• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ah and remember: A car key is quite useless when you lock it in your car. :doh:

Thanks to this universal principle, if my current career fails I can always fall back on my potential as a car thief... the number of times, and the variety of cars that I've broken into... :doh:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
yesterday morning i was flossing my teeth... when i was finished, instead of throwing away the used floss, i set it on the counter and proceeded to chuck the entire floss dispenser in the toilet :doh:

it was one of those mornings

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
yesterday morning i was flossing my teeth... once i was done i quickly set down the used piece of floss on the counter and chucked the floss container into the toilet without thinking twice :doh:
That's the problem. Sensors think once, thus acting rashly, and intuitives think thrice, thus spending too much time ignoring reality.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was gonna say Grayscale, imagine living your entire life as one constant stream of those moments... haha :)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think it appears that an acute case of N could mean a promising career as a standup comedian. Just stand there and narrate your day. They won't believe it wasn't made up!

incomple...

MBTI Type
PINT
Thanks to this universal principle, if my current career fails I can always fall back on my potential as a car thief... the number of times, and the variety of cars that I've broken into... :doh:

Haha, exactly! Maybe we Ns develop our creativity just as a compensation skill - in order to fix things we broke due to those absent minded moments. ;)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Haha, exactly! Maybe we Ns develop our creativity just as a compensation skill - in order to fix things we broke due to those absent minded moments. ;)

I've often wondered the same thing myself.
I'm reasonably sure this is what's behind a lot of my improvization skills... just having had to learn to improvize bloody well and bloody fast, due to being caught with my pants down so often... ha!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
My ENTP daughter was playing piano. For some time she was struggling until at last I said to her, "don't you think it'd be easier without that umbrella lying over the keys?" she looked up. "Umbrella?" :laugh:

I was struggling to read a newspaper yesterday, when my ESFJ daughter came in the room, switched on the light and said "Why are you reading in the dark?" and i was like, "ah, I thought it was more difficult than usual... I was contemplating cleaning my glasses, but..." :blush:

Any other amusing anecdotes of sensotardation? :)

These could also be T-tarded moments.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've run into a mailbox on my bike while turning my head to see what my friend was saying, when my friend was saying "Look out for that mailbox!"

On the highway, I sometimes swerve a bit because I was trying to look at the cows in the field I'm driving by and have forgotten that I'm the one driving.

I've tried to put eyedrops in without taking off the cap and then getting confused and trying to unblock the nozzle, finally throwing the eyedrops at the floor and THEN realising the cap was on.

I'll try to reach into [insert container type here] while the lid is on several times before I understand why my hand keeps hitting something.

I've walked into doors, doorframes, door knobs multiple times.

I don't recognise people until they are right in front of me and waving frantically.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
These could also be T-tarded moments.

they could indeed, tho I'm fairly certain the issues were due to lack of noticing things, as opposed to not knowing what to do about noticed things...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
might be harder to figure out what would qualify as an intuitard moment for a parallel thread... :thinking:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I do this a lot but this is my favorite;

I was catching a connecting flight with my boys. They were about 1 and 5 at the time. The first plane was late and I was hurrying. At one point I stopped and asked my oldest..where is your brother?? I was freaking out. OMG where is my baby?

Mama?
What? I gotta find your brother!
Mama...he's right there.<pointing>

I was holding him in my left arm the entire time. He was looking at me like :wtf:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I almost forgot to grab my umbrella when I walked out of a locked room today.

I once left the house out of the back door, completely forgetting that the front door was wide open. It stayed like that all day long. Fortunately, no one stole anything. Starla still gives me hell for it, calls me an airhead.

The other day I was filling a bucket for the fishtank, and left the room. Five minutes later I realized it was overflowing.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
might be harder to figure out what would qualify as an intuitard moment for a parallel thread... :thinking:

:laugh: 98 percent of the time that I'm reading this forum, it's an "intuitard moment."

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I've also put my second pair of glasses on -- right on top of my first pair, not realizing I was already wearing a pair.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Looking for my glasses and they are on my face.
Heh, I know that one well.

I'm very good at finding reasons to put stuff in the fridge: stuffed animals, textbooks, my toothbrush... Normally I manage to catch myself before I leave it in there (especially when things like textbooks block the door from closing), but I remember spending about ten minutes or so looking for my stupid toothbrush before I realized what happened.