• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IX's brilliant mind: What interesting subjects, and interesting people.
IX: Now, if only it was possible to take them aside for focused conversation on those specific subjects...
IX: Alas, the forum is open and public...
IX: ...
IX: PRIVATE MESSAGES-

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFP walking in on their roommate, me (the hopeless N that can't survive the wilderness that is this world), sitting and making a weird face.

INFP: What are you doing?
N: Thinking.
INFP: Why are you making that face? What's wrong?
N: Because something tastes like bananas.
INFP: *looks at the N quizzically*
N: You know I hate bananas.
INFP: Then why are you eating one?
N: *confused, looks at his hand in shock. He is eating a banana. How it is at least peeled is beyond him*
INFP: Don't tell me you didn't realize you were eating a banana...
N: *looks at the INFP in terror, shaking his head timidly* I mean, do I look like I did?
INFP: *looks at friend in concern* N. Are you okay?

They wouldn't let me forget.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was on my phone at work, and my coworker was talking to me and I wasn't paying attention. So he put a small folded towel on my head and I ignored it because I was concentrating. My boss suddenly comes back to talk to us, and I jump to attention and he lectured us on always staying busy. By that time, I had completely forgotten about the towel balancing on my head, and started working. My boss left, and no one said a dam thing to me. I only noticed it when I leaned over and it fell on the floor. ....omg

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"My stomach hurts. I wonder why."
"Grey, you have not eaten in almost two days."

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Left the empty crock pot set to ‘warm’ for almost 3 days. Does that count?

I could’ve burned this place down. :BangHead:

Darn thing doesn’t have a power indicator light. Any hot things should have one.
I’ll just unplug it from now on whenever I’m finished w/it.

Mask Off

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP walking in on their roommate, me (the hopeless N that can't survive the wilderness that is this world), sitting and making a weird face. INFP: What are you doing? N: Thinking. INFP: Why are you making that face? What's wrong? N: Because something tastes like bananas. INFP: *looks at the N quizzically* N: You know I hate bananas. INFP: Then why are you eating one? N: *confused, looks at his hand in shock. He is eating a banana. How it is at least peeled is beyond him* INFP: Don't tell me you didn't realize you were eating a banana... N: *looks at the INFP in terror, shaking his head timidly* I mean, do I look like I did? INFP: *looks at friend in concern* N. Are you okay? They wouldn't let me forget.
Lol. Do you let your body move around in automatic mode ?

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In order to use a moka coffee maker, you're supposed to put coffee powder in the filter.
I put it in my cup and tried to drink it with no water before I realized what I was doing.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I opened a beer last night, and forgot to drink it as I went to bed. Got home, drank some beers and was about to open a new one when realized I had a newly opened one from last night now flat. I was like, "whatever, ill just drink it". I went downstairs, and was doing some things downstairs and found myself with a whiskey and coke. I sat back at my computer, forgot about both the whiskey and coke, the older beer, and opened another beer (I have a cooler behind my desk). Now im sitting here with two beers and a whiskey and coke, and in an alcoholic predicament.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Once upon a time... There was this brainless fart (me) who thought that it was a good idea to put some macaroni in the microwave, five minutes before I had to leave.

What is important to know, is that a week before this happened there was this smell of fire/smoke in the hallway of our apartment.

I put the macaroni in the microwave. In a... pot. Since I also had to go to the toilet, I gave the timer a few turns so my macaroni would sure be warm and ready to eat when I was finished.
*five minutes later*
I'm sitting in my room, tying my shoes. Macaroni doesn't exist anymore. Until... I smell something burning. HAH! My stupid neighbors again, what are they burning now? Are they planning to gas me or something? *still laughing internally at their stupidity*

I check if I have everything, ready to depart. I open the door of my room and I am greeted by this intense smell of burned plastic and smoke. Now... All the peaces finally fall together. My macaroni !!
As I run to the living room the smoke gets thicker, darker.

I think I can say that, luckily, the microwave had 'exploded'... Otherwise, this could have ended much worse.

As you can see, the macaroni was still intact. That's what matters, right..?

