• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I know!

Yes, I'm INFP. It keeps happening to me- forgetting that I’ve already done what I was supposed to do. I had similar blank moment today, though it wasn’t that absurd.
I would prefer to have different kind of double life, maybe not Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde kind, but something more adventurous than persona buying kettles and writing down appointments...

Is this why they say to concentrate on breathing?;)

Haha no. It's probably brcause if you don't you would fall asleep (which happens to me often) or your wouldn't notice uour breath becoming so thin which would reallu satisfy your sensations and mind which is turn would result in jhana (dhyana). I personally havent beem successful at breath meditation since I havent tried it much. Vipassana/mindfulness is what I have been trying since around 21-22 till now (29).

Ddue why would you want your split personality to be the one who has all the adventures. It should be you who has those :D.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sensotard moments.. usually this happens when I walk out of my house without any shoes. Sometimes I'll even walk for a couple of feet until I stop, look down, grumble, and walk the fuck back inside to get the shoes.

I got out of the house couple of times wearing formal clothes and slippers, so I had to get back and change :laugh:
Though I always wear cute slippers, it's not an awful idea to walk around wearing them

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got out of the house couple of times wearing formal clothes and slippers, so I had to get back and change :laugh:
Though I always wear cute slippers, it's not an awful idea to walk around wearing them

I have got into the shower in my clohtes before and got all my clothes wet in the past. I also break things easily due to being clusmy plus I have looked for my phone and it was in my hand lolz.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have got into the shower in my clohtes before and got all my clothes wet in the past.

Oh haha! This reminds me of when I was about 7 years old, during the summer time, me and my sister went over to my aunt's place, and from there we went to their neighbor's house where they have a cool swimming pool, which has a shower, changing room and everything, and it was a pretty big house, we went swimming in there, we left our clothes in the small changing room, I remember me and my sister left our clothes on the floor of the changing room, it's either because the hangers were too high for us to reach, or there were not enough hungers for us to hang our clothes on..
One of the girls went to take a shower, but the water never stopped flowing, she came to us calling for help, I went over there (as if I am some kind of expert or something :laugh:) I saw that some water already started to come out of the shower room, I tried to figure out how to stop it, but I couldn't, obviously, so I decided to call one of the boys to help us -Another Se user, perhaps ISTP- he was two years younger than me, he tried spinning and moving it and stuff like that, instead of stopping it, he actually broke the tap, and there was a huge rush of water coming out of there, that girl went quickly to reach for some adults' help, get them to call a plumber or something while the other kid and I were trying to kind of reduce damages, doing anything that could make adults a little less angry :rotfl: , he brought his clothes and tried to wrap up the tap, it didn't work, we closed the door, but the water was coming out from below the door, during that time the whole room was full of water, it took a very short while for it to sink in water (It was enough to cover up our feet and soak our clothes that were thrown on the ground) it was more like a small version of Titanic (except the Titanic movie was not made yet) meanwhile, the rest of kids came over running after seeing the leak of water out of the room.. It was some day!
Anyway, our clothes and shoes were all soaked in water, literally soaked! We went home literally dripping water, I think it was so much fun though :D
I just wonder if they actually have sewers in there, or were they not working as well :rofl1: Oh my God it was unbelievable!

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Put on my headphones to listen to a song. Realize two hours later that I've been rocking out to an hour and 54 minutes of silence and take them off.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Put on my headphones to listen to a song. Realize two hours later that I've been rocking out to an hour and 54 minutes of silence and take them off.

this happens to me too often.

other times I hit play on my device but will forget to put on the headphones.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Haha no. It's probably brcause if you don't you would fall asleep (which happens to me often) or your wouldn't notice uour breath becoming so thin which would reallu satisfy your sensations and mind which is turn would result in jhana (dhyana). I personally havent beem successful at breath meditation since I havent tried it much. Vipassana/mindfulness is what I have been trying since around 21-22 till now (29).

Ddue why would you want your split personality to be the one who has all the adventures. It should be you who has those :D.

Dhyana? Is that a concentration meditation or something alike?

True, wouldn't be fair. Though my problem is that as much as I love adventures when they happen to me, I'm not exactly an adventurous person. If that makes sense:shrug:

Sensotard moment from last week:
Me: What do you want to read?
Niece: Aunt.
Me: I’m there. Common, which tale do you want me to read?
Me: Perhaps about train?
Me: What’s happening hon? You want me to stop reading?
Niece: No. Read. Aunt. [pointing the page she opened book before-> “About the little liar Greg and his aunt.”]

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Thought I was hungry so I had a mini Snickers while dinner was cooking. Now I feel like puking may be in my not so distant future. I officially can't differentiate between nausea and hunger.

Edit: I have no idea, maybe this is more a Fi issue.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thought I was hungry so I had a mini Snickers while dinner was cooking. Now I feel like puking may be in my not so distant future. I officially can't differentiate between nausea and hunger.

Edit: I have no idea, maybe this is more a Fi issue.

