User Tag List

First 42829091929394102 Last

Results 911 to 920 of 1072

  1. #911
    Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    4,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    So you think that would be a Fi thing or a sensing thing? And would it be Se or Si?

    Still trying to grasp the meanings and differences, haha.
    Oh, I thought you were joking. Nah, that means your grasp over your bodily sensations are practically nonexistent, aka your Si needs a boost. But I don't know, perhaps the two... Ya, no I get ya now, they can feel similar come to think about it.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt


    ~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Saprophytic Aphrodite liked this post

  2. #912
    Senior Member Litsnob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    303

    Default

    I have lots of them. I am so inside my own head I often don't remember if I have said something out loud to an actual person or only thought it. I don't remember if I have posted on this thread already or not because I may only have thought about it.

    I fall and walk into things frequently. I bang my head often. I also tend to over-eat or under-eat because I'm not good at telling if I am hungry or full or I don't notice either until it's too late.
    Likes Saprophytic Aphrodite liked this post

  3. #913
    Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    4,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litsnob View Post
    I have lots of them. I am so inside my own head I often don't remember if I have said something out loud to an actual person or only thought it. I don't remember if I have posted on this thread already or not because I may only have thought about it.

    I fall and walk into things frequently. I bang my head often. I also tend to over-eat or under-eat because I'm not good at telling if I am hungry or full or I don't notice either until it's too late.
    I tend to confuse thoughts and actual memory often myself. The problem comes from visually imagining I am telling someone something. Then the moment passes but that visualization remains for whatever reason and can blend with actual memory. Have no clue what that is, but I do it too
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt


    ~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer

  4. #914
    Senior Member Litsnob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    I tend to confuse thoughts and actual memory often myself. The problem comes from visually imagining I am telling someone something. Then the moment passes but that visualization remains for whatever reason and can blend with actual memory. Have no clue what that is, but I do it too
    It's interesting that you say that as my son is INFP and I think he does this quite a lot. In fact I am a bit concerned because he has memories which I am sure did not actually happen. For one thing he remembers a much more unhappy childhood than he had. He remembers doing 'bad' things he didn't do. I suspect he thought of doing them and they are now in his memory as something he did do.

  5. #915
    Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    4,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litsnob View Post
    It's interesting that you say that as my son is INFP and I think he does this quite a lot. In fact I am a bit concerned because he has memories which I am sure did not actually happen. For one thing he remembers a much more unhappy childhood than he had. He remembers doing 'bad' things he didn't do. I suspect he thought of doing them and they are now in his memory as something he did do.
    I think for me, this happens most often when I have stronger feelings tied to a particular event, and they usually involve other people. If a moment passed and I wish I had something to that person, or I have anxiety over say, an upcoming interview, I'll play that moment in my head of what I want to say, and how I want it to go. I have these visualizations all the time. Perhaps why I've been known as the space cadet between my friends growing up :P But I'm not always tucked away in my mind. I tend to go in and out between my world and the real world. Most times without my choosing, that's the annoying bit.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt


    ~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Litsnob liked this post

  6. #916
    also known as Chry Terralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Enneagram
    946
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    408

    Default

    I cant remember anything at all, everything is new to me. Also Im partially oblivious to the world because my vision is blurred and takes in false stimulus, my spatial sense is completely off, being overstimulated by the world tends to not really sense anything in full detail.... I cant listen to people, I am afraid of moving objects, and I feel like exploring the world is like walking through a mine field as everyone is staring at me and wondering how I cannot see where the mines are when its so obvious to them. As you can guess, its no wonder id never consider being a sensor type for years. I mean maybe I am but just have adapted to the detached observant life. intuitive types, especially Ne, are a billion times less energy consuming to talk to, as it doesnt require being skilled at anything or that youve had lots of experience in life. Ne creates new ideas out of nowhere so you arent expected to be intelligent or perceptive or knowledgable, just participatory. You can tie Ne up to a chair in a dark room for 10 years then they come out and you could prolly talk about /something/ and they might come off as more smart than they are, but any other type would have lost all capabilities to talk intelligently as theyve been cut off from the ability to learn and create memories. Thats why I feel completely retarded until somebody talks to me.

  7. #917
    Senior Member Litsnob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    I think for me, this happens most often when I have stronger feelings tied to a particular event, and they usually involve other people. If a moment passed and I wish I had something to that person, or I have anxiety over say, an upcoming interview, I'll play that moment in my head of what I want to say, and how I want it to go. I have these visualizations all the time. Perhaps why I've been known as the space cadet between my friends growing up :P But I'm not always tucked away in my mind. I tend to go in and out between my world and the real world. Most times without my choosing, that's the annoying bit.

    Is your inner world a fantasy sort of world like you are in a dream? When I am in my head I am generally thinking. I am sorting out patterns, coming up with ideas and hypotheses and possibly writing essays in my head. I think in images often so these ideas might be quite visual but my point is that I don't think of it as another world. It's a realm of ideas. Though it might be more real to me than the so called real world. I think these 'sensotard' issues happen because my head world is more real or more important to me than the physical world often is and yet in my head I am trying to work out something about the physical world. I am just not paying attention to doors and tables which I might bump into.

    I am curious about what you are experiencing. Are you reliving events and conversations? I used to do a lot of rehearsing conversations but I am much less likely to do that now. My life is a bit different.

    What you say about the strong feelings and other people seems true of my son as well.

  8. #918
    Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    4,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litsnob View Post
    Is your inner world a fantasy sort of world like you are in a dream? When I am in my head I am generally thinking. I am sorting out patterns, coming up with ideas and hypotheses and possibly writing essays in my head. I think in images often so these ideas might be quite visual but my point is that I don't think of it as another world. It's a realm of ideas. Though it might be more real to me than the so called real world. I think these 'sensotard' issues happen because my head world is more real or more important to me than the physical world often is and yet in my head I am trying to work out something about the physical world. I am just not paying attention to doors and tables which I might bump into.

    I am curious about what you are experiencing. Are you reliving events and conversations? I used to do a lot of rehearsing conversations but I am much less likely to do that now. My life is a bit different.

    What you say about the strong feelings and other people seems true of my son as well.
    hmm, good question! I don't think I really ever went into detail about what my inner world actually consists of. First of all, it's a constant dialogue inside, like I'm narrating my own life, to myself haha. My thoughts, my feelings, my perceptions. I wouldn't say it's terribly visual, but I suppose it depends on what I'm doing externally, is what my internal world looks like. If I am collecting new data, learning something new, I think in terms of algorithms and forms, it's bizarre. It's a sort of abstract way to visualize the concepts, in a way that I best understand. If I just try to jam in new information exactly as it comes, I will feel super retarded because the external world doesn't always make sense to me. I have to translate it to this particular "language" of mine. If I'm in a particularly emotional situation though, then that's when my worlds tend to blend most readily since everything I know and understand stems from emotion, and is therefore understood, not as an object or experience in itself, but as the emotion tied to it. Now, in the cases where I imagine scenarios playing out, usually they are of events in the future, then that is very realistic and visual. That's most likely why those particular events get captured as real memories down the road. There are times when what I visualize is highly fantastical, and that's usually when I'm off wandering by myself and walking the streets. I'll take what I see in front of me and just manipulate it to my liking. This happens on its own and plays out as a sort of movie in front of me. I can often laugh from these imaginations and cause people to turn my direction. I'm used to that by now, but growing up it was super embarrassing, just busting out laughing for no apparent reason
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt


    ~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer

  9. #919
    Senior Member Litsnob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    hmm, good question! I don't think I really ever went into detail about what my inner world actually consists of. First of all, it's a constant dialogue inside, like I'm narrating my own life, to myself haha. My thoughts, my feelings, my perceptions. I wouldn't say it's terribly visual, but I suppose it depends on what I'm doing externally, is what my internal world looks like. If I am collecting new data, learning something new, I think in terms of algorithms and forms, it's bizarre. It's a sort of abstract way to visualize the concepts, in a way that I best understand. If I just try to jam in new information exactly as it comes, I will feel super retarded because the external world doesn't always make sense to me. I have to translate it to this particular "language" of mine. If I'm in a particularly emotional situation though, then that's when my worlds tend to blend most readily since everything I know and understand stems from emotion, and is therefore understood, not as an object or experience in itself, but as the emotion tied to it. Now, in the cases where I imagine scenarios playing out, usually they are of events in the future, then that is very realistic and visual. That's most likely why those particular events get captured as real memories down the road. There are times when what I visualize is highly fantastical, and that's usually when I'm off wandering by myself and walking the streets. I'll take what I see in front of me and just manipulate it to my liking. This happens on its own and plays out as a sort of movie in front of me. I can often laugh from these imaginations and cause people to turn my direction. I'm used to that by now, but growing up it was super embarrassing, just busting out laughing for no apparent reason
    It sounds quite pleasant to be able to tell yourself these stories or have movies in your head that are so real you can laugh about them. My oldest friend ( friends from age 6 and we are 49 now ) is ENFP and she is definitely the sort who would burst out laughing when nobody else would see a reason to. My son, as a child, would have bad dreams and so I told him to imagine funny things. I would hear him lying in bed awake and laughing. When I went to check on him he would tell me what he was imagining and how funny it was. I guess he could do the inner mind movie thing too. :-) I am not nearly as entertaining and am more likely to be doing philosophy in my head or planting a garden.

  10. #920
    Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    4,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litsnob View Post
    It sounds quite pleasant to be able to tell yourself these stories or have movies in your head that are so real you can laugh about them. My oldest friend ( friends from age 6 and we are 49 now ) is ENFP and she is definitely the sort who would burst out laughing when nobody else would see a reason to. My son, as a child, would have bad dreams and so I told him to imagine funny things. I would hear him lying in bed awake and laughing. When I went to check on him he would tell me what he was imagining and how funny it was. I guess he could do the inner mind movie thing too. :-) I am not nearly as entertaining and am more likely to be doing philosophy in my head or planting a garden.
    I think a good way to do this, if you'd like to try this out for yourself, is to think of life as something malleable with absolutely nothing stuck in stone. The sky doesn't have to be blue, the earth doesn't have to hold things down with gravity. The laws of physics are merely suggestions. See things for the irony they are and almost mock things for what they wish to be. This is a fantastic basis for thinking up unusual things in your surroundings.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt


    ~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Sensotard Vs. Intuitard Moments
    By Mal12345 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 05:24 AM
  2. [NT] Defining Moments in the making of an NT.
    By ladypinkington in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 06:42 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Sensotard Moments
    By Apollanaut in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO