• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
me thinking glass in my foot was a blister until noticing that theirs blood on my foot and should invistigate closer. it didn't hurt just made my foot feel like it had a bump on it.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, there are many, but a few days ago I drove to the store, parked my car, locked it, and ran into the store (congratulating myself at that point for not sensotarding any of the above up). When I was done shopping and came out of the store, I walked briskly back to my car, feeling pretty good about myself for efficiency. I walked up to my car, pressed the unlock button a few times. Pulled on the locked door handle and thought, "WHAT? I *just* opened this!" So I hit the unlock button several more times (quadruple-checking that it was indeed the right button I was hitting this time). Grabbed the handle confidently and pulled. Nothing. At this point I was thoroughly enraged "WHY do I always have to end up with problems with this car--WHY is the damn keypaid broken already!!" So I then took the key, looking around carefully for any bystanders thinking I might be trying to steal a car (thoroughly convinced that I'd be setting the alarm off any minute because the unlock didn't engage). The key didn't fit. Now completely baffled, I was like, WHAT in God's name is going on here? So I started "logically" deducing--1. I drove here with these keys, so I know they work for the ignition and they are obviously the right car keys and 2. If they work for the ignition and I don't have any separate keys for the doors, these *should* work on the doors! I'm not sure why, but suddenly I slipped out of sensotardation and it occurred to me that maybe I should look carefully *inside* the car. It was then I realized it was not my car. Mine was about 20 feet away.

:shock: In my defense, they were very similar on the outside (silver 2005 or later Jeep Grand Cherokee)

I also must say that before panic alarms I was always in BIG trouble leaving malls--I even spent over an hour once trying to find my friggen car!

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
I tell people the wrong age all the time, unless I stop and do the math I have no idea how old I am. Don't ask me to remember anniversaries, birthdays, or holidays. :BangHead:

Ha I'll second that--it's even worse when you're telling someone new who asks and someone you know well is next to you and catches you...

NEW PERSON: I'm 28, you?
ME: 25 (not even pausing, like it's the most natural, perfect answer)
A FRIEND OF MINE: WHAT? Last time I checked you were 24, weren't you?

And in a room full of S's, this quickly becomes New Person looking worriedly, deeply convinced that this new person they have met has just let out a RED flag of mental illness, though little do they know I'm just a Class-A Sensotard, which is not yet part of the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'll nominate my INTP partner. Yesterday he went straight through a red light (thank god there were no other cars or police around) because he didn't see the traffic lights at all, red or otherwise.

Yea... it's also been more than once that I started driving at a red light once the light for the other lane (turning lane) turned green. That has caused pretty near wrecks too.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm sure I'm not the only one that did this today...but, I totally spaced on daylight savings time and I went into work an hour early. I was fuckin' pissed! :laugh:

Oh, and on the way there I ran a red light because I was looking at the green light on the opposite side of the road. This would not be the first time.

Ha AwesomeCakes--I'm glad I'm not the only one--I just posted the same thing!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Fully and naturally, like nothing was wrong, handed the cashier 5.27 cents today. He asked or 27.50. XD

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not about to read this whole thread so if this has already been posted and you're going to get your panties in a knot, fuck you. and if not, then I hope you have no underwear stuffed in your crack

Anyone else more often then not push the floor in the elevator of the floor they're already on and then stands their for a few seconds before realizing why the elevator hasn't move :doh:

wwbeachbum161

MBTI Type
INFJ
Anyone else more often then not push the floor in the elevator of the floor they're already on and then stands their for a few seconds before realizing why the elevator hasn't move :doh:

I just did that the other day! Except it must have been a full two minutes of me standing in the elevator by myself, thinking about God knows what and subconsciously humming a song I had just listened to...I finally thought to myself, "wow, this elevator is really slow," and realized I hadn't moved at all! :blush::doh:

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
My driving instructor wanted to test whether I was checking in my rearview mirror. So she covered it up and asked what color the car following me was. I had been checking my rearview mirror, but I never notice what color anything is unless there's some good forseeable reason to remember it. All I knew was that a car was behind me. 'Course, I couldn't really explain this to her. :doh:

Ezion

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Honestly, I attribute a lot of my "sensortard moments" with myself being pre-occupied with my current mental fixation that reality takes second priority, sort of like watching TV when you're working on something else. Whenever something pops up that requires attention, it takes a second to snap back to reality because you have to process the five second or so cache of mental information that continually filters through your memory.

