• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Coming from...a sensor? *suspicious sniffing*

Welcome to the club! I'd give you your welcome basket, but I lost it...
Heh yeah, I'm not the most absent-minded person I've ever heard of, but I am the worst case I've met IRL (a dubious honour), with the notable exception of my family. My entire family is like that, parents and all siblings, to varying degrees (I'm probably medium-severity compared to the others). So probably upbringing or genetics, or both.

I'm both constantly thinking (not about abstract things, more day-to-day life things) and EXTREMELY easily distracted, either mentally or by things happening in the real world. A bad combination - my mind is rarely on what I'm actually doing at the time, although it's nice when it is (then it's usually something interesting, of course, not "mindfully" putting the groceries away).

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I really love to read these things. I did a few of these things here, such becoming "blind" to items that remain in the same place indefinitely, and my ESFJ mother used to always SCREAM at me about how "abnormal" and "oblivious" I was. Either that or scream at me about "obviously not caring, otherwise I'd have noticed".

I'm *always* bumping my hips into things.

On that note, when I wear jeans, stupid hooks on the wall are always grabbing the loops of my jeans. This REALLY pisses me off for some reason.

You know what's funny?

I have a very very good idea of where everything is in my house. So If I walk downstairs at night in pitch darkness, I know where everything is, so I don't stub my toes or walk trip on something. Even if the item is newly placed in that position, I tend to have a recollection of it. So if I take out a space heater to use, and leave it there, I'll recall that change and be able to avoid hitting it or tripping on the cord. It just comes out of nowhere. I don't force myself to remember where everything is.

But on more than one occasion I have walked into a screen or glass patio door...........

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know what's funny?

I have a very very good idea of where everything is in my house. So If I walk downstairs at night in pitch darkness, I know where everything is, so I don't stub my toes or walk trip on something. Even if the item is newly placed in that position, I tend to have a recollection of it. So if I take out a space heater to use, and leave it there, I'll recall that change and be able to avoid hitting it or tripping on the cord. It just comes out of nowhere. I don't force myself to remember where everything is.

But on more than one occasion I have walked into a screen or glass patio door...........

Hmph. I always have to turn on the light. Although my place is really messy and I'm totally blind at night, so that's probably it. I don't remember changes or moved positions at all...argh. Is this a lack of Si or Se?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmph. I always have to turn on the light. Although my place is really messy and I'm totally blind at night, so that's probably it. I don't remember changes or moved positions at all...argh. Is this a lack of Si or Se?

It's Si. I'm not expert on Se, but if the mess is constant, I have a very very good idea of where things are- Si. Yesterday I decided to sleep on my couch since I wanted to watch my DVR, so I walked into my bedroom- pitch dark. My room is organized chaos. I was able to walk around the bed and not stub my toe, avoid the bags and boxes, and had a good appoximation of where my phone charger was. Then walked out. It wasn't as if I was tip toeing to minimize impact, I knew where I could walk freely, and places where I either had to extend my step to step over something or take smaller steps because the area was cramped. ( I have a big bedroom) I never turned on the light to do this.

Se to me sounds like like a more sweeping awareness of all of your surroundings.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok, I challenge ANYONE to top this. I am, without a doubt, the biggest idiot of all time.

Last night, I left my computer plugged into the adapter...ALL FUCKING NIGHT. I shouldn't be alive right now. There is something seriously wrong with me, and I might schedule an appointment with a shrink to get to the bottom of this.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, I challenge ANYONE to top this. I am, without a doubt, the biggest idiot of all time.

Last night, I left my computer plugged into the adapter...ALL FUCKING NIGHT. I shouldn't be alive right now. There is something seriously wrong with me, and I might schedule an appointment with a shrink to get to the bottom of this.

what?.....WHAT???? Lol. I leave EVERYTHING open. I'm still alive. :)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

What's wrong with that? I do that all the time.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what?.....WHAT???? Lol. I leave EVERYTHING open. I'm still alive. :)

Probably not things that could catch fire, like plugged in adapters! It could've exploded, overheated, etc etc. I'm a complete dumbass, and I'm usually exceedingly careful to double, triple, or quadruple check that I didn't leave anything plugged in or on.

