the toilet. At which point my toothbrush fell out of my mouth, straight into the toilet. :doh:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha! Thats the second funniest thing i've heard all day!

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I got out of the shower and started drying my hair, only to realize there was still shampoo in it.

I lost my pencil while holding it

I lost my glasses while they were on my face

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
completely missed washing my left pit while showering before heading to a social event.

juggernaut

Permabanned
I am constantly looking for my glasses while wearing them.

I do this at least once a day.

One of the weirdest sensotard moments I've had in the past couple of years occurred on a snowy January morning. I got dressed, packed up my bag for school, put on my hat, gloves and coat, and headed out the door. As I reached the stairs at the end of my porch I realized my feet were really cold. I looked down and there were my stockinged feet. I had completely forgotten my shoes, in the dead of winter!