Are you saying Fi users can't distinguish between nausea and hunger? I'm uhh... Hmm. Yes! This is true :shock:

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So you think that would be a Fi thing or a sensing thing? And would it be Se or Si?

Still trying to grasp the meanings and differences, haha.

Oh, I thought you were joking. Nah, that means your grasp over your bodily sensations are practically nonexistent, aka your Si needs a boost. But I don't know, perhaps the two... Ya, no I get ya now, they can feel similar come to think about it.

Litsnob

I have lots of them. I am so inside my own head I often don't remember if I have said something out loud to an actual person or only thought it. I don't remember if I have posted on this thread already or not because I may only have thought about it.

I fall and walk into things frequently. I bang my head often. I also tend to over-eat or under-eat because I'm not good at telling if I am hungry or full or I don't notice either until it's too late.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have lots of them. I am so inside my own head I often don't remember if I have said something out loud to an actual person or only thought it. I don't remember if I have posted on this thread already or not because I may only have thought about it.

I fall and walk into things frequently. I bang my head often. I also tend to over-eat or under-eat because I'm not good at telling if I am hungry or full or I don't notice either until it's too late.

I tend to confuse thoughts and actual memory often myself. The problem comes from visually imagining I am telling someone something. Then the moment passes but that visualization remains for whatever reason and can blend with actual memory. Have no clue what that is, but I do it too :unsure:

Litsnob

I tend to confuse thoughts and actual memory often myself. The problem comes from visually imagining I am telling someone something. Then the moment passes but that visualization remains for whatever reason and can blend with actual memory. Have no clue what that is, but I do it too :unsure:

It's interesting that you say that as my son is INFP and I think he does this quite a lot. In fact I am a bit concerned because he has memories which I am sure did not actually happen. For one thing he remembers a much more unhappy childhood than he had. He remembers doing 'bad' things he didn't do. I suspect he thought of doing them and they are now in his memory as something he did do.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's interesting that you say that as my son is INFP and I think he does this quite a lot. In fact I am a bit concerned because he has memories which I am sure did not actually happen. For one thing he remembers a much more unhappy childhood than he had. He remembers doing 'bad' things he didn't do. I suspect he thought of doing them and they are now in his memory as something he did do.

I think for me, this happens most often when I have stronger feelings tied to a particular event, and they usually involve other people. If a moment passed and I wish I had something to that person, or I have anxiety over say, an upcoming interview, I'll play that moment in my head of what I want to say, and how I want it to go. I have these visualizations all the time. Perhaps why I've been known as the space cadet between my friends growing up :p But I'm not always tucked away in my mind. I tend to go in and out between my world and the real world. Most times without my choosing, that's the annoying bit.

Enneagram
9w1
I cant remember anything at all, everything is new to me. Also Im partially oblivious to the world because my vision is blurred and takes in false stimulus, my spatial sense is completely off, being overstimulated by the world tends to not really sense anything in full detail.... I cant listen to people, I am afraid of moving objects, and I feel like exploring the world is like walking through a mine field as everyone is staring at me and wondering how I cannot see where the mines are when its so obvious to them. As you can guess, its no wonder id never consider being a sensor type for years. I mean maybe I am but just have adapted to the detached observant life. intuitive types, especially Ne, are a billion times less energy consuming to talk to, as it doesnt require being skilled at anything or that youve had lots of experience in life. Ne creates new ideas out of nowhere so you arent expected to be intelligent or perceptive or knowledgable, just participatory. You can tie Ne up to a chair in a dark room for 10 years then they come out and you could prolly talk about /something/ and they might come off as more smart than they are, but any other type would have lost all capabilities to talk intelligently as theyve been cut off from the ability to learn and create memories. Thats why I feel completely retarded until somebody talks to me.

Litsnob

I think for me, this happens most often when I have stronger feelings tied to a particular event, and they usually involve other people. If a moment passed and I wish I had something to that person, or I have anxiety over say, an upcoming interview, I'll play that moment in my head of what I want to say, and how I want it to go. I have these visualizations all the time. Perhaps why I've been known as the space cadet between my friends growing up :p But I'm not always tucked away in my mind. I tend to go in and out between my world and the real world. Most times without my choosing, that's the annoying bit.

Is your inner world a fantasy sort of world like you are in a dream? When I am in my head I am generally thinking. I am sorting out patterns, coming up with ideas and hypotheses and possibly writing essays in my head. I think in images often so these ideas might be quite visual but my point is that I don't think of it as another world. It's a realm of ideas. Though it might be more real to me than the so called real world. I think these 'sensotard' issues happen because my head world is more real or more important to me than the physical world often is and yet in my head I am trying to work out something about the physical world. I am just not paying attention to doors and tables which I might bump into.

I am curious about what you are experiencing. Are you reliving events and conversations? I used to do a lot of rehearsing conversations but I am much less likely to do that now. My life is a bit different.

What you say about the strong feelings and other people seems true of my son as well.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Is your inner world a fantasy sort of world like you are in a dream? When I am in my head I am generally thinking. I am sorting out patterns, coming up with ideas and hypotheses and possibly writing essays in my head. I think in images often so these ideas might be quite visual but my point is that I don't think of it as another world. It's a realm of ideas. Though it might be more real to me than the so called real world. I think these 'sensotard' issues happen because my head world is more real or more important to me than the physical world often is and yet in my head I am trying to work out something about the physical world. I am just not paying attention to doors and tables which I might bump into.

I am curious about what you are experiencing. Are you reliving events and conversations? I used to do a lot of rehearsing conversations but I am much less likely to do that now. My life is a bit different.

What you say about the strong feelings and other people seems true of my son as well.

hmm, good question! I don't think I really ever went into detail about what my inner world actually consists of. First of all, it's a constant dialogue inside, like I'm narrating my own life, to myself haha. My thoughts, my feelings, my perceptions. I wouldn't say it's terribly visual, but I suppose it depends on what I'm doing externally, is what my internal world looks like. If I am collecting new data, learning something new, I think in terms of algorithms and forms, it's bizarre. It's a sort of abstract way to visualize the concepts, in a way that I best understand. If I just try to jam in new information exactly as it comes, I will feel super retarded because the external world doesn't always make sense to me. I have to translate it to this particular "language" of mine. If I'm in a particularly emotional situation though, then that's when my worlds tend to blend most readily since everything I know and understand stems from emotion, and is therefore understood, not as an object or experience in itself, but as the emotion tied to it. Now, in the cases where I imagine scenarios playing out, usually they are of events in the future, then that is very realistic and visual. That's most likely why those particular events get captured as real memories down the road. There are times when what I visualize is highly fantastical, and that's usually when I'm off wandering by myself and walking the streets. I'll take what I see in front of me and just manipulate it to my liking. This happens on its own and plays out as a sort of movie in front of me. I can often laugh from these imaginations and cause people to turn my direction. I'm used to that by now, but growing up it was super embarrassing, just busting out laughing for no apparent reason :blush:

Litsnob

hmm, good question! I don't think I really ever went into detail about what my inner world actually consists of. First of all, it's a constant dialogue inside, like I'm narrating my own life, to myself haha. My thoughts, my feelings, my perceptions. I wouldn't say it's terribly visual, but I suppose it depends on what I'm doing externally, is what my internal world looks like. If I am collecting new data, learning something new, I think in terms of algorithms and forms, it's bizarre. It's a sort of abstract way to visualize the concepts, in a way that I best understand. If I just try to jam in new information exactly as it comes, I will feel super retarded because the external world doesn't always make sense to me. I have to translate it to this particular "language" of mine. If I'm in a particularly emotional situation though, then that's when my worlds tend to blend most readily since everything I know and understand stems from emotion, and is therefore understood, not as an object or experience in itself, but as the emotion tied to it. Now, in the cases where I imagine scenarios playing out, usually they are of events in the future, then that is very realistic and visual. That's most likely why those particular events get captured as real memories down the road. There are times when what I visualize is highly fantastical, and that's usually when I'm off wandering by myself and walking the streets. I'll take what I see in front of me and just manipulate it to my liking. This happens on its own and plays out as a sort of movie in front of me. I can often laugh from these imaginations and cause people to turn my direction. I'm used to that by now, but growing up it was super embarrassing, just busting out laughing for no apparent reason :blush:

It sounds quite pleasant to be able to tell yourself these stories or have movies in your head that are so real you can laugh about them. My oldest friend ( friends from age 6 and we are 49 now ) is ENFP and she is definitely the sort who would burst out laughing when nobody else would see a reason to. My son, as a child, would have bad dreams and so I told him to imagine funny things. I would hear him lying in bed awake and laughing. When I went to check on him he would tell me what he was imagining and how funny it was. I guess he could do the inner mind movie thing too. :) I am not nearly as entertaining and am more likely to be doing philosophy in my head or planting a garden.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It sounds quite pleasant to be able to tell yourself these stories or have movies in your head that are so real you can laugh about them. My oldest friend ( friends from age 6 and we are 49 now ) is ENFP and she is definitely the sort who would burst out laughing when nobody else would see a reason to. My son, as a child, would have bad dreams and so I told him to imagine funny things. I would hear him lying in bed awake and laughing. When I went to check on him he would tell me what he was imagining and how funny it was. I guess he could do the inner mind movie thing too. :) I am not nearly as entertaining and am more likely to be doing philosophy in my head or planting a garden.

I think a good way to do this, if you'd like to try this out for yourself, is to think of life as something malleable with absolutely nothing stuck in stone. The sky doesn't have to be blue, the earth doesn't have to hold things down with gravity. The laws of physics are merely suggestions. See things for the irony they are and almost mock things for what they wish to be. This is a fantastic basis for thinking up unusual things in your surroundings. :)