• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Thought I'd share... I still doubt that only Intuitives are this unaware of their environment, as I know an ESFJ is a physical ditz at times too. She is still more aware of how things look than I am, though (like she loves to retail therapy and is a very skilled drawer/artist).

Last week (let's say, a Thursday morning) I couldn't find my umbrella. I looked multiple times in its usual place (the second pouch of my backpack). It's not that small of an umbrella so I should notice it it was there, but I didn't. I got depressed thinking that I left it at a grocery store, but my IxFJ friend went with me to the grocery store and she would have noticed if I left. I got home Thursday and ransacked my closet ...still couldn't find it.

I looked for it again in its usual location ...and there it was.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Thought I'd share... I still doubt that only Intuitives are this unaware of their environment, as I know an ESFJ is a physical ditz at times too. She is still more aware of how things look than I am, though (like she loves to retail therapy and is a very skilled drawer/artist).

Last week (let's say, a Thursday morning) I couldn't find my umbrella. I looked multiple times in its usual place (the second pouch of my backpack). It's not that small of an umbrella so I should notice it it was there, but I didn't. I got depressed thinking that I left it at a grocery store, but my IxFJ friend went with me to the grocery store and she would have noticed if I left. I got home Thursday and ransacked my closet ...still couldn't find it.

I looked for it again in its usual location ...and there it was.

Maybe it was the umbrella gnomes punking you.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Maybe it was the umbrella gnomes punking you.

haha no, it was there the whole time. I just ignored the bulge from the umbrella... some cloth was hiding it and I ...idk what I was thinking that I decided to ignore it.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Kas making lasagna.

During making bolognese sauce something was wrong as the there was something wrong with a stove, as there wasn't enough heat. So I just turned the heat up (which hasn't help much). -> It turned out that the pan was in the other pan, which I realised only after I burnt the outside one :mellow:

Logophile

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My INFP 9w1 mom said that she was talking on the phone with someone and said, "I have to go but I can't find my phone!"

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i forgot to actually turn on the washer which explains why the clothes weren't wet when i went to move them from the washer to the dryer

I lost my retainer a few days ago thanks to being a brain-dead moron and forgetting to put it back inside my case after I finished cleaning it. I must have accidentally thrown it away again. :doh: Well, that's going to be $200+ down the drain for a new one.

...And I put a container of freshly cooked rice in a cupboard filled with empty containers instead of in the fridge where it belongs.

For the SECOND time.

I ended up finding it a few days later, but had to throw it away because the rice was spoiled. This is within a week of losing my retainer as well. :dry:

Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually an intuitive. I do this WAY too often to be an Se user. It doesn't make sense. :(

Teenage me put a pen behind my ear to not lose it while maneuvering through an outdoor location on a job site. Spent five minutes looking for said pen. Ran my hand back through my hair in frustration, pen falls loudly on wooden deck. I laughed while smh and muttering the word dumbass.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i am taking online classes and therefore have never been physically to the campus because... no need.

however, there was a problem with my financial aid and i had to go in person. it snowed the night before and was snowing that morning. i had no choice. today was the deadline or i was screwed.

i drive to campus.

i arrive and realize i am not sure which building of these buildings is the one that i need. so i pull into a parking lot, get out my phone, pull up the campus map.

aha! i say. there is the building i need. as luck would have it, a road runs through the center of campus just up ahead.

i start my car. i find the road.

for a moment i glance at this road. it's snow encrusted, looks on the narrow side. however, i am assured by seeing tire tracks. i pull in.

about 500 feet on this road I realize a few things:
the road is constructed of strange materials; ie bricks.
there are students walking on this road.
the road is getting narrower. buildings hug on each side.

this isn't a road, i say to myself aloud.

for indeed, no, it is not a road. but a wide path through campus for walking.

i quell the tide of panic and realize i have two options: drive backwards or forwards. the former isn't going to work because i am in too far. i can only go forward. praying that the campus cameras don't notice.

fortunately, i am doing this between classes for only a handful of students are out. i thank the maker of smart phones because everyone has their face on their cellphone and don't notice as i sail past like a blue ship in the sunlight.

the path is getting narrower. there is no end in sight to be seen.

i notice in the other "lane" that there is one of those pope mobile type cars with a maintenance worker inside. he looks at me confused and i try to do that head salute that guys do. i probably fail.

drive casually, i say to myself.

finally. i can see the parking lot in the distance. the road is getting narrower still. but lo! the path connects to the parking lot! i am free!... to find a parking space and still arrive at my appointment.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Once I was making chili and it needed some more chili powder so I grabbed the bottle and dumped a bunch into the pot, only to realize seconds later that it was the wrong bottle and the “chili powder” was actually cinnamon. :doh: I scraped out as much as possible and then stirred the rest in with real chili powder and other spices. It ended up tasting fine with only a slight hint of something exotic, which nobody even seemed to notice. I never told anyone. Until now.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, here's one for you guys:

There's a tomato sauce I use which comes in a large can containing far more than I ever need at one time. Since I cook with this stuff a lot, I've taken to keeping a glass jar specifically for the leftover portion so I can refrigerate it. The problem is...every time I've finished off the tomato sauce and rinsed out the jar, I've promptly forgotten it was the jar I set aside for tomato sauce and thrown it in the garbage like any other empty jar.

So, now on my fourth or fifth jar, I decided to make absolutely sure my eyes would register that this was the tomato sauce jar, to be put away in the cupboard after washing, not thrown out: I decorated it with brightly colored, flowery stickers all over the jar. Can't miss that, right?

Well, I'm down to my last spoonful of tomato sauce, so I rinse out the jar clearly marked with stickers. Then I twist the lid back on, look down, see the lid has the name of a brand of preserved pears on it...and promptly throw out that empty pear jar, which I realize after I've already taken out the garbage was actually the fifth tomato sauce jar.

Oh well. At least it wasn't nearly as costly as the silverware I've thrown out three or four times now while scraping off my plate: Scrape, scrape, scrape with the fork, and right into the trash it goes! :doh:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I forget peoples birthdays quite often.

I also forget my own though, so at least it doesn't come from some kind of narcissistic self centered tendency.

Permabanned
booking a hotel for the right day of the wrong month, on a non-refundable rate :doh:

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Was looking for a towel. Opened dryer to see if there were any towels, didn't see any so kept looking around the house for over ten minutes. The dryer had been full of towels.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I once went to work several hours early, because even though I glanced at the clock several times it never registered. I was convinced it was the normal time I went to work everyday, all because I had gotten up earlier than normal.

Enneagram
9w1
my entire life

I don't see with my eyes, I don't hear with my ears, and I don't talk with my mouth.

I have pretty difficult time with anything related to senses and how to do anything physically.

I am really only sensorily aware when I'm intoxicated, which is why you'll see me drunk so often when driving a motorcycle down the freeway.

Ok no I don't do that.

Does this mean I'm actually an Ni dom with shit Se?

Kas

Fabula rasa
This week I almost went home wearing my work shoes- which would mean wearing crocs shoes to a dress :huh:

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this was a thread about bashing sensors /disappointed