• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] what is it with INTJ's a germanic sounding names/military avatars?

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I think Rhinosaur ran a poll on INTPC once dealing with this.

As I recall, the options were:
  • German ancestry
  • Other

Very effective. There appeared to be a link. ;)

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
May I be stereotypical, too?

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I believe they're talking of the nicks and avatars we use, not about our actual nationality.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
BGCOLOR=#E1E4F2, BGCOLOR=#E1E4F2
UBER ALLES

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
It also does not mean that I do not fit the stereotypes in any way.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I suppose I fit the stereotype a bit, being on the border with INTJ and having an avatar sort of associated with a kind of military.

Are there any actual statistics behind this, or is it just a couple of member names that stand out?

Il Morto Qui Parla

MBTI Type
INTP
I suppose I fit the stereotype a bit, being on the border with INTJ and having an avatar sort of associated with a kind of military.

Are there any actual statistics behind this, or is it just a couple of member names that stand out?

No I don't think this topic is so interesting as to merit going out and researching statistics. I just felt like an observation. on INTPc there's abweichend, here we have uberfurher, a Metamorphosis is famed for that avatar. Then there's Acid Goethe the ENTJ, so maybe I should have said XNTJ. There are probably others too. It's quite noticeable.

Also my brother is INXJ, and he loves anything Germanic.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Though technically, if any name is English, it would technically be Germanic, ja?

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I suppose now is the time to report that I was, last night, listening to the industrial band Einsturzende Neubauten for the first time in months?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
lol, and I've been listening to Rammstein, Eisbrecher, and E Nomine like non stop...

who knows though...

I like the German language (although that has nothing to do with my avatar), and I'm interested in the military (probably will end up joining).

I suppose the military is very NTJ, but as far as germanic...who knows.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love Rammstein, Megaherz, Oomph, Das Ich, Falkenbach, Summoning, and E Nomine, myself!

Most of the xNTJs are I've come across are WWII buffs -- though this was mostly through MySpace, which has a big N population anyway...though mostly ENxx.

And I like German because it sounds powerful and intense.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but the language itself is Germanic. (German has a lot of Latin and Greek words, too.)

Il Morto Qui Parla

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, but the language itself is Germanic. (German has a lot of Latin and Greek words, too.)

the language is partly germanic...for example the word "popular"...completely at random...is clearly of Latin origin....so is "senate"..."democracy" is Greek...whether or not there aree similair words in german, I don't know, but they are not "Germanic" by any conventional definition...I would say English is a mix of primarily Latin and then words from Anglo-Saxon which originate from Germany...and the we have the Norman words, which are a different thing altogether...most names of "meat" are derived from the Norman, eg Pork, Beef, Mutton....but the animals, pig, cow sheep, are Anglo-Saxon names (Germanic), due to the French overlords eating the food, while the anglo-Saxon peasants simply worked with the animals. "chicken", being the food of the poor, retained its Anglo-Saxon (Germanic) name.

So not all english names are Germanic. If I call myself Popular_Democrat_Senator, or Beef_Mutton_Porker, that would not be Germanic by any conventional definiton.