• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Pretty much any conversation with my Mother. She does not understand any sort of word-play.
Sarcasm, puns, anything with a hidden, implied or inferred meaning will send her into a rage.

These are probably my faveorite:

I was in my room when I heard "GODAMNIIIIIIT!"
I walked into the living room to see her doing a puzzle.
"Why are you screaming at a puzzle?"
(I really turn up my nonchalant attitude around her. Drives her mad as hell.)
" This ONE piece! I can't find this ONE fucking piece!"
I looked at the puzzle, glanced at the pile of pieces for a moment, picked up a piece and placed it in the hole she was raging at.
" UUUUUUUURRRRRGH! YOU GO! GIT! GIT OUT OF HERE!!!"

Then was the day she called me during a power outage...

Mom: Hey honey, whatcha doin?
Me: *Very annoyed* Learning that science is wrong; fire does NOT heat water.
Mom: *Angry* "What!? What the hell are you talking about!?
Me: *Poking at fireplace* The power went out before I got any coffee AND the grill has no propane so now I'm using my tiny cast iron saucepan-which my husband said had no use-to heat water in the fireplace but I think Ima die of caffeine withdraw before that happens.
Mom: Uuuugh! Are you stupid?! That is SO dangerous!!
Me: it really isn't.
Mom: Well maybe not for anyone else but you know you're clumsy! What if you knock it over!!?
Me: Knock over...the sauce pan?
Mom: yeah!
Me: ...the saucepan full of water?
Mom: yes.
Me: You're asking "What if the sauce pan full of water gets knocked over and spills into the fire??
Mom: Yeah, you could get seriously hurt!
Me: ....okay, well, I'm gonna let you think about that while I slowly waste away waiting on this bitch.
Mom: Fine. Just don't call me when you hurt yourself! *click*

INTP1W2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1W2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I freak out when I've jumped in the car to head out for work when I realize I don't have my bluetooth headphones around my neck. I jump out the car and run back into the house and then realize not only are they around my neck but in my ears too.

I'm notorious for looking for my glasses when I already have them on. I even have a little thing I do with my hands to check if I do, in fact, have my glasses on. Don't know why.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today I was looking for my vape device all over the house, on the verge of being late for work, then I realized it had already been in my hand.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tried to lean on the wall that was at least four feet away from me.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have two modes. Hyper aware of everything and have kick ass spacial awareness or totally oblivious and I spend 20 minutes looking for the keys I have in my hand, put my phone through the dishwasher and walk straight into the wall.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why did I do the thumbs-up gesture when I said hello to a stranger? What's wrong with me?

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My husband was amazed that I am just now noticing our neighbors new angel statue that's been there for months.....

ME:

Or has it??????

I've seen those Dr Who episodes. Now I can't blink whenever I drive or walk by there.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depersonalization/Derealization?

Can't get any more disconnected from sensing than that. Everything feels fake. And I get this feeling constantly. I'm use to it.

Like I'm watching a movie and not really there.

I've contemplated being Se-blind because of this but it's actually a condition I have so idk if it can really be mixed together or explained away.

c1094e45b0f69b2ca1c8b985a9aceefe.jpg

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Taking a week to memorize a 10 min walking route because the moment you tail behind someone else, you utterly zone out.

"Please take [item] from [location] and bring it to me."
"What [item]?"
*I check, [item] was within my proximity the entire time*

"What party?"
"What? You know, Justin's Birthday Party."
"You mean the one yesterday?"
"...IX, it was 6 days ago."

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Friend: How often do I say [word]?
Me: Uh, I don't know, I mean I think I remember seeing you say it at least once.

[Pulls up chat logs, sees that they had said that word repeatedly the past few hours, and even a few right before they asked me that question]

Making a fancy IN-- club for all the elite boys and girls to rant about how environmentally impaired they are to make themselves feel better by strengthening their misconceptions as a form of validating their fragile self-esteem and fulfilling their need for a sense of security in this threatening, nonsensical, concrete, and unimaginative world.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The other day I was about to get out of the car to enter a store and went to put on my gloves first. I had placed them in my lap while driving. I picked up the one, but couldn't find the other. I started looking around on the floor, the passenger seat, the door pocket etc. and started to wonder whether I had dropped it in the parking lot of the last store I went to.

Of course the "missing" glove was on my other hand.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Was following behind someone on campus on my way to class, almost followed them into their class.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I left the toast in too long.

I put it in, set it. Came back when it was cooled off. Still wanted it hot. So I heated it up again and totally forgot about it. And it smoked the whole house up. Had to air everything out. I just casually took the toast and through it in the trash like "Welp. That just happened".

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Every morning, I keep forgetting where I kept my car and hotel keys... even though I keep them all in my purse or briefcase the night before, *precisely* so that I don’t lose track of them. :blush:

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I once wore the same shoe size for almost two years at one point and found that, for a good portion of that time, my foot was more than two shoe sizes larger. Of course I didn't notice though

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
-Hey.
-Hum, hey.
-Don't you recognize me?
-No.
-I live right next to you.
-No, I don't recognize you.
-I always say hi to you when I see you.
-I still don't recognize you.
-I brought you homemade pizza last time.
-Sorry, no.
-We took this picture together.
-I don't remember.
-We've been to the same high school.
-No.
-We used to sit next to each other.
-No.
-We might be related.
-No.
- *existential crisis*

Kas

Fabula rasa
Every morning, I keep forgetting where I kept my car and hotel keys... even though I keep them all in my purse or briefcase the night before, *precisely* so that I don’t lose track of them. :blush:

This is not that bad. My friend regularly is late for work because she can't find her car :laugh:

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
-"Where's my car?"
-"You're not my girlfriend. Oh, well. You'll do."
-"The mirror is broken."
-"You're too close."
-"Is this a pigeon?"
-"I stepped on something."
-"All people look the same in this goddamn country. Can you at least wear different clothes?"
-"If this is not incest I don't know what this is."
-"I could swear I left my kid right here. That's okay. I'll just make another one."