• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The Ugly Truths

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a black person I still think rock music isn't as integrated into our culture as it should be by now. =_= There is no "white man's genre." Music should be entirely universal.

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My irl reaction:

First off, lmfao @ that clip. I don't know how I never saw that before.

But I am confused why it made you think of that xD Just for the record I pointed that out solely so I can give my personal insight with the culture before I said that.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
First off, lmfao @ that clip. I don't know how I never saw that before.

But I am confused why it made you think of that xD Just for the record I pointed that out solely so I can give my personal insight with the culture before I said that.

There is such little presence of black people in online spaces such as this, that when you come across a fellow black person in the wild it is kinda surprising. I'd walk up to you and sniff you both curiously and suspiciously but my therapist has asked me to refrain from doing so.

What you're saying is actually correct, though, and it is even 100x more accepted within urban communities nowadays to have more diverse musical tastes than it was even when I was growing up in like the late 90s/early 2000s. The black community as a whole seems to be trending in a slightly more progressive ideological direction but is still overall very much conservative/traditionalist.

Jai

Enneagram
V
There is such little presence of black people in online spaces such as this, that when you come across a fellow black person in the wild it is kinda surprising. I'd walk up to you and sniff you both curiously and suspiciously but my therapist has asked me to refrain from doing so.

What you're saying is actually correct, though, and it is even 100x more accepted within urban communities nowadays to have more diverse musical tastes than it was even when I was growing up in like the late 90s/early 2000s. The black community as a whole seems to be trending in a slightly more progressive ideological direction but is still overall very much conservative/traditionalist.

As yet another black person and one that is musically inclined, I can't help but jump in on this conversation, if only to see you react yet again XD

Pessimistic Hippie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I appreciate your honesty, not gonna lie.

Back in the '60s I know Jimi was booed off stage when he tried to play in his hometown because they thought he was a traitor, and I don't think THAT would be as likely to happen today hopefully. There are more and more black musicians who are master guitarists and they've fused it with funk which is pretty cool. I guess just as someone who loves death metal, for one thing, I'd love to see more blacks just shredding it haha.