This also when I learnt that you are not supposed to put pots in the microwave.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I took off the dirty sheets from the bed, ironed the clean ones, put them on, realized they were too big, SO I TOOK THE DIRTY ONES believing I was mistaken, ironed them as well, and put them on instead of the clean ones.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Spends 10 minutes looking for my pants

Guess where they were

Take a wild hecking guess

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I become a mean sensotard when I am drunk. :unsure:

It happened at my friend's student house... In the common area. It is huge, there are some Ping-Pong tables, you can play table football, there is a 'bar' (that's empty most of the time), a closet with (parlour) games,... Just to give you an idea of how big it is.

We were walking towards the exit. On our right side, there was a group of people. They were all just sitting in a chair talking and stuff. I see that my friend swerves a bit to the left. But I didn't notice anything, I just walked to the exit in a straight line... Until everyone turned silent and they all looked at me. And then I realized I was standing right on... Their Twister mat!! I stood still for a second, looked at my friend, who looked back at me like "Bruh what the heck are you doing??" Looked back at the group of people, probably kinda with a look like this; :shock: - 'Sorry!' (And then walked away as quickly as possible while trying to maintain a straight face...)

Really not the most dramatic thing in the world but oh gosh how they all looked at me. It's like; this bitch has all the place in the world to walk but no, she has to walk over our goddamn twister mat! It's like a fly, they have all the place in the world to fly around, but they must fly into your eye our mouth...

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
How to reheat your leftovers:

1. Take the food out of the fridge, put it next to the stove.
2. Take a pot out of the closet, put it down next to your food container.
3. Grab a firm hold of your plastic food container and put it on the stove.
4. ...

For once, I am glad that we have a gas stove and it takes a few 'ticks' before it's actually on... Christ. :')

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I just tried to turn my bathroom light on by directing my hand to the wall opposite the light switch.
I've been here 8 months.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Meta-moment here:

I was about to go for a walk. I was stocking up my purse and started thinking about a thread to write on here about how the future orientedness of N-doms allows for a sort of planning that allows them to compensate for S or T related weaknesses. I can anticipate so many things I'm going to need on this walk and that's why I have my purse totally stocked right? Sure, I've forgotten my wallet and keys millions of times, but I'm surely getting better. Then I realized I forgot my keys. I looked for keys, did not find them right away. I went back to my laptop to mentally generate the anticipated thread while browsing around. After some indefinite time adrift I remembered that I was going to go for a walk and eventually found the keys. Yes, I'm totally on top of this now, I thought as I began to march proudly toward the door. Keys, wallet, and... wait a minute? I check my bag: no wallet. :doh:

Me to me: too busy speculating about the wallet to check with your own eyes that it's there? Thread=Fail. But this is going to make for golden material for a comment somewhere...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Meta-moment here:

I was about to go for a walk. I was stocking up my purse and started thinking about a thread to write on here about how the future orientedness of N-doms allows for a sort of planning that allows them to compensate for S or T related weaknesses. I can anticipate so many things I'm going to need on this walk and that's why I have my purse totally stocked right? Sure, I've forgotten my wallet and keys millions of times, but I'm surely getting better. Then I realized I forgot my keys. I looked for keys, did not find them right away. I went back to my laptop to mentally generate the anticipated thread while browsing around. After some indefinite time adrift I remembered that I was going to go for a walk and eventually found the keys. Yes, I'm totally on top of this now, I thought as I began to march proudly toward the door. Keys, wallet, and... wait a minute? I check my bag: no wallet. :doh:

Me to me: too busy speculating about the wallet to check with your own eyes that it's there? Thread=Fail. But this is going to make for golden material for a comment somewhere...

My trick is to always have my wallet and keys whenever I leave the door, no matter how briefly. That way, I don't even have to think about it.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yesterday, my Si-less self, with a fever, taking a bunch of meds, honestly and genuinely: Man this is a lot of meds. It's as if I'm sick.
Friend: You have a fever. You ARE sick.
Me: oh right

Today: Says "booking and caking" instead of "cooking and baking"

Just Hecking Now, out loud: You know what, I had a moment of stupidity where I said "booking and caking" instead of "caking and booking".
Me, not 5 seconds later: ... wait-WAIT-