I walked in to a Chinese restuarant to pick up my food. The clerk at the bar told me "That'll be $10.72". While I had the card in hand, I had just finished a workout about 4 minutes before and was still a bit disoriented, so I just sort of stood there. She had to say it again before I handed her the card.

Another example- one time I stuck a pencil up a jacket I was using and later spent three minutes trying to find the pencil. I've also tried to find something I was actually holding. I can also relate to walking up to the wrong car and pressing the unlock button repeatedly, but it only happens with look-a-like cars.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
My (conservative) NT dad went to the market one day, wearing MY hat. What he hadn't noticed was the huge pot leaf at the front :doh:

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've had plenty of sensotard moments. Including some of the ones already listed here, which makes me chuckle to myself even more.

When I was younger we spent a lot of Christmases at my grandparents' home for the ease of gathering there. Usually, my ESFJ mom insisted on arriving a bit early [which may be where I inherited my impeccable timing?] and I headed for the 'cousins' spot down in the partially finished basement. I was alone down there, sitting on the couch, watching TV for about half an hour before I hear my grandma and one of my aunts frantically calling for me to come back upstairs. Thinking something was wrong, I ran back up. They asked if I had 'seen anything'. I didn't know what they had been talking about whatsoever and I came to learn that the table just to the right of the couch, which is in plain sight when coming down the stairs, was loaded with unwrapped presents. I'd missed them completely... in addition to that, my grandpa had asked if I'd seen the new computer he bought-- which there was no computer in that basement before that year. I didn't see the huge hutch-desk directly to the left of the couch with a brand new computer nestled into it, either.

My grandma once had me help her search for her glasses for over an hour and they were right on top of her head. :rolli:

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
I haven't read the whole thread, and although I'm sure burnt toast has probably been mentioned already: I burnt toast this morning. While standing right by the toaster, allegedly watching it to see when it was ready to pop manually, so it wouldn't burn. I zoned out and didn't notice anything was wrong until smoke started coming out of the toaster.

I'd also lived in my current place for almost a year before I realised a certain panel of wood was actually a cupboard, and even this I only noticed when I saw someone else open it.

West

MBTI Type
INTJ
Whenever I'm taking the subway into the city or driving on the freeway, I tend to turn on auto-pilot. I frequently have no idea what happened from the time I left the house to arrival. Music generally puts me in a trance and I'm swimming around my brain— not really thinking of anything important. Just whatever pops into my mind is where most of the attention goes.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just did that the other day! Except it must have been a full two minutes of me standing in the elevator by myself, thinking about God knows what and subconsciously humming a song I had just listened to...I finally thought to myself, "wow, this elevator is really slow," and realized I hadn't moved at all! :blush::doh:

I stand and wait for the elevator to come, when I've never pressed the button to call it in the first place. :blush: It takes awhile for me to realize that 1. I've been standing there for several minutes and 2. what's wrong.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh gosh, Tilty. I just saw this on Live New Posts.

I went to the doctor yesterday and the front doors in the large glass facade have sensors on them to open as you approach. I walked all the way up to the door and. . .nothing. So I stood there for a while, nose nearly to the glass.

Actually I stood there, deep in thought about something else, until someone passed to my left and went through the sliding doors a couple of feet away! Argh.

Can I spell h-a-n-g-d-o-g?

Furiosa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha, this thread is absolutely hilarious, forced me to finally stop lurking like a creeper and actually register :p.

Few times so far this winter I've walked outside without shoes or socks to shovel the driveway, thinking something like "Oh shit, its cold out here, damn I wish I had winter boots, theres so much snow, where did I leave the shovel? Damn it my feet are cold. Holy crap, I'm not wearing shoes. Ohgodohgodohgodohgod" followed by hopping and skipping back to the house, only to forget I went outside to shovel :unsure:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you'd think I'd learn my lesson and not take shots when already nauseus, but no i don't. nausea & shots don't mix.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I keep getting corrected by INTPs for completely missing sections of text when I read things. Or for reading things and just keeping my interpretation of it.

It's like "it didn't say that anywhere, I swear!".. "Oh, there it is."

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so i went outside to smoke I light the cigarette a small flame im like whatever blow it out smoke it doesn't seem quite right. take another puff this cigarette tastes abnormally sweet and not alot of smoke either. thought it went out re lit there's that flame again still tastes strange look down and realized i lit the wrong end of the cigarette :doh: