• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Man, after reading all of these crazy responses, I'm glad the extent of my sensotardation is pressing the button for the floor I'm already on while getting on the elevator.

...unless you're actually so sensotarded that you haven't even noticed all the sensotard moments you have all the time! :laugh:

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
...unless you're actually so sensotarded that you haven't even noticed all the sensotard moments you have all the time! :laugh:

I'd have to be pretty damn out there, then, and there'd have to be a crew of people following me around to right all of my mishaps and forgetfulness. I haven't noticed them, though. But perhaps that's the sensotardation talking.

*starts speaking out loud to see if anyone answers*

I'll get back to you on that.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Would you call forgetting where you put your shit a Sensotard moment? If so, I'm a permanent sensotard!!!

Also, if I take a walk and my husband is not with me, I totally don't notice anything. Yeah. And when I walk with him - he'll be like, "Hey, look at that!!" I'll be like, "Where?!?!" And he'll say, "There! Right there!...Good god, Carolyn, don't you have eyes?...THEEEEEEEERE!!! No, not over THERE!!! MY GOD! If you had a plate with a cm of meat and a liter of sauce, you'd still look at the plate and say where's the sauce until someone dumped your nose in it!!!!" :blush:

Oh yeah, and I won't notice stuff. If someone speaks to me - not necessarily loudly - but I'm in my thoughts - I'll like - JUMP!!!!!!! It'll startle the hell outta me.

I totally won't notice that what I'm wearing looks like shit. And I'll get offended, because someone will tell me like years later - God you looked like shit, but no one bothers to tell me at the time. And then you don't have to say, You look like shit. Just suggest something betta.

Also, I hate shopping. Trying things on drives me bonkers. And honestly, I don't know what the hell TO buy half the time.

And I put things together that most people think is weird for food. (Taste)

I don't smell things half the time. I have also never sensed when the seasons change, unless it gets colder - in contrast to my husband, who totally like smells and senses the seasons change before they do.

In fact, the only time I'm NOT a complete Sensotard is when it comes to my sense of hearing. And even then I don't listen well if I'm in my own thoughts.

Gahhhh!!!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Would you call forgetting where you put your shit a Sensotard moment? If so, I'm a permanent sensotard!!!

Also, if I take a walk and my husband is not with me, I totally don't notice anything. Yeah. And when I walk with him - he'll be like, "Hey, look at that!!" I'll be like, "Where?!?!" And he'll say, "There! Right there!...Good god, Carolyn, don't you have eyes?...THEEEEEEEERE!!! No, not over THERE!!! MY GOD! If you had a plate with a cm of meat and a liter of sauce, you'd still look at the plate and say where's the sauce until someone dumped your nose in it!!!!" :blush:

Oh yeah, and I won't notice stuff. If someone speaks to me - not necessarily loudly - but I'm in my thoughts - I'll like - JUMP!!!!!!! It'll startle the hell outta me.

I totally won't notice that what I'm wearing looks like shit. And I'll get offended, because someone will tell me like years later - God you looked like shit, but no one bothers to tell me at the time. And then you don't have to say, You look like shit. Just suggest something betta.

Also, I hate shopping. Trying things on drives me bonkers. And honestly, I don't know what the hell TO buy half the time.

And I put things together that most people think is weird for food. (Taste)

I don't smell things half the time. I have also never sensed when the seasons change, unless it gets colder - in contrast to my husband, who totally like smells and senses the seasons change before they do.

In fact, the only time I'm NOT a complete Sensotard is when it comes to my sense of hearing. And even then I don't listen well if I'm in my own thoughts.

Gahhhh!!!

Haha, I can relate to everything you said :D .

I always try not to fullfill clichees, so I watch it to not wear jogging pants :D. But yesterday I went with shoulder-long hair, 7-days old beard, a darkblue pullover and a red tshirt looking out, to the gaststation and bought me three beers.

I am wondering like all my life, if I live in "staring town" and my girlfriend has the same issue. Everywhere we go, people seem to stare or to watch and we just do not know why . When I am in public I do not feel that I am looking that different from others (at least not when I have my beard shaved). Maybe it is something about our way of behaving.

When it comes to your husband and you not being dressed rightly, I suggest drop the closes at all. I bet he wont mind :D

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I'm pretty confident I have most of you beat in the sensotard games. Just a few:

1. Looking for earrings I'm already wearing.
2. Colliding with stationary objects at least thrice weekly.
3. Having an opened bottle spill its contents on the floor because I urgently needed to look at my watch or something else grabbed my attention. - This happens at least once weekly.
4. Losing most umbrellas within a few months (at the most) after purchase.

and cosign this:
I've looked for my pen, only to find it was in my hand. Looked for the lid for my water bottle, only to find it was already on there. I make plenty of those kind of mistakes on a daily basis.

