• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why do I never feel awkward?

Kayin

MBTI Type
IXTX
Not that its a bad things but, does someone else experience the same thing i do?

It seems like no matter what happens, I never ever feel awkward. Just curious as to why and if there are others like me out there.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
You're one badass motherfucker, that's why. How many mammoths have you beaten to death with your fists?

Maybe it's because you're oblivious to the whole "awkward" thing. Do you recognize awkwardness in other people?

Kayin

MBTI Type
IXTX
You're one badass motherfucker, that's why. How many mammoths have you beaten to death with your fists?

Maybe it's because you're oblivious to the whole "awkward" thing. Do you recognize awkwardness in other people?

ahahah

I recognize it in others but I never feel the emotion....This leads me to do things that would normally make people awkward, and I can't even tell that what I'm doing will make them feel awkward. ahah

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
define what you think others feel that you don't?
just curious :D

Kayin

MBTI Type
IXTX
define what you think others feel that you don't?
just curious :D

Well, I can only remember being awkward once in my life when I was very young....I know how the emotion feels but.....I never feel it anymore....

I see this emotion in other people from the expression on their face to the very moment when they say something is awkward.

Kayin

MBTI Type
IXTX
How would i be oblivious to it? I notice it, I just don't feel it.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I mean what is awkwardness in this context? Being lost for words? Not knowing what to do? feeling self-conscious and worried people are thinking negatively of you? poor physical coordination? all of the above or something else?

I never feel worried that I don't know what to do or won't be able to handle something. And most things I do I'm pretty competent with (unlike my daughter who is 'awkward' when it comes to dancing or running). But that's not the same as awkwardness, I sense, in the way you're using it...?

Kayin

MBTI Type
IXTX
I mean what is awkwardness in this context? Being lost for words? Not knowing what to do? feeling self-conscious and worried people are thinking negatively of you? poor physical coordination? all of the above or something else?

I never feel worried that I don't know what to do or won't be able to handle something. And most things I do I'm pretty competent with (unlike my daughter who is 'awkward' when it comes to dancing or running). But that's not the same as awkwardness, I sense, in the way you're using it...?

Well what I mean by awkward is Ex. There is that moment of silence and normally you would feel "awkward" or "wierd" but Even if I don't know what to say I don't feel the way someone would normally feel.

Maybe I am using it, I don't really know.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I get moments where I sense the other person finds the silence or pause awkward, but I personally don't. If I sense they do, I'm quite able to diffuse it.

I have a kind of torsion going on with my social skills... in the one sense I know from experience and am confident I can diffuse most things and get along with most people, and carry them along on my energy and stuff... on the other hand, just before I'm actually about to begin that situation I have a moment of intense self-doubt. I wouldn't call it awkwardness per se... but nervousness perhaps yeah. But I dare myself and shove myself forward and from then on it's all cool.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
ahahah

I recognize it in others but I never feel the emotion....This leads me to do things that would normally make people awkward, and I can't even tell that what I'm doing will make them feel awkward. ahah

Sounds like you just don't care about any sort of awkwardness. It doesn't affect you, you see it in other people and do things that by consequence increase the awkward meter.

It's possible to not care about anger and yet acknowledge it.

Usually I'm most awkward when I try too hard at something or when I try to be something that I'm not.

Kayin

MBTI Type
IXTX
Sounds like you just don't care about any sort of awkwardness. It doesn't affect you, you see it in other people and do things that by consequence increase the awkward meter.

It's possible to not care about anger and yet acknowledge it.

Usually I'm most awkward when I try too hard at something or when I try to be something that I'm not.

I think you may be right.....but who's to know for sure....

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well what I mean by awkward is Ex. There is that moment of silence and normally you would feel "awkward" or "wierd" but Even if I don't know what to say I don't feel the way someone would normally feel.

Maybe I am using it, I don't really know.

My awkwardness level depends on how hyper I am at the time of the conversation. If I'm not that hyper, I might feel awkward, and then make a comment and it'll all work out. If I am hyper (and by hyper, I guess, I mean unusually social and bouncy), then I'll ignore the silence, and then an hour later when everything's calmed down I'll go "Jeez! What the hell did I just do?" and stay embarrassed about it for days.

MBTI Type
INxJ
You never feel awkward because your a super-bot. Congratulations.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My awkwardness level depends on how hyper I am at the time of the conversation. If I'm not that hyper, I might feel awkward, and then make a comment and it'll all work out. If I am hyper (and by hyper, I guess, I mean unusually social and bouncy), then I'll ignore the silence, and then an hour later when everything's calmed down I'll go "Jeez! What the hell did I just do?" and stay embarrassed about it for days.

I've done this... :doh: I've had my roommate lecture me on the toes I stepped on once we get home. This is why I try not to ingest too much sugar, caffeine, and menthol - Ne comes out of the bag with a vengance. :blush:

MBTI Type
ENTP

I'm the same way, but at least half the time I know what will make people feel awkward but I go ahead and do it anyway because it's funny.

Kayin

MBTI Type
IXTX
I'm the same way, but at least half the time I know what will make people feel awkward but I go ahead and do it anyway because it's funny.

ahaha yeah, those moments when you know and do it anyways are hilarious ahah

Pride

MBTI Type
INTP
I've slowly developed a lack of care for potential awkwardness when interacting socially. It probably has something to do with an over-inflated sense of my own intelligence, knowledge, and competence, but I would prefer a callous yet confident outward demeanor over a nice yet awkward outward demeanor. Especially when dealing with Judging types; having the ability to decisively throw whatever they are bombing you with right back into their faces seem to increase their respect, if not their friendliness.