• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I can relate to way too many of these anecdotes. I think I need more Si.

Two Tuesdays ago, I was running laps around the block and tripped over an unlevel surface in the sidewalk. Never mind the fact that I didn't notice it when I was running, I went about an hour before discovering I was bleeding and needed stitches.

Many times if I am reading something and it either bores me or I'm just too busy thinking of something else I can be "reading" the book until I stop and notice that I don't remember anything I had been reading for the past half hour. I'm actually reading the book and saying the words in my head, but my thoughts are focused entirely somewhere different while I'm doing it. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Ahaha Stellar, I loved that thing about André-Marie Ampère and Sewall Wright.

Way too often i've been in the shower and i think... have i washed my hair already? And i have no idea. Then i start to do it and see some foam on the floor from before...
Once i had a shower and completely forgot to wash my hair. Walked out and my mum said "didnt you have a shower? why isnt your hair very wet?" *facepalm* Damn showers... my time for pondering, like everywhere else :p

And the looking for something whilst its in your hand... so embarrassing.

I guess that's what makes intjs appear awkward so often?

I do that all the time :doh:

Hm...I haven't had any really good sensotard moments in a while, but I have realized that I have a pattern of systematically destroying carpeting. I spill ink, glue, paint, food, wax everything. When I was 12 I also lit the carpet in my room on fire by accident. Sigh. Some day I'll live in a nice, safe, concrete-floored warehouse.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Many times if I am reading something and it either bores me or I'm just too busy thinking of something else I can be "reading" the book until I stop and notice that I don't remember anything I had been reading for the past half hour. I'm actually reading the book and saying the words in my head, but my thoughts are focused entirely somewhere different while I'm doing it. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Guilty! :whistling:

Ahaha Stellar, I loved that thing about André-Marie Ampère and Sewall Wright.
haha I know, right? I can just imagine that guinea pig going *squeak squeak squeak* as he used it to erase bad formulas. :yim_rolling_on_the_

Hm...I haven't had any really good sensotard moments in a while, but I have realized that I have a pattern of systematically destroying carpeting. I spill ink, glue, paint, food, wax everything. When I was 12 I also lit the carpet in my room on fire by accident. Sigh. Some day I'll live in a nice, safe, concrete-floored warehouse.
haha, now that's just plain awesome.

I don't think I could ever live in a place with a concrete floor! What if you had lacquered wood flooring?

Synthetic Darkness

Worst sensotard moments:

Today at my high school we had a fire drill now for about the last two weeks my science teacher had been droning on and on about where exactly to meet her when we go outside. So when the drill actually happens everyone meets her at the designated spot but I end up on the other side of the school just wandering aimlessly until I remembered that I had to be at the spot and that she would do a head count. By the time I actually got there the teacher was totally freaked because she thought I was still in the building.

Another time I went to the mall with my friends and for some reason everywhere we went people wouldn't stop laughing at me or gawking at me, now the friends I went with are probably more spaced out and weird than I am (ENFP and an INFP) so they were confused too so until I met up with my ISTJ friend she smacked me across the head and asked me why I was wearing a high heeled boot on one foot and a sneaker on the other. :doh:

And am I the only person who gets lost very easily? I'm terrible with directions unless I'm really paying attention and I make little notes on the scenery.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yesterday I needed to go to city hall with some papers. I was at work, left the papers at home. So I drive home to get the papers. Then I realized I didn't have my wallet and needed identification as well. I looked all over at home, couldn't find it. Figured I left it at work. So I went to work to get my wallet. Found my wallet at work. Ah all set.

I'm back in my car, preparing to go to city hall... Damnit. In my hastiness and search frenzy for my wallet at home, I actually forgot to bring the papers. I start heading home again, got my papers in a hurry, city hall was nearing closing time. So I snatch them from the table and start scooting to the car. Drove to city hall, got in line, picked a number. Waited 10 mins, my turn! I walk up to the desk. Pull out my wallet and the papers. Spreading the papers as I start to talk to the girl behind the desk.

My eyes lower to the papers in my hands. You know how INTP's are at looking strangers in the eye when conversing. And what do I see. A printed out personal file of mine.

I had snatched the wrong papers from my table at home.

I had to mention it here. This has surely been the most sensotard moement of the year for me.

I went to city hall today and everything went smoothly this time by the way. :p

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Another time I went to the mall with my friends and for some reason everywhere we went people wouldn't stop laughing at me or gawking at me, now the friends I went with are probably more spaced out and weird than I am (ENFP and an INFP) so they were confused too so until I met up with my ISTJ friend she smacked me across the head and asked me why I was wearing a high heeled boot on one foot and a sneaker on the other. :doh:
Wow! haha. You didn't feel the difference between feet at all?

And am I the only person who gets lost very easily? I'm terrible with directions unless I'm really paying attention and I make little notes on the scenery.
My ENTP friend is just like that. Once we went to WalMart and we were walking back and when we got to our neighborhood (he'd already been living with us for several months) he suddenly looked like he was having some kind of supernatural epiphany and said, "This place looks so familiar!" I told him, "It's the intersection by our apartment, duh." :doh:

haha. I laughed at him for it but said I wish I could have that feeling of newness about the same old place like that. He said it was disconcerting and he would rather just have a better sense of direction. :alttongue:

He says that just as he really gets used to a place enough to learn how to navigate it, he moves. I just find that hilarious. :yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yesterday I needed to go to city hall with some papers. I was at work, left the papers at home. So I drive home to get the papers. Then I realized I didn't have my wallet and needed identification as well. I looked all over at home, couldn't find it. Figured I left it at work. So I went to work to get my wallet. Found my wallet at work. Ah all set.

I'm back in my car, preparing to go to city hall... Damnit. In my hastiness and search frenzy for my wallet at home, I actually forgot to bring the papers. I start heading home again, got my papers in a hurry, city hall was nearing closing time. So I snatch them from the table and start scooting to the car. Drove to city hall, got in line, picked a number. Waited 10 mins, my turn! I walk up to the desk. Pull out my wallet and the papers. Spreading the papers as I start to talk to the girl behind the desk.

My eyes lower to the papers in my hands. You know how INTP's are at looking strangers in the eye when conversing. And what do I see. A printed out personal file of mine.

I had snatched the wrong papers from my table at home.

I had to mention it here. This has surely been the most sensotard moement of the year for me.

I went to city hall today and everything went smoothly this time by the way. :p

Uhm Yeah. I'm gonna need some proof of that.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uhm Yeah. I'm gonna need some proof of that.

This is not something I would easily forget, and had been on my mind the whole day. So today all I could think about was doing it right this time around. :p

Funnily, I have had a completely free sensotard day today. Which is rare. I mean, not even the tiny little things. The usual stuff.

I suppose I just put my Se on sharp for today. :D

Tomorrow is a new day.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This is not something I would easily forget, and had been on my mind the whole day. So today all I could think about was doing it right this time around. :p

Funnily, I have had a completely free sensotard day today. Which is rare. I mean, not even the tiny little things. The usual stuff.

I suppose I just put my Se on sharp for today. :D

Tomorrow is a new day.

Good luck out there! :hi:

Watch out for the gl... !!! :doh:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, it'll happen, soon enough. The Se will wash out of my system in no time. :D (I am a P after all. It's not like I'd be able to keep this up forever. )

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
I've spent a day with my pajama top still round my middle - didn't finish taking it off.

Left keys in the door and both doors open and gone to town.

More T/Ntard-esq moments,

Poured orange juice into cereal and gagged, thinking it was really off milk or something.

Woken up an hour early for college, and had it in my head I was waking up at the right time, and then got confused when all the classrooms were empty.

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
After just now doing something really sensotarded, I feel compelled to provide another. True story.

8 minutes ago, I put a take-and-bake pizza in the oven. I returned to my computer to finish typing up a paper, all the while getting the vaguest of feelings that I smell baking plastic. It does not bother me enough to interrupt what I'm doing.

The smoke was my confirmation. I then realized I had put the pizza in the oven and forgot to remove the cling-wrap. My sensotardation cost me $11 and my dinner.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
The list is too long to bother covering.

For any aspiring cooks out there though, I'd just like to note that baking SODA is NOT the same thing as baking POWDER.

Please don't ask for specific details as to why I know this.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
haha, now that's just plain awesome.

I don't think I could ever live in a place with a concrete floor! What if you had lacquered wood flooring?

No? Ya don't dig super industrial/plain ugly flooring? :laugh: I adore hardwood floors, and they'd probably be fairly resistant to my incredible destructive abilities :D

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
My sensortard moment of the day:

Going through the whole day with only half of my shirt buttons buttoned. It's faster to do every other button. I simply forgot to attend to the others.

Synthetic Darkness

Wow! haha. You didn't feel the difference between feet at all?

Well I did wonder why I was limping.

New sensotard moment:

I thought I lost a 5 dollar bill (I do lose money very easily) so I overturn the house looking for it because my brother needed the money for a school trip (don't ask me why he couldn't just ask my mom he's a sensotard like me) and after checking every room and turning it upside did I realize it was in my bra :doh:

I wondered what was chafing me. :cheese:

B

brainheart

I've done a lot of this stuff. I just figure it has to do with having little concept of time aside from the present moment. That and the perceiving thing.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I lost a 5 dollar bill ... it was in my bra :doh:

Synth... is there something about yeur after hours job yeu'd like to tell us? >.>;;

That being said, I am stuck on 4bit (16 colour) video... with artifacts and dotted lines all over my screen like morse code.

And frequently... I may completely not notice this.

I had to put my glasses on a few days ago (hate them so this's rare), and one of the lenses fell out when a screw came loose... and I didn't notice whot was wrong for a notable length of time. I knew SOMETHING was wrong but I couldn't figure out whot.

Smudges on glasses, or dust on my monitor or tv, I can have a fairly notable sized blotch on a screen and not even realize it.