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
I know i've had sensotard moments but i doubt i could do better (worse?!) than any of you lot. Going in the wrong direction cos i'm too wrapped up in my thoughts. Wearing odd shoes; although in my defence one was dark navy & the other was black. So what if they were different styles as well? Wearing tops inside out or back to front or both. Misplacing my house key before i set off for work (i need the key to unlock my front door to get out), spending time looking for it only to find it in my handbag where i had specifically placed it the previous evening to avoid such a thing. Strangers coming up to me to ask directions (i must look like i know where i am) & a little while after i've directed them i realise i've sent them completely the wrong way. I did that once where i used to live; i had pointed them in completely the opposite direction to where they were supposed to be going.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Man, after reading all of these crazy responses, I'm glad the extent of my sensotardation is pressing the button for the floor I'm already on while getting on the elevator.

:doh: I've done this too often. Kitty not used to elevators.

I seem to have awesome navigation though, indoors and outdoors.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I get undressed with the intention to put on PJs then put on clothes again instead of PJs. Then ponder what I am doing in the bathroom.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
This is embarassing. I stopped in Nashville to get gas going cross-country, and when I left, drove about 50 miles back the wrong way. I've done worse.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Gotten out of the shower and wondered why the hell my hair felt so greasy. Oh, it's still full of conditioner. :doh:

I may have had an intuitard moment as well... I walked in the bathroom one day at work while a female janitor was in there replacing paper towels. I definitely noticed her there, but it wasn't until I was standing at the urinal preparing to do my thing that I realized "Oh yeah, this would be incredibly rude/awkward, wouldn't it??" :shock:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm generally pretty spacey and easily distracted. Several times daily, I'll walk into a room and have no clue why I'm there, until hopefully I see something that jogs my memory. If I'm in the middle of something, don't interrupt me or distract me, or I'll completely forget about the first thing! No multitasking for me.

I don't recognise people until they are right in front of me and waving frantically.
I do this all the time, though I actually do look at people's faces, just not long enough to recognize them, apparently.

The other day I was filling a bucket for the fishtank, and left the room. Five minutes later I realized it was overflowing.
I flooded my lab last summer by leaving a bucket of distilled water to fill (takes about an hour), then completely forgetting about it, and going home. Supervisor was not impressed. :doh:

I'm another sensotard who is forever bumping into inconveniently placed doorframes, chairs, tables etc. I often discover bruises on my body with no idea how they got there
I do this too, though I'm getting better now that I make a conscious effort not to bump into things as I walk around.

I've looked for my pen, only to find it was in my hand. Looked for the lid for my water bottle, only to find it was already on there. I make plenty of those kind of mistakes on a daily basis. Sometimes, I wear my shirt backwards. Especially if it's a crewneck. I've had enough of my friends jokingly calling me, "nerd" when my shirt is backwards. I've almost conquered the shirt issue by making sure they have pockets that go in the front. I slip up occasionally, but it's bound to happen. lol
Ok, this I don't do, I just wanted to ask all of you who do this: why don't you just look at the tag when you put it on? It's impossible to put shirts on either inside-out or backwards that way. I don't get it....:huh:
i do tend to act too quickly. i have a bad tendency of trying to walk through doors before my hand has finished turning the knob, resulting in said door not opening and me running into it :doh:

Haha, I do this ALL the time. That fatal click of the door is so familiar.

4. Losing most umbrellas within a few months (at the most) after purchase.
I buy 2-dollar umbrellas now because I lose them so often. I leave them in taxis, bathrooms, floors, cars, houses, classes, etc.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The other day I was so lost in thought (or whatever I was doing) that I rode the bus all the way out into some suburb (i.e., I missed my stop completely) and didn't know where the hell I was. It took me another two hours to get home.

This has happened to me at least four times in the past three weeks.

And like others have stated, I do the pen thing all the time. I'll be looking for it only to find that it's in my hand or in my pocket where I just put it.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP

Haha I once did that like five times in a row, wondering what the fuck was going on when the elevator just re-opened the door. I have an excuse, though: it was really late at night and I was half dead from lack of sleep.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Baked a frozen pizza with the cardboard still underneath.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL several times for me. The pizza is pretty awful with essence of cardboard in it.

This was the first time for me, surprisingly. Although several times I've gone to take it out after the timer rings, only to find a still frozen pizza. :rolleyes:

ah but when it's cardboard I'm just relieved it wasn't polystyrene. that's happened...

Mmmm... cancerous.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Sometimes when I get excited the words I say just form into one long mumbled incomprehensible pseudo-word.

You know that little dance where two people walking toward each other go the same way, then they both go the other way, then they both go the first way? Sometimes I'm like that with words - I'll combine syllables from two words, then I'll combine them the other way, then back to the first way; finally after totally embarrassing myself, I either give up or spit it out the right way.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't like rocking labels on my clothes, in as much as it's unavoidable.

So I bought a pin and covered the 'adidas' logo on the front right of my jacket. I was pretty proud of how clever my solution was.

Then my friends pointed out that there was a huge ADIDAS logo emblazoned on the *back* of my jacket.

I was like, :huh: "Really?"

I totally never noticed that before.