• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Sensotard moments

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yesterday in the car, my mom was telling me about the other day when she went to the bathroom at her house after I had used it. The metal thingy that holds the toilet paper is broken, so the paper was sitting on the ledge of the bathtub, but when I was done I put the roll on the back of the toilet. It went something like this:

Jeffster's Mommy: I was mad at you for a bit because I couldn't find the toilet paper, I reached to both my left and right and it wasn't either place. And my arms aren't long enough to reach from there to under the sink where there was more, so I searched for a long time and finally found you had put it on the back of the toilet.

Jeffster: You weren't looking when you came in?

Mommy: No, I didn't look for it until I needed it, I assumed it would be one of the places I always leave it. I had to reach around trying to find it.

Jeffster: Oh, you were in the dark?

Mommy: I don't remember if I had the light on or not, but that's not the point.

Jeffster: Wait, how can you not remember if the light was on or not?

Mommy: It doesn't matter! I don't remember every detail of it I just remember I had to feel around for it.

Jeffster: See, when I enter a room I just naturally scan the room, it would have to be dark for me to not see the paper on the back of the toilet.

Mommy: Yeah, I don't do that. I just put it one of two places so I always know where it is.

Jeffster: :huh:

Ladies and gentlemen, this has been Intuitive Mother/Sensor Son Theater. :cheese:

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I was cataloguing a book in 8 parts today. I started to get annoyed with the publisher because it wasn't obvious which part was which. Finally I saw way over in the corner in tiny lettering "No. 1, No. 2," etc.

Then I noticed on the covers of some of the later ones a square with large lettering "No. 6, No. 7, No. 8," etc. I thought to myself "they must have improved the design as they went along." A few minutes later I went back and saw they all had the square with large lettering - "No. 1, No. 2, No. 3." Doh!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What's a round year?

1970, 1980, 1990 etc

I seriously can't figure out my age when someone asks me without having to remember what the current year is, ie 2008 = 28 :doh:

deleted
I was struggling to read a newspaper yesterday, when my ESFJ daughter came in the room, switched on the light and said "Why are you reading in the dark?"

Heh. This was the first thing I was going to say before you mentioned it. Always unconscious to light and people ask why I'm doing "these" things, like reading in the dark. I don't spend much time with sensors, but when I used to, they were always questioning my sensotard moments (at least it seemed like they were, as if I was paying any attention.) It tends to be a very popular Perceiving type thing, because of their out world organization being so pointless. Sensors do think we're retarded. I happen to think they're retarded. :harhar: Kidding...

I really love the smilies in this place.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today I was walking through the mall and was trying to head down a set of stairs. I had my head hung in deep thought and kept walking towards the staircase. Then I got all the way to the staircase and realized it was blocked with plants. I look up and apparently had just walked through the set up area where kids get their pictures taken with Santa.

It took me a minute to realize where I was and then I said. "WOAH! I WAS HEADING TO THE STAIRS AND DIDNT REALIZE THEY WERE BLOCKED OFF!!! THEN I LOOKED UP AND REALIZED I WAS WALKIN IN A WINTER WONDERLAND" and ran off and left santa laughing.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I often like to watch the monologues of Letterman, Conan, and Craig Ferguson, but I usually forget to change the channel until each show has been on for half an hour.

theplacesyoullgo

Locking both of my locks, walking a few feet toward the elevators, and then asking myself if I locked the door.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
While talking on the cordless/cell phone and holding any object in my hand, I will place that object in a hidden portal to another dimension. It is lost for good and I will never find it unless it is returned to me by some benevolent being from said dimension.

:doh:

livinglife

MBTI Type
intp
Got out of my date's car to quickly return something to my apartment. Came back out. Got into the passenger seat. Turned to talk to my date. There was a man there. But, wrong man. Wrong Car.

Last edited:

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Got out of my date's car to quickly return something to my apartment. Came back out. Got into the passenger seat. Turned to talk to my date. There was a man there. But, wrong man. Wrong Car.

Awesome.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wednesday I was waiting for my ride in the rain, and I was watching the rain drops fall from off of the awning that was above me, and fell deep into my thoughts. It was about 45 degrees out, and I was wearing a wet t-shirt, and my hair was soaked (my wardrobe was sensotard moment #1 of the day). I stood there, looking up in a trance for about an hour, and I didn’t even realize it. The hundred or so people that passed me on their way to their classes must have thought I was insane.

sade

I had just shut the lights from the toilet, when I snapped out of my thoughts and realised I wasn't at home. Quick dash back and a lights back on in the public toilet, and trying to pretend it wasn't me. Thankfully, the doors were shut so no one noticed it was me.

Also, probably not a sensotard thing but.. Whenever reading book I go so deep into thought that you could drop a bomb and I wouldn't notice. One time mom cleaned the kitchen around the place I was sitting at and I didn't notice a thing. The same with shouting, I'll respond 20 mins later with.. "Did you say something?"

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No it was flat as a pancake...

<Chokes with laughter> One of my best friends at school did the same thing with his pet gerbil. I never let him forget it, either!