And last night I went to bed without checking. :steam:

What's wrong with that? I do that all the time.

That's how house fires start. :dont:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Probably not things that could catch fire, like plugged in adapters! It could've exploded, overheated, etc etc. I'm a complete dumbass, and I'm usually exceedingly careful to double, triple, or quadruple check that I didn't leave anything plugged in or on.

And last night I went to bed without checking. :steam:

That's how house fires start. :dont:

I've heard that before, but is this really true? At a conference once a buddy of mine left his computer plugged in and it started fire, but it seems like more exception than the rule.

LOL. I will octuple check to make sure that I have locked the doors at night before I go to bed, and will run up and down the steps about 6 times before I leave the house when I'm gone for a long time, to make sure that all lights are off, iron's unplugged, the TV is off, and the spaceheater's off.

V

violaine

I've done this before! I show up to school wondering why my clothes is so tight, then I realize I didn't take my pajamas off before putting on my clothes!

Also, once when I was talking to my brother, for some reason, I wanted to say I liked the lamp that was next to me, but instead, I said, "I really like this fan." I immediately burst into laughter because I thought of how stupid that sounded, and my brother just gave me a strange look. Also, during that same conversation, I wanted to say "pretty cool", but it came out as "critty". I combine words a lot.

I don't know what's wrong with me.
:alttongue:

:rofl1:

I've been really working hard to combat my general tardedness in this respect and much fewer incidents of late. I did set off a store wide, unbelievably ear-splitting panic alarm from a bathroom a little while ago cos I pushed the wrong button for flush. Oh boy, quite the walk of shame after one of the store workers raced to my rescue. :/ In a very quiet bookstore no less. Lol.

And I still can't for the life of me describe a room I've been in in detail after the fact. :doh: But otherwise, I feel like I'm getting on top of this particular deficiency. :solidarity:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had a hangnail that I didn't realize was bleeding until the blood stained my shirt.

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I did set off a store wide, unbelievably ear-splitting panic alarm from a bathroom a little while ago cos I pushed the wrong button for flush. Oh boy, quite the walk of shame after one of the store workers raced to my rescue. :/ In a very quiet bookstore no less. Lol.

This has got to be one of the most hilarious things I've ever read! ROTFLOL

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Spent 20 mins this morning looking for my keys- and they were on me the whole time!

Si took me to last night remembering that I did grab them to set the alarm from inside before I went to sleep- and realized I had it (car) locked in the garage.

I don't remember seeing them this morning, though somewhere in getting dressed I put them in my blazer I had on. I checked my pants pockets and my coat, but never the blazer. That's why I hate having so many pockets.

LESSON If your car is keyless entry, even if you can't find your keys at least go up to the car and hit the button. If it opens, your fine.
I realized this today after I got my coffee- and again my key got lost in the depth of pockets.

V

violaine

^ugh, lols. Hmm the idea of keyless entry scares me somehow.

This has got to be one of the most hilarious things I've ever read! ROTFLOL

I was laughing so hard, (I don't like touching anything with my hands in public restrooms so I had actually very skillfully kicked this button with my heel. I was kicking and kicking at it trying to turn it off, haha).

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I remember about 8 years ago I was walking with some friends and I walked into a tree. Haha it was so ridiculous, I was under the impression that someone punched me.

Last summer I was running around looking for something, in a friend's garden,..when all of a sudden a tree pointed his branch at me and got into my eye.

Can't stand'em trees. They're always in the way.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
^ugh, lols. Hmm the idea of keyless entry scares me somehow.

I was laughing so hard, (I don't like touching anything with my hands in public restrooms so I had actually very skillfully kicked this button with my heel. I was kicking and kicking at it trying to turn it off, haha).

You ever hit the gas when you really wanted to hit the breaks? I almost took out 2 people this way.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You ever hit the gas when you really wanted to hit the breaks? I almost took out 2 people this way.

:( Yes. I don't like driving so I avoid it. The power you have to kill people with is scary.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:( Yes. I don't like driving so I avoid it. The power you have to kill people with is scary.