• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I sometimes pump hand soap onto my toothbrush.
I always notice before I put it in my mouth. (smell)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Apparently the star of this show: Doc Marten is an INTJ.

Three minutes into that episode he walks right into a door. BAM! Hahahahaha. :rofl1:

I'm watching this now, it's funny, INTJs are jerks though lol.

...to add to the thread...

My entp dad backed his truck up into my car. In day light. My car is white.

Talk radio was certainly involved.

TiNe_2_IP

MBTI Type
INTP
Looking back I realize that it was after too many embarrassing 'sensotard' incidents that I started to develop my Si in earnest. I started setting up a framework around me that would help lessen the chances of me getting caught out. e.g. made sure I never mislaid my keys again by putting a dedicated recepticle near the front door and forcing myself to put my keys there everytime until it became an unconscious habit.
Started consciously telling myself 'I am shutting the front door and locking it' and never giving in to the voice that told me that I would remember to retrieve the car keys that I had put down in the boot before I closed it.
Now I'm totally together with mundane stuff like that. I appear competent and organized in my sphere of influence, so much so that I was mistyped as a 'J' by myself and others for awhile.

One recollection:
I was in my 'no-one messes with me stage of life' :2ar15: when my mother and I went shopping one day. We couldn't find a parking spot near the store we were visiting which annoyed me, so after having walked some distance, I spotted a park very close to the store. I made my mother go back and get the car while I stood in the space so that no-one else could grab it. While she was gone a car attempted to pull into the space but I wasn't going to budge, this was MY space. The driver smiled at me, reversed back a couple of feet and pulled into the empty space next door, the one I hadn't noticed. :doh:

I think what was so painful for me was the inability to laugh at myself during these incidents. I just felt humiliated and stupid, above all INTP's never want to appear 'stupid'. Of course I can look back and laugh now and if do find myself being a 'sensotard' at least now I can control the blushing - maybe? :blush:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure if this counts, but I'm goin for it anyways.

The other day I was watching the guy I'm dating (ENTP) take apart a friend's laptop to replace a screen. I started talking to him about how something happened to the screen on my old laptop, and how my boss at the time was nice enough to help me fix it.

Several minutes of silence later, with the conversation we just had still whirling around in my head, I walked up and started making out with him (out of sheer boredom, of course). Out of the corner of my eye, I was reading the website he had up on his own laptop, which was a step-by-step guide on how to take apart the particular model he was working on. The way he was going about fixing it was the exact same way my boss went about fixing my laptop. Which is probably the norm for this kind of thing, but the thought never occured to me since it was only the second time I watched a laptop being taken apart ... so it struck me as interesting anyways. So without thinking, and while I'm still making out with him, I go: "Hah. Funny. This is exactly what my boss was doing when he was fixing my laptop."

He stopped kissing me, gave me a bewildered look, and goes: "Say wha--? He was making out with you when he was fixing your laptop?!"

:doh:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
that's sounds like more of a Te-tard for the both of you.
not being 'on the same page' mentally.

but it's a good story either way.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, guy driving down street looks at 2 UPS trucks on side of road to see whats going on. In the process of turning his head he also turns his steering wheel, hits a curb, and blows his tire. He is now the one on the side of the road while people look at him to see what happened :D

T

ThatGirl

My co worker and I were joking around about locking your keys in your car this morning. She thought she had but hadn't. I was telling her that I do this on pretty much a monthly basis.

So, I went out for a quick cigarette break about two hours later and sure enough.....

P

Phantonym

I was cooking dinner. A simple dish I've done for years. After it was cooked I noticed that I didn't add one important ingredient that I had been staring at a while ago. :doh:

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last night I was in a small gas station, talking about how a bottle of water five times the size of another one of the same brand was only 40 cents more, and I decided to open the case to demonstrate this. Unfortunately, I forgot to move my head out of the way, causing a head-on collision and 15 seconds of laughter on my part.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I drove three hundred miles, to go visit my brother on the otherside of the state. I got there and we had decided to get some dinner. On our way to the restaurant I got a phone call from my father. I didn't pick it up fast enough so I missed it, but he calls my brother soon after. My brother turns around in the car and asks me if I have my wallet. I check my back pocket, where it normally is, I stop, and ask "where is it?" I had lost it on some stairs that I went down that morning.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I remembered another!

I arrived at my school, for rehearsal. I got out of my car and headed towards the building. I went into my directors room and was there for about a half hour when I realized I had forgotten my script from my car. I head back and when I got to my vehicle I had left my door half way open. I have done this twice.

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I regularly turn off the ignition before putting the car in park. If it's stopped and my foot is on the brake I'll probably forget to put it in park--this is more likely than me remembering to put it in park. I'm 22 and have had my license for years.

ROTFLOL! I do this too! Then I sit there REALLY confused for a minute or two wondering why my key just WILL NOT come out of the ignition! No matter what I do! I wiggle the steering wheel, cycle the brakes, turn the key up then back down as far as it'll go, and it STILL WON'T BUDGE!

Then I realize it's still in "drive."
:doh:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ENTP daughter was playing piano. For some time she was struggling until at last I said to her, "don't you think it'd be easier without that umbrella lying over the keys?" she looked up. "Umbrella?" :laugh:

I was struggling to read a newspaper yesterday, when my ESFJ daughter came in the room, switched on the light and said "Why are you reading in the dark?" and i was like, "ah, I thought it was more difficult than usual... I was contemplating cleaning my glasses, but..." :blush:

Any other amusing anecdotes of sensotardation? :)
Two days ago I left the stove on. Almost burned down the house.

Day before, I went to put the dry clothes in a basket and the washed clothes in the dryer, ended up putting the wet clothes in the basked and leaving the dry ones in the dryer. Had to wash the wet clothes again.

Seriatim, ad nauseam.

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
Other Se-tard moments - my mind tunes out most of the buttons and navigational thingies on websites as irrelevant and useless, and therefore I just don't see most of them. It took me AGES (like, 6 months or so) to work out how to do multiquote because I never ever noticed the button for it. I only realised that such a thing existed when someone mentioned it in a thread, and it still took me ages to find it. :doh:

WOAH! You can do that? *looks* There it is! Wow!

that's funny, I'm useless in malls too, it gets frustrating. I don't know why.

Me too! ... I normally wouldn't have added to this, but it was just under the above post and so it was conveniently placed for me to do a double-quote!

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I use to purchase shirts that dipped down in the front because I never had a problem putting it on correctly, but I'm female and low cut shirts attract too much attention.

I think I'd have to say there's no problem with that... :) (two years later, of course)

Super Nova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
I've lived in the same town for fifteen years and I still forget street names. Although I can visualize the streets perfectly. Yeah, giving people directions is a challenge. I'll be like, "Uh, you know, there's that big brick building next to that house with the dog that's always barking? You know, the one with the big oak trees? Shaker shingle roof? Turn down there." :doh:

I am a definite Sensotard when it comes to directions. I can get where I'm going, but I'm at a loss when it comes to advising others on how to get around.

Super Nova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Smudges on glasses, or dust on my monitor or tv, I can have a fairly notable sized blotch on a screen and not even realize it.

I notice such things, but I don't let them distract me from whatever else I might be doing when I notice them. When that happens, other people sometimes accuse me of being guilty of "sensotardism."