• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] what is it with INTJ's a germanic sounding names/military avatars?

sdalek

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Is it limited to INxJ's only or have you observed a pattern for others?

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Are you sure it isn't a reverse stereotype? Is a stereotypical German personality INTJ?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They can't get a woman, so they decide to kill some Jews.

Happens all the time.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you sure it isn't a reverse stereotype? Is a stereotypical German personality INTJ?

Well, Germany is known as the land of poets and thinkers.

Though I cannot understand why German culture would be known for being Judgers...they always seemed so accepting, tolerant, and open-minded...

Although in America, German stereotypes seem xNTP-ish -- mad scientists and so forth. Just like the French are ISFP-ish snobs who appreciate the finer things in life.

I guess the American stereotype is probably ENTJ, these days.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Now I want to play an Avalon Hill game.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, maybe you're right...

Historically, though, American culture has long been known for innovation.

I guess it's just the world dominating corporations that seem ENTJ, like Microsoft (Bill Gates is an ENTJ).

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
It seems like germanic people are stereotypically designers and builders of very precise and efficient things, which seems pretty INTJ...

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems like germanic people are stereotypically designers and builders of very precise and efficient things, which seems pretty INTJ...

ISTJ.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJs are precise in designing (abstract precision). ISTJs are precise in maintaining (concrete precision).

Introverted perception is more precise, period.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
MacGuffin: You're kidding, right?

ISTJs are stereotypical forum/website administrators. There is a stereotype that says germanic people are very diligent and scheduled, though, so that would fit for some aspects. I find it funny how ISTJs work, eat, sleep, and do everything else on a set schedule.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even INTPs are precise in designing.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, that's true.

I remember getting a funny image in my head reading David Keirsey's description of the SJ temperament and the way they schedule everything, including sex.

An ISTJ looks at his watch and says, "We will take our clothes off in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..."

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Though I cannot understand why German culture would be known for being Judgers...they always seemed so accepting, tolerant, and open-minded...

Err. Because Js can be accepting, tolerant and open-minded perhaps?

I'm German, by the way. :party2:

EDIT: Oh fuck. Did I totally miss the sarcasm there? God dammit, I'm going to sleep.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, no, this is totally bogus. This is not a trait of INTPs.

Actually, MacGuffin is right. INTPs are very precise because their Ti function has good analytical skills.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, no, this is totally bogus. This is not a trait of INTPs.
Why do you continually give INTJs a bad name by being wrong all the time?

When I design something (which is rare) I am fastidious in finding every possible flaw and trying to anticipate how people can fuck it up.

For this reason, INTPs are great teachers, but the problem is we only want to teach it once to a person. We hate redunant teaching. Once should be good enough.

This also carries over to implementation. I have laid it all out, let someone else make it go.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Why do you continually give INTJs a bad name by being wrong all the time?

When I design something (which is rare) I am fastidious in finding every possible flaw and trying to anticipate how people can fuck it up.

For this reason, INTPs are great teachers, but the problem is we only want to teach it once to a person. We hate redunant teaching. Once should be good enough.

This also carries over to implementation. I have laid it all out, let someone else make it go.

In true F fashion I can only back this up with my own personal experience, but my personal experience definitely backs this up. All of the INTPs I know are very, very methodical when it comes to designing something they are interested in. They can't force that level of fastidiousness on things they're not really into, though, which is where the P comes in.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
All of the INTPs I know are very, very methodical when it comes to designing something they are interested in. They can't force that level of fastidiousness on things they're not really into, though, which is where the P comes in.
So that's why they miss